Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd be staggered if it's Zoe. I can't see how it would appeal to her in the slightest.

I suspect the 'female YouTube star' is Holly H. She's much better known for TikTok but has a significant presence on YouTube.

Bill is a good signing and I'm glad that Jamie got his chance.

JJ is nowhere near as famous as anyone else in the cast so I do think that he was signed to fulfil the BBC's requirement for a disabled contestant. Sorry for sounding crass. At least the BBC have finally remembered that Scotland exists!

ETA - Maisie just also got confirmed.

Reactions: 3
Not read much here but Clara Amfo is on line up. Who reckons people will vote for her on back of BLM stuff so strategic voting? It could go either way though - you’ll get far right daily mail voters who’ll vote her out, the woke lot who’ll follow any cause to stay relevant and then the BLM people.

Not read much here but Clara Amfo is on line up. Who reckons people will vote for her on back of BLM stuff so strategic voting? It could go either way though - you’ll get far right daily mail voters who’ll vote her out, the woke lot who’ll follow any cause to stay relevant and then the BLM people.
This is such a crass comment 😂 I can’t even.
People will vote for her because she’s a popular Radio 1 DJ. People haven’t really used the black vote before, what makes you feel they will now? BLM has been a thing long before George Floyd.

Remember it’s vote to save so far right voters won’t even be voting her out, the vote will be split. The so called woke lot might vote for her but let’s face it, that’s not really Strictly’s viewing demographic is it?

I’m really sick of people popping BLM on everything, black people existed before this year, you know 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This is such a crass comment 😂 I can’t even.
People will vote for her because she’s a popular Radio 1 DJ. People haven’t really used the black vote before, what makes you feel they will now? BLM has been a thing long before George Floyd.

Remember it’s vote to save so far right voters won’t even be voting her out, the vote will be split. The so called woke lot might vote for her but let’s face it, that’s not really Strictly’s viewing demographic is it?

I’m really sick of people popping BLM on everything, black people existed before this year, you know 😂
Ok but I’ve heard through a few black mates that they’ll vote for her for the BLM movement vote and I know a couple of right people who’ll say they won’t vote for her for the fact she’s White! Political voting!

I’d vote for her if I did because she can dance not for the skin colour etc.

Reactions: 1
Ok but I’ve heard through a few black mates that they’ll vote for her for the BLM movement vote and I know a couple of right people who’ll say they won’t vote for her for the fact she’s White! Political voting!

I’d vote for her if I did because she can dance not for the skin colour etc.
I think a lot of black people will vote for her because she is black in solidarity, sure, but that’s nothing to do with BLM. You’re conflating a human rights movement with a social behaviour.

Reactions: 4
I wonder how Nicola will do. Reading the homophobic comments on twitter made me feel so sick. I’m so happy she’s dancing with a woman, I’ve watched strictly ever since I could remember and it would of been amazing to see a same sex couple on the show back then, I think it would have definitely made me feel more comfortable with my sexuality earlier.
Unfortunately I don’t know how many people will vote for her, I don’t think she’ll get the black vote cause she’s gay, then the conservative (Not people who support the party, more the adjective conservative) voters will most likely not vote for her.

I’m still really happy she’s on the show though and I just hope she’s good

Reactions: 4
Bill Bailey is an amazing signing, probably the best they’ve had in years.

Reactions: 6
I’m so excited he’s signed up he’s such a big name compared to some from last year (less celebs more money for bigger names perhaps) I think he could be the shock of the series and end up being quite good and go quite far (as long as producers don’t force a bunch of stupid gimmicky dancers on him)

Reactions: 2
I think Bill could be a dark horse, he’s a musician so obvisouly has rhythm and he has ‘perfect pitch’ although not sure if that will help him dance any better!

Reactions: 3
I think a lot of black people will vote for her because she is black in solidarity, sure, but that’s nothing to do with BLM. You’re conflating a human rights movement with a social behaviour.
I guess I am but the thing is a few black younger people I know are pushing the BLM agenda a lot (why not!) and also sticking together/more up for themselves which is great - I really think the lines do get blurred. Funnily enough the older people who should be more burned by racial stereotyping etc that I know of, they’re not pushing the agenda much themselves re human rights movement of BLM well certainly not matching because it doesn’t suit them/it’s not relevant to them, but I’m not going into that here as it’s not relevant.

Agreed he’s actually famous!

Reactions: 2
The Sun are now saying HRVY is the Youtuber, so not a female after all 💃
Not sure if he really qualifies as a YouTuber but interesting that they appear to have signed 2 young singers. I wonder if him, Max & Jamie will all cancel each other's vote out. All appeal to a younger audience.

Already an experienced dancer apparently so if he is definitely in, him and Maisie should make for a good competition even if everyone else turns out to be crap (unlikely).

Put him with Katya please - would work height wise and he's 10 years younger than her so she'll be saved from the wrath of the tabloids (I think getting Max would be bait for Dan Wootton).

It appears that there is a shortage of tall women this year so some guys will be getting benched. I guess it's a choice between Aljaž & Johannes. Who will TPTB go for? I think Graziano is guaranteed to be benched looking at the female lineup.

Last edited:
Maisie Smith and Jamie Laing have been announced. Not gonna lie, Maisie was very good in the Christmas ep, maybe this could be her redemption?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.