Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Johannes definitely deserves a good one next year. He is literally the only pro I like. The others are way too fame hungry.
I totally agree with the point about fame.Johannes seems to be the only professional not chasing the fame train.

He still lives in SA with/near his family in the off season and does a lot of outreach and charity work back home with young people in his community. He was the breakout star of last series and I’m sure has had many great opportunities come his way (although this was probably halted by covid) and will receive amazing opportunities in the future.He just seems really grateful to be there and thankful for all he has which makes me love him more..

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Watched some of the IG stories today - My love for Jason & Luba is growing ❤ Oti and Billy could also become one of my faves!

Reactions: 6
Watched some of the IG stories today - My love for Jason & Luba is growing ❤ Oti and Billy could also become one of my faves!
I agree I’ve fallen a bit in love with them already I’m ashamed to say😂Really hope people get behind them and they do well.

Reactions: 3
I agree I’ve fallen a bit in love with them already I’m ashamed to say😂Really hope people get behind them and they do well.
I'm really liking Jason & Luba, they seem like a great pairing, can't wait to see them dance, but I think they could go far.

Also Dianne hasn't been on insta at all, most likely cause she getting so much abuse that she going to cheat on Joe. So I'd say she is going to keep her head down & stay off social media for a lot of the series.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm actually looking forward to see what Jason and Luba bring; he is the first NFL player on the show and it'll be nice for Luba to get someone half decent after the disaster last year.

Oti and Bill; well I'm not the biggest fan of Oti but I think Bill could be a laugh and I actually think he could surprise us and be actually decent.

Also Dianne hasn't been on insta at all, most likely cause she getting so much abuse that she going to cheat on Joe. So I'd say she is going to keep her head down & stay off social media for a lot of the series.
I think Dianne is probably off social media because it's the first week and it'll be more intense training; I'd say she'll gradually use it more as the show goes on and they get into a rhythm. In terms of the 'abuse' it's only a few random trolls on twitter; the majority of her fans are really supportive especially after the launch show seeing how nice Max was.

I'm really liking Jason & Luba, they seem like a great pairing, can't wait to see them dance, but I think they could go far.

I'm already loving how Jason seems to spend the whole time stretching 😂

Reactions: 2
What are JJ‘s disabilities/ physical limitations? I know he was injured in a landmine attack but wasn’t sure If he’d Said anything more.

Anyone else exhausted and sick of Katya yet since it was announced she got Nicola? I think she's excited about the exposure a same sex couple will give her but seems to have forgotten about the actual person she's dancing with. I really like Nicola but based on how Katya reacted in Saturday and her social media since, I will be not bothered now how long she lasts. My TV remote will also be ready for Katya constant screeching
I can't stand Katya. Too OTT for me. She's going to be even worse this series

Reactions: 5
What are JJ‘s disabilities/ physical limitations? I know he was injured in a landmine attack but wasn’t sure If he’d Said anything more.
You can read about it here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictlys-jj-chalmers-terrifying-injuries-22621852

I can't stand Katya. Too OTT for me. She's going to be even worse this series
Yeah she is very OTT; there were moments with Mike last year where I was rolling my eyes :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
This will really put some of the other celebs to shame when they start to bring out their blatant sob stories to get votes
I wonder if we'll get any of that nonsense this year. The sob stories are rarely truly impactful. Half of them were dedicated to their nans last year, Saffron in particular. Puh-lease.

If I was a celeb on SCD, I wouldn't go down the sob story route, don't believe in doing that to garner sympathy nor would I have anything that compelling. Leave that to the likes of JJ who have been through real challenges and not some spoiled YouTuber whose grandparents are still alive.

Reactions: 12
Will there be no audience at all? Just wondering if that will mean no strictly spoiler this year? :( I prefer to read that than watch the Sunday show 😄

Will there be no audience at all? Just wondering if that will mean no strictly spoiler this year? :( I prefer to read that than watch the Sunday show 😄
There will be audience members but very little; spaced out wearing masks. If you watched the launch show you can see them.

There's no guarantee for spoilers this year as there is less audience (the spoiler mole always came from an audience member) but the main guy on twitter Dave Thorp who runs the strictly spoiler account and website says he will try his best but no guarantees.

So it might mean a good old fashioned back in the day waiting till the sunday results show

Reactions: 2
They are allowing small groups of households apparently!

Reactions: 1
There will be audience members but very little; spaced out wearing masks. If you watched the launch show you can see them.

There's no guarantee for spoilers this year as there is less audience (the spoiler mole always came from an audience member) but the main guy on twitter Dave Thorp who runs the strictly spoiler account and website says he will try his best but no guarantees.

So it might mean a good old fashioned back in the day waiting till the sunday results show
Ah thank you. I watched the launch show but didn’t pay much attention to the audience area 😄

Would actually be quite nice not to have the spoiler.
I don't mind but the only problem is if Dave is not able to get a spoiler then there probably will be trolls/troublemakers over twitter/social media who will say they know someone who was in the audience and they know who was in the dance off and eliminated. There's always people like that every series but everyone knows just ignore them and wait for Dave to release the spoiler but if Dave is unable to get it a certain week(s) and the troublemakers will be releasing 'spoilers' it will throw people until disarray till the sunday nights reveal show.

I hope people just ignore them.

I see it's been reported that Max is doing a,tango this weekend. Has this been done this early? If he gets over his nerves it could be quite good.

Any other leaks of the dances the celebs are doing?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.