Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

katiex

I’m guessing Jamie Laing will be getting Oti as thats who he was partnered with last year before his injury?

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Male same sex partnership - and no not competing, two of the pros dance together last year, resulting in a lot of backlash, but hopefully the British public can’t get over their homophobia and it will be a more common thing especially as same sex female partners are quite common in ballroom anways
I don't think there was much of a backlash to Johaness and Graziano doing a dance last year; yeah some homophobes complained but that was nothing compared to the people who loved it.

I think what surprised me was that it was going to be female same sex couple as the first this year; I thought after the boys dance last year, they're being a same sex male couple on DWTS in australia and on dancing on ice earlier this year that the first same sex couple was going to be male.

I guess firstly the strictly bosses had to find a contestant that they liked that wanted to be in a same sex partnership but like you said seeing as a lot of girls dance together in the competing world it make sense.

I reckon that we'll see a male same-sex pairing at some point but none this year. Perhaps they can get Tom Daley interested if/when he retires or takes a break from competing - I've wanted him to do it for years.

They probably did a female same-sex pairing this year since Nicola was a good signing for the show and it's what she wanted. Plus, the imbalance of male and female pros (all females from last year are back while AJ & Kevin resigned and weren't officially replaced) made it an ideal opportunity, otherwise 3 female pros could have been left without a partner.

Nicola is a good celeb to start off with as she's fairly young and an athlete so will put plenty of effort in. I'm relieved that it's not a camp comedy act type (no disrespect to the likes of Russell Grant) as I feel that people wouldn't take them seriously and it could lead to people not accepting the idea of same-sex pairings at all.
I LOVE Tom Daley! I've been thinking surely strictly bosses would be wanting him but I guess it might make more sense for him to do it after the olympics.

Yeah the dancefloor would be scarce of the female pros at that rate! :ROFLMAO:

VIP Member
Nicola Adams has made the headlines, it's claimed she has set up an account with only fans with her girlfriend. It's been "suggested" she might get in trouble with the BBC over this.

M.fairy

Chatty Member
Yeah so happy for Hrvy; noticed his strictly countdown was out today as well so he must be at the studio able to do the promo photos/fittings and the like. I think HRVY seems to be the biggest question mark on which pro is going to get him because he is the youngest and a ringer it's more of a pigeonholed box; still seems like Janette and Dianne are the front runners.

Kai seems like a good one; heard nothing but positive things from his time on the DWTS ireland; he also has burn the floor experience so he is more than capable.

Yeah I haven't seen them live (only saw youtube videos of the kevin and karen tour, strictly tour, here come the girls tour, professionals tour and some burn the floor clips) but I think any of the pros who were Burn the floor members always seem to give that extra oomph :p

Yeah maybe they will include more dancers who knows??? Last strictly tour I saw was the Harry Judd year :p
I hope Dianne doesn’t get him, she always get good dancers she needs a old guy who has no ability 😂

Applina89

Just watched the best of the final and it’s gotten me really excited for next week!
My expectations are quite low for this series to be honest, but I’m still looking forward to a bit of glitz and glam and the professionals routines.
Jason & Luba would be a good shout actually! I think she’s a fab dancer.
Clara & Giovanni?
Bill & Oti?
Jamie & Diane?
I have no idea!

GoLando

VIP Member
I wish I was a fly on the wall during those discussions when AJ quit. What on earth went down for him to act the way he did?

The SCD statement for him leaving was hilarious - they couldn't hide their contempt.
I can’t find the Strictly statement. Anyone got it?