Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm afraid I'm one of those people who like the 'journey' contestants 🙈 I liked Joe and Stacey in 2018, and if it wasn't for Chris bringing some much needed personality to the line up last year I think I would have given up on the series.
As brilliant a dancer as she was, I don't think Ashley Roberts should have been on the show, she was too good from the start. And that's not her fault at all, it was the producers who should have set a limit on previous dance experience. On the other hand, they went too far the other way last year, and none of the female celebs were very good. So I think the trained dancers have their place on the show, and often provide the good dances in the early weeks, but it depends on how much experience they have, and I often don't want them to win 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Having the ringers is great for a pro to have a breakthrough series (Gorka, Giovanni, AJ, Oti etc) and establish themselves as favourites with the public or a resurgence (Pasha, Aliona). I think Ashley was a step too far but I can't lie that I enjoyed watching her. As long as they get a pro who can effectively harness their talent (poor Karim & Aston), it's a treat to watch them.

Reactions: 2
I actually really liked Karim last year 🙈🙈
I liked Karim, just didn't like his partner or her choreography for him. He is a very talented dancer but it was all frenetic. If he'd been with any other pro, I'd have probably voted for him as I preferred him to Kelvin (who was really only a vehicle for Oti to get a trophy).

Reactions: 1
I liked Karim, just didn't like his partner or her choreography for him. He is a very talented dancer but it was all frenetic. If he'd been with any other pro, I'd have probably voted for him as I preferred him to Kelvin (who was really only a vehicle for Oti to get a trophy).
Totally agree about Kelvin being a vehicle for Oti to get a trophy. Came as no surprise Jamie suddenly became injured, he wore that boot for about a day!

So Hrvy has coronavirus

He has to isolate till next thursday so as long as he recovers he can still stay in the show.

If he does not recover he will not be replaced by another celeb.

He's 21 and I doubt the BBC would have booked him if he fell into any other sort of vulnerable category so I reckon that he'll be fine as long as he does his isolation. Might mean that he needs to meet his partner via Zoom though.

Bit of perspective ultimately needed - better that someone (and one of the least at risk in the cast) tests positive a few weeks pre-series than anything happening during the middle of the series or to someone at more risk.

It's a wait and see because in his case his symptoms could get worse and he could have infected other contestants and crew.

On the positive side because he is young and because the news just broke today that he tested positive and he more than likely got the news on Monday which means there's enough time for him to isolate.

Too bad for the female pro that was due to get him in case he has to pull out.

It's a wait and see because in his case his symptoms could get worse and he could have infected other contestants and crew.
That's the bit that would be worrying as it would put the show in jeopardy. If it's just him, then I wouldn't panic though in terms of timing, it was a close call.

That's the bit that would be worrying as it would put the show in jeopardy. If it's just him, then I wouldn't panic though in terms of timing, it was a close call.
I think he has just about enough time to get over it, however if he returns another positive test next Thursday then I presume he would be out of the show.

I hope he recovers in time, I was looking forward to HRVY being on the show. I think he could be quite good.

Reactions: 5
I've forgotten half the people who were announced already there is nobody this year who I'm particularly looking forward to seeing. Do we know how the launch/partner up show will work this year?

I've forgotten half the people who were announced already there is nobody this year who I'm particularly looking forward to seeing. Do we know how the launch/partner up show will work this year?
They are pre filming the pairings with VT's which will probably shown on the first show, some may happen over a zoom some will happen where the pro goes to meet the contestant dancing with the stars style.

Strictly best of Musicals is on tonight!

Seems from what I've read on Digital Spy that Kai Widdrington & Pasquale LaRocca have been hired to replace AJ & Kevin as both were involved in the group numbers. I'm guessing that we'll see them next series as main pros.

At least they've looked into some successful pros on foreign versions of the show. Hopefully they can do the same when we inevitably lose the likes of Janette in the next year or two.

Seems from what I've read on Digital Spy that Kai Widdrington & Pasquale LaRocca have been hired to replace AJ & Kevin as both were involved in the group numbers. I'm guessing that we'll see them next series as main pros.

At least they've looked into some successful pros on foreign versions of the show. Hopefully they can do the same when we inevitably lose the likes of Janette in the next year or two.
Very happy to see Pasquale finally join strictly properly after winning not one but two international versions and being a backing dancer in 2018(joes quickstep). Would love to see him work with a celeb next year. Not as familiar with Kai but he’s worked on some of the pros tours so will also fit in nicely.

Caroline's introduction video is up:

Very happy to see Pasquale finally join strictly properly after winning not one but two international versions and being a backing dancer in 2018(joes quickstep). Would love to see him work with a celeb next year. Not as familiar with Kai but he’s worked on some of the pros tours so will also fit in nicely.
I have mixed feelings about Pasquale, I'd read on Digital Spy that he'd posted some fairly unfavourable things on Instagram in the past plus I do feel that whilst winning twice is impressive, he's incredibly lucky to have had good partners on both his versions. I'm excited for Kai as he's been tried and tested on the Irish show - none of his 4 celebs have had dance experience to my knowledge but all have made it to at least 8th place (one was really crap and had no fanbase so her making it that far was a miracle).

EDIT - Just noticed that both Pasquale & Kai are tall. Interesting decision to have them as AJ and Kevin's replacements (both short). I wonder if this spells trouble for one of the other tall guys. Not so sure that Aljaž brings much to the table these days and then there's Graziano who didn't do well with Vick and is now on the bench for the 2nd time.

Last edited:
Pasquale put up this instagram post confirming he is in the group dances but not as an actual pro on the show. Every year they always usually hire a some professional dancers to bulk up the pro numbers and to be background dancers in a celeb and pros dance.

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 00.31.59.png

No sight of Kai yet.

I think it was confirmed somewhere that no new dancers were hired as pros this year due to it being a shorter series but I can see Kai definley being a shoe in as a new pro next year as he is British and they lost 2 british boys in Kevin and AJ.

I think Pasquale posted a video close up of a women’s bottom and then him and his friend took the piss. He later deleted it saying the friend took it and posted it! I’m not keen on him, can’t quite put my finger on it but he just seems a bit off.

I think Pasquale posted a video close up of a women’s bottom and then him and his friend took the piss. He later deleted it saying the friend took it and posted it! I’m not keen on him, can’t quite put my finger on it but he just seems a bit off.
Sounds a bit sleazy. First Neil and now him, it's becoming like DWTS in America with problematic social media behaviour (some of their pros post some really bad stuff on SM).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.