Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Seen that Curtis and AJ posted about strictly on their instagrams.

Aj must be seething inside. :ROFLMAO:
Always thought AJ was an obnoxious little twat so he won’t be missed by me. Bet he’s gutted though, Qutting Strictly to do IAC only for it to be staying in the U.K. and filmed in Abergele instead of the Gold Coast, couldn’t happen to a nicer person 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Lilliepad

VIP Member
Not read much here but Clara Amfo is on line up. Who reckons people will vote for her on back of BLM stuff so strategic voting? It could go either way though - you’ll get far right daily mail voters who’ll vote her out, the woke lot who’ll follow any cause to stay relevant and then the BLM people.
This is such a crass comment 😂 I can’t even.
People will vote for her because she’s a popular Radio 1 DJ. People haven’t really used the black vote before, what makes you feel they will now? BLM has been a thing long before George Floyd.

Remember it’s vote to save so far right voters won’t even be voting her out, the vote will be split. The so called woke lot might vote for her but let’s face it, that’s not really Strictly’s viewing demographic is it?

I’m really sick of people popping BLM on everything, black people existed before this year, you know 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Flumps

VIP Member
Hello. Can I plonk myself down in here in readiness for this evening? I don't know why I didn't think to look for a Strictly thread before now.

Here are my Strictly hills I will die on:

I love Oti. She can do no wrong in my eyes and I DO NOT CARE that she is everywhere. She is delightful and makes me smile.
Craig is the best judge.
Anton is phoning it all in and I have no idea why he's still in the show. It's disappointing because it means the older women contestants who get partnered with him just have no chance of really learning anything, while he's so busy doing his Anton thing to camera.
I want to be best friends with Claudia and still miss her on ITT.
Ian Waite is a delight. I bought my sister a dance lesson with him for her 30th birthday and he was simply lovely to both of us and carried on chatting about SCD well past the time the lesson was due to finish.
I will always miss Natalie Lowe and would love, love, love her to be a judge.

I thank you for coming to my Strictly TED talk.

This series:
Nah, HRVY isn't ok. I mean, let's start with HRVY as a name, but more crucially he's got hidden hunger for victory barely under the skin. Couldn't deal with him at all.
Normally I like watching a ringer, sorry, but it's true, but I feel Maisie is going to grate on me.
I kinda expected Bill Bailey to have rhythm, but was surprised by how light on his feet he was. Looking forward to watching him.
My pre proper dancing favs are him, Nicola and Clara. I have a very soft spot for how smiley and happy Aljaz is at all times too.

Hah. Soz for length, my partner does not do Strictly and I need people to talk to about it, with necessary seriousness and thoroughness!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

cherry198

VIP Member
Johannes definitely deserves a good one next year. He is literally the only pro I like. The others are way too fame hungry.
I totally agree with the point about fame.Johannes seems to be the only professional not chasing the fame train.

He still lives in SA with/near his family in the off season and does a lot of outreach and charity work back home with young people in his community. He was the breakout star of last series and I’m sure has had many great opportunities come his way (although this was probably halted by covid) and will receive amazing opportunities in the future.He just seems really grateful to be there and thankful for all he has which makes me love him more..

• Heart
Reactions: 21

conrea37

VIP Member
Everyone going “you were my first choice!!”

Well you’re not going to say you wanted someone else are you!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It’s a no from me in regards to Giovanni, he reminds me of a sleazy waiter you’d see in a holiday resort in Rhodes 🤦🏻‍♀️
Sorry tattlers, I’ll go back to agreeing with you all now 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

glasgow27

VIP Member
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/aj-pritchard-rules-out-strictly-22857742

So AJ and Curtis are ruling out ever going on strictly in the future. Hate to break it to you lads, but I don't think they were ever planning on calling
Give it 3 years and they'll both regret it. Work like what they are doing dries up eventually and it's never good to act this way so early in one's career.

If they wanted to be a double act, they could just followed the same trajectory as the Cliftons and both been SCD pros then could have gone from there. I'm sure SCD would have considered hiring Curtis prior to AJ quitting as I reckon we could see a handful of ex DWTS Ireland pros popping up on SCD in the next few years.

I just find AJ's attitude baffling. Not even an ounce of gratitude. Does he not realise how many people could have taken his pro spot over the years yet the BBC kept offering him contracts? He was darn lucky to make it on the show!

Last edited:
Reactions: 18

PowerliftingOtter

I know he didn’t dance well in the group no but I really like how JJ came across. I hope he’ll be like Chris last year and get a bit better every week.
Jamie was def not impressed with Karen 🤣
I feel sorry for Gorka, Maisie seems like she’s gonna be very annoying! Think Bill and Caroline might be surprising. Hope Max does well and Hrvy too.
So bored of Anton and the old lady pairing. How many years is that now?!?😴😴
I suspect Anton likes getting duffers year after year. Early exit, less work & still paid. Like semi-retirement! 😆

• Haha

Pagger

Chatty Member
Having an utterly shit time at the minute and that really made me smile, I loved it!!

• Heart

Belulah

VIP Member
My early thoughts are Jason will launch a big career off of this. He’s handsome and tonnes of charisma. I think he came across very well and is very watchable! I think he might fill the role people expected Max to fill.

Reactions: 17