Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh wow, Ant and Dec should sue for this blatant rip off :ROFLMAO:

My god! They really are trying to be the 2nd Ant and Dec; :ROFLMAO: I doubt this would sell well at this rate but I bet they're hoping AJ's IACGMOH stint will boost sales. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
She’s only wore it once so not sure why you would think it’s going to feature every week 🤣
Possibly because its been in every bleeping promo so far

I have to admit I've not been this excited about a new series in years and not just because we'll get less Bruno

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/aj-pritchard-rules-out-strictly-22857742

So AJ and Curtis are ruling out ever going on strictly in the future. Hate to break it to you lads, but I don't think they were ever planning on calling
Give it 3 years and they'll both regret it. Work like what they are doing dries up eventually and it's never good to act this way so early in one's career.

If they wanted to be a double act, they could just followed the same trajectory as the Cliftons and both been SCD pros then could have gone from there. I'm sure SCD would have considered hiring Curtis prior to AJ quitting as I reckon we could see a handful of ex DWTS Ireland pros popping up on SCD in the next few years.

I just find AJ's attitude baffling. Not even an ounce of gratitude. Does he not realise how many people could have taken his pro spot over the years yet the BBC kept offering him contracts? He was darn lucky to make it on the show!

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Give it 3 years and they'll both regret it. Work like what they are doing dries up eventually and it's never good to act this way so early in one's career.

If they wanted to be a double act, they could just followed the same trajectory as the Cliftons and both been SCD pros then could have gone from there. I'm sure SCD would have considered hiring Curtis prior to AJ quitting as I reckon we could see a handful of ex DWTS Ireland pros popping up on SCD in the next few years.
They're both behaving so entitled and are bitter towards strictly that I suspect something happened to cause AJ to flounce out. There's definitely tension from strictly's end towards AJ based on their minimal reaction to him leaving. I wonder if they were trying to push Curtis as a pro then flounced out when they said no. It doesn't even sound no like I'm a celeb want them now either

Also he quotes he achieved everything with the show. He couldn't even make the final once despite being given a good dancer every year

Reactions: 10
They're both behaving so entitled and are bitter towards strictly that I suspect something happened to cause AJ to flounce out. There's definitely tension from strictly's end towards AJ based on their minimal reaction to him leaving. I wonder if they were trying to push Curtis as a pro then flounced out when they said no. It doesn't even sound no like I'm a celeb want them now either

Also he quotes he achieved everything with the show. He couldn't even make the final once despite being given a good dancer every year
I wouldn't quite agree that he got favoured with partners - only really Claudia was final material and they would have made it had Will Young not quit - he never really had an Alexandra/Ashley level celeb and I do think that for all that he's a bit of a brat, he did seem to teach his celebs fairly well. Definitely has been challenged more than Giovanni and arguably Kevin until he won especially when he got Lauren. I think he had more to achieve so that quote seemed odd.

Agree that something definitely went down. I had a feeling that he'd had enough once Saffron got eliminated as he came across bitter on It Takes Two. Maybe he tried to through his weight around as a seasoned and fairly popular pro and made demands like "give me X, Y & Z" or I quit" and the producers said cheerio in response. Similar things have happened on the American version where on a couple of occasions, pros initially signed on got into a beef with producers and ended up not participating in the season. Perhaps you're right that they rejected Curtis as a new pro and maybe AJ made a demand that it was both or neither.

Reactions: 7
Why would they want Aj as a judge like just wondering? Like someone else said he’s like 12. I don’t think someone would employ him to judge a local talent show let alone strictly anyways if a dancers gonna become a judge it’s gonna be Anton

Reactions: 10
The more I think about that interview the angrier i get. It was insulting to both his fellow dancers and the show. He makes out they're both bigger than the show and would only deem it possible to come back as a judge. If you compare him to Kevin who achieved something, he's always been complimentary about the show and when asked if he would go back, felt they had both gone on. He also actively promoted the new series too.

As far as I can see, AJ is trying to stay relevant by associating himself with strictly now its coming back. They've obviously got nothing but the tour in the pipeline as everything is starting to get produced again for tv but they don't seem to be doing anything. The only thing they've been linked to is I'm a celeb and the people who go on that are looking to kick start a failing career. They're badly managing their career and I can imagine no one wanting them

Reactions: 9
OMG his head is still firmly wedged up his arse from reading that interview.

