Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t buy this whole “Shirley decides she hates a female contestant and is constantly vile to her every year” theory.

She was definitely tough on Faye (and Ashley) but she said many lovely, effusive, complimentary things to her, too. The exact same with Emma B last year. They literally just showed clips of this on the recent specials!

Shirley tends to follow the same pattern with her remarks - a brief compliment, followed by some proper critique, followed by an encouraging remark. She seems to try really hard to do this and yet she’s still trolled to a ridiculous level about it. Death threats are not on.

I also don’t think you can put Charlotte Hawkins in this alleged theory anyway because a) she was AWFUL and b) Brendan was entirely responsible for that whole mess. He was disprespectful, sexist and had zero business giving Charlotte such difficult choreography. He tried to be the big man and made a fool of himself and got Charlotte caught up in it, too.

I do think Shirley fawns over any shirtless man with an ounce of hip action, but so does Motsi, so does Bruno, so did Darcey... they all need to tone it down massively on that front, it’s horrible.
Charlotte wasn't a good dancer but didn't deserve the treatment she got from Shirley. Also the way she is with other females. Nice comments for Faye were they after a public backlash over her comments? If there was a casting for a musical to play Norma Desmond for Sunset Boulevard. Shirley would be my number one to play her. Maybe she is playing a character? Piers Morgan was angry with her for quite awhile over the Charlotte treatment. Then met her and changed his opinion. Panto villian is what I call Shirley.. I would prefer some different judges on the panel.

Reactions: 3
I am not a fan of Shirley too me that first year she made out that these celebrities will become dancers. It's just an competition. I still get that from her. I'm glad Brandon stood up to her. Cause she was very harsh to Charlotte amd Brandon wasn't taking any of it. We night have lost him. But Shirley doesn't have a right to talk the way she did to Charlotte. She just a celebrity. The Other judges don't talk like that to celebrities. Only Len to Will Young.

Reactions: 2
I am not a fan of Shirley too me that first year she made out that these celebrities will become dancers. It's just an competition. I still get that from her. I'm glad Brandon stood up to her. Cause she was very harsh to Charlotte amd Brandon wasn't taking any of it. We night have lost him. But Shirley doesn't have a right to talk the way she did to Charlotte. She just a celebrity. The Other judges don't talk like that to celebrities. Only Len to Will Young.
And Len to Kelly Brook.

Reactions: 2
I like a Shirley and don’t understand the hate she gets. She tends to be harder on the celebs she knows can do so much better, and her comments towards Emma last year were actually aimed at Anton who was badly letting her down with his tit choreography and teaching.

Reactions: 5
Of all SCD pros, I'm surprised we never saw James Jordan in the jungle. Brendan & Kristina as well to a lesser extent although they both actually do seem to have a bit of a career post SCD as opposed to being a professional keyboard warrior.

I wonder if AJ's attitude changed a bit after the attack in the nightclub a few years ago. Maybe he took on more of a "life is too short" attitude and wanted to do something other than Strictly as opposed to sticking around on a show he didn't really enjoy doing after the honeymoon period was over. Just a shame he couldn't have conducted his decisions in a better way but being born and bred into the UK dance scene, I'm going to guess that he doesn't have much real life experience and is a bit immature as a result.

Reactions: 1
Hello. Can I plonk myself down in here in readiness for this evening? I don't know why I didn't think to look for a Strictly thread before now.

Here are my Strictly hills I will die on:

I love Oti. She can do no wrong in my eyes and I DO NOT CARE that she is everywhere. She is delightful and makes me smile.
Craig is the best judge.
Anton is phoning it all in and I have no idea why he's still in the show. It's disappointing because it means the older women contestants who get partnered with him just have no chance of really learning anything, while he's so busy doing his Anton thing to camera.
I want to be best friends with Claudia and still miss her on ITT.
Ian Waite is a delight. I bought my sister a dance lesson with him for her 30th birthday and he was simply lovely to both of us and carried on chatting about SCD well past the time the lesson was due to finish.
I will always miss Natalie Lowe and would love, love, love her to be a judge.

I thank you for coming to my Strictly TED talk.

This series:
Nah, HRVY isn't ok. I mean, let's start with HRVY as a name, but more crucially he's got hidden hunger for victory barely under the skin. Couldn't deal with him at all.
Normally I like watching a ringer, sorry, but it's true, but I feel Maisie is going to grate on me.
I kinda expected Bill Bailey to have rhythm, but was surprised by how light on his feet he was. Looking forward to watching him.
My pre proper dancing favs are him, Nicola and Clara. I have a very soft spot for how smiley and happy Aljaz is at all times too.

Hah. Soz for length, my partner does not do Strictly and I need people to talk to about it, with necessary seriousness and thoroughness!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So five minutes before the new show and the official strictly Instagram page has released pictures of only two celebs in tonight's outfit...Maisie and HRVY. Something seriously stinks here

Reactions: 7
Any good Strictly snacks for tonight? Bought in some wings & cake from my local TGI Fridays.

Changed the channel to BBC1 a few mins early and the Little Mix show is on, nice to see Chris Ramsey doing well in his career after last year's Strictly.

Reactions: 4
Any good Strictly snacks for tonight? Bought in some wings & cake from my local TGI Fridays.

Changed the channel to BBC1 a few mins early and the Little Mix show is in, nice to see Chris Ramsey doing well in his career after last year's Strictly.
Just a shame he's put his name to a steaming pile of poo programme. I've caught the last five minutes and its truly awful.

I've got some homemade kfc ready with a,large glass of wine. Really ready for tonight

Reactions: 5

Changed the channel to BBC1 a few mins early and the Little Mix show is in, nice to see Chris Ramsey doing well in his career after last year's Strictly.
I really enjoyed Chris and Karen last year.

I have Fox's Extremely Chocolatey biscuits and a massive mug of coffee. Rock and roll.

Reactions: 6
Just from watching the titles I don’t think Maisie is gonna get votes she’s very confident isn’t she

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.