Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think JJ and Jackie will be early outs by the group dance. Ranvir could do fairly well with Gio. I’m expecting Nicola to go far. Same with Jason,Jamie and hrvy. Maisie and Clara I can see being great at some of the fun upbeat numbers but potentially struggle with the slower traditional ballroom.

I fear Max will fade away unless he overcomes the shyness which unfortunately I don’t think there’s enough time to do. I think he could be a shock elimination not for his dance ability but his personality. It’s a public vote at the end of the day and if the public don’t gel with you they won’t vote for you.

Not sure why Kelvin was there all he did was a few jive kicks and that was it. Totally pointless IMO.

Bill will probably get a good few weeks like Mike or Ed balls.

Reactions: 8
Can we talk about how bad that dance was from Oti and Kelvin?

It must have only been a 15 minute rehearsal; thank god it was only a really short number as well! :ROFLMAO:
Agreed - I think that they had virtually no rehearsal time due to distancing etc. Very, very short.

Never really a fan of them bringing back the winners on launch shows - I wish they quietly dropped it when Joe McFadden didn't bother doing it a few years ago, it ruins the magic of the dance. Loved the Showdance last year but it was crap this time. A quick hello and interview with Kelvin would have been fine.

Reactions: 4
Can we talk about how bad that dance was from Oti and Kelvin?

It must have only been a 15 minute rehearsal; thank god it was only a really short number as well! :ROFLMAO:
I really cant stand him, do people remember a woman selling her story that she was meeting him in hotels when he was filming SCD for sex? I'm sure she was a working woman because I cant see anyone else being prepared to sleep with him. I think hes really unattractive and he loves himself.

But Diane chose Joe over the Emmerdale hunk so her tastes are certainly questionable!
I think her and her ex broke before her and Joe entertained the idea of being together plus they has supposedly been rocky long before she was even partnered with Joe. She said she fell in love with Joe because he loves her for her and doesn't try to change her which is a great thing.

This strictly curse thing is a load of nonsense.

I really cant stand him, do people remember a woman selling her story that she was meeting him in hotels when he was filming SCD for sex? I'm sure she was a working woman because I cant see anyone else being prepared to sleep with him. I think hes really unattractive and he loves himself.
I genuinely can't understand what people see in him.

Then again, we all have our own type, my ideal guy is totally the opposite to him looks wise (and personality + beliefs wise).

I think Jason will be one to watch, he looked really good dancing. I think it depend on Luba's choreography and whether the public will like him.

I agree that Kelvin was a bit ropey during his dance with Oti.

Reactions: 7
I think Jason will be one to watch, he looked really good dancing. I think it depend on Luba's choreography and whether the public will like him.

I agree that Kelvin was a bit ropey during his dance with Oti.
I loved Jason. He seems like a really nice guy & looks good too.
And I thought Bill was surprisingly good.
The faces Maisie was pulling though...🙄

Reactions: 11
Was so pleased about there being a same sex couple this year but Nicola is such an irritant, I’m sad that it’s her!

Reactions: 3
Agree with everyone about Jason! Also happy happy that Luba has someone with potential this year!

Reactions: 10
Was there a reason why Jamie wasn’t given Oti again? Is it just because he’s too good and she needs someone tit lol

Reactions: 3
Agree with everyone about Jason! Also happy happy that Luba has someone with potential this year!
She definitely deserved a partner like Jason after a year on the bench then the godawful James Cracknell who should have never been cast on the show.

I'm excited for their pairing. We saw that Luba can work well with a celeb when she had Richard Arnold in the Christmas show last year and managed to give him a reasonable routine plus the NFL guys are almost always great on DWTS and 4 of them have won. The routines of Emmitt Smith & Rashad Jennings still live on to this day over there.

Was there a reason why Jamie wasn’t given Oti again? Is it just because he’s too good and she needs someone tit lol
Probably because they didn't want it to be too predictable and also because she was reigning champ. Plus, 5 series in, she was due someone older.

Not sure what to make of his partnership with Karen - I definitely think they match well but Oti is a better pro overall so I think there will always be that question of what could have been.

Jason seems the nicest guy so I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do! Luba has never really had a chance to shine so it will be interesting to see what she can do too.

Loving Caroline and Johannes, potentially my fave pairing!
Was laughing to myself at Dianne getting Max after everything we said on tattle, especially in Joes thread 😂.

Reactions: 2
Agreed - I think that they had virtually no rehearsal time due to distancing etc. Very, very short.

Never really a fan of them bringing back the winners on launch shows - I wish they quietly dropped it when Joe McFadden didn't bother doing it a few years ago, it ruins the magic of the dance. Loved the Showdance last year but it was crap this time. A quick hello and interview with Kelvin would have been fine.
Wasn't it rumoured joe and Craig had a thing and that was why he didn't come back

I think her and her ex broke before her and Joe entertained the idea of being together plus they has supposedly been rocky long before she was even partnered with Joe. She said she fell in love with Joe because he loves her for her and doesn't try to change her which is a great thing.

This strictly curse thing is a load of nonsense.
I think there was definitely an overlap with her ex and joe but who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️ Really happy she is partnered with max although some of the Joanne fans on twitter are not pleased 🤣 I think Dianne will get the chance to do some of the sexier dances with max this series and the Joanne fans will implode

Reactions: 5
Maisie really sets my teeth on edge 🙄

Really excited to see Jason - he came across so well and looked great!

Hrvy will do so well with his massive following - like Saffron did last year but he’s such a ringer. Kenny Womald (sp) is his dance teacher for his videos and tour (yes I accept it’s a bit different). Kenny used to go out with one of the Pussycat Dolls (think it was Ashley), runs the Playground dance studio and played the lead in Footloose in the remake and really knows his stuff. But there’s always a ringer so hey ho!

With not much going on atm I’m already way too invested

Perhaps they thought he and Karen could share hair dye more easily. 😄

It's nice to have the series back. Clara looks really good, and Jason seems very nice and enthusiastic. Not sure about Hrvy and Janette, he seems sweet, but I never really like her ballroom.

• Haha
They have a habit of giving the ringers to pros when the producers know that it's going to be their last series (Aliona/Jay and Pasha/Ashley spring to mind). Maybe that's why Janette has HRVY? She'll be 37 in November and I know she wants kids so it seems likely.

Reactions: 1
I know he didn’t dance well in the group no but I really like how JJ came across. I hope he’ll be like Chris last year and get a bit better every week.
Jamie was def not impressed with Karen 🤣
I feel sorry for Gorka, Maisie seems like she’s gonna be very annoying! Think Bill and Caroline might be surprising. Hope Max does well and Hrvy too.
So bored of Anton and the old lady pairing. How many years is that now?!?😴😴
I suspect Anton likes getting duffers year after year. Early exit, less work & still paid. Like semi-retirement! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I suspect Anton likes getting duffers year after year. Early exit, less work & still paid. Like semi-retirement! 😆
Very likely!🤣 And this year once he’s out I guess he’ll get to go back home to his wife and kids as all the pro dances are already done so a long Christmas holiday is on the cards for him! I know it’s sometimes an unpopular opinion but I’m not a massive Anton fan, he’s obviously a nice guy but he’s boring now after all these years doing the same things and he doesn’t look like he belongs in the group dances.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.