He definitely thinks he's bigger than the show; as much as the Pro's get great opportunities from it, get popularity and fame they all know that they can be dispensable as there's so many ballroom/latin dancers out there who would bite an arm off to get on strictly and no one is bigger than the show itself.

I hope he watches tonight (which he might not in spite) and see what he's missed out on. Obviously I wish covid never happened at all but at least Miss Rona has put AJ & Curtis in their place.

I think that's why his name is already rumoured to be one of the campmates on I'm a celeb; I dont think its ITV themselves leaking that information out there but AJ's management just so they keep his name around now that strictly's back.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if he was bitter because he never won the show? Even then, I wouldn’t get it, 4 years isn’t that much time and not every pro will win, they know that when they sign up. If all of the current pros were to get a win, that would take 13 more series to achieve.

Reactions: 2
AJ has the charisma of a teaspoon, so I can't see him having much of a glittering media career beyond panelist on a second rate ITV2 quiz show.

But if he does want to achieve anything, him and curtis should really consider switching to another agent - their current strategy of slagging off Strictly whenever they get the chance may give them the odd bit of press but doesn't exactly put them in the best light

He was going on a couple of weeks ago about how he would have loved to have been in the first same sex Strictly partnership and said that not all the male pros were for it...

Firstly, I'm pretty sure every single pro has said they would love to do it. And secondly, he's clearly not bright enough to think of a different press tactic as he hadn't thought to change it since it's been announced that the first same sex partnership is going to be a female one...

Reactions: 13
Possibly because its been in every bleeping promo so far

I have to admit I've not been this excited about a new series in years and not just because we'll get less Bruno
To be fair I think all the promo was filmed in the one day so obviously it would appear more than once 🤣 I’m looking forward to seeing Maisie but there’s no way she will win

The whole AJ thing is baffling to me. I think his attitude towards the show now that he has left is not great and says a lot about him, even the last few weeks posting Instagram stories of him watching BGT instead of the strictly specials. The majority if not all of the pros who have left strictly still speak highly of it even to this day so I’m convinced something went down. Wish him all the best of course but he has absolutely no chance of making it in TV land.

Reactions: 7
To be fair I think all the promo was filmed in the one day so obviously it would appear more than once 🤣 I’m looking forward to seeing Maisie but there’s no way she will win

The whole AJ thing is baffling to me. I think his attitude towards the show now that he has left is not great and says a lot about him, even the last few weeks posting Instagram stories of him watching BGT instead of the strictly specials. The majority if not all of the pros who have left strictly still speak highly of it even to this day so I’m convinced something went down. Wish him all the best of course but he has absolutely no chance of making it in TV land.
AJ got onto to Strictly much easier then most of the pros. He was on BGT when he was like 18/19 with Chloe & Strictly hired them both that year. AJ goes on about how he won tons of competitions, but he never competed at adult level & hadn't done dancing in shows before Strictly. All the other pros worked for years as either competition dancers at both amateur & pro level dancing as adult and/or spent years with Burn the Floor perfecting their performing skills. Because of this he has huge ego & expects things to just be handed to him.

AJ, also thinks he is far more popular, then he actually is, he couldn't even sell many tickets to his show until he got Curtis on board & tickets only sold cause Curtis still had Love Island relevancy, which since him and Maura broke up, Curtis has become less relevant & once there is a new season of Love Island he will be completely forgotten about.

Leaving Strictly was a huge mistake, as AJ doesn't have the personality of the other pros, he is just so fake & bland & the public will get bored of him & Curtis fairly quickly. Having said that I'm glad he's gone, as I never liked him as a pro & thought he made the dances more about him then the celeb & I felt AJ always thought he was the star not the celeb.

Reactions: 9
Bill & Oti
JJ & Amy
Jamie & Dianne
Jason & Luba
Max & Karen
HRVY & Janette

Caroline & Aljaz
Maisie & Gorka
Jacqui & Anton
Ranvir & Giovanni
Clara & Johannes
Nicola & Katya

Final predictions for tonight. There are some that I’m certain on but some not so much, think this is the first time I have ever watched strictly without knowing who’s partnered with who

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.