Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Dear Tattlers,
As a new year dawns and we look forward to the future, I have but one small request. Can we please make a solemn pact that we will never again post any pictures of Sam “lard-arse” Smith flaunting that deeply unattractive dad bod, thereby depriving him of the attention he so desperately seeks?
Thanks in advance
Kind Regards
Carol F Baskin

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
31306AEA-7C83-4D5A-AFCC-9C9D9799C2C5.jpeg

What in the name of holy fuckery is this? She looks like a troll from an Icelandic saga that has turned up to drink the blood of the young…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 99

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Brendan O'Caroll was meant to attend an afternoon do as a guest on honour at a small hospital. A member of staff was leaving because she had terminal cancer and was a massive fan of Mrs Browns Boys. The hospital had contacted Brendan and he agreed to show up for 5 mins, have photos taken, say hi, etc, the usual stuff. They put together all this food and blew up balloons and even made masks of the characters to wear. The lady was so excited but very desperately ill, she shouldn’t really have been there but she was a massive fan.
And Brendan never showed up. The people at the party kept trying to call him but it rang and never answered. Later it just went to voice mail like he’d blocked them. And they never heard back from him, his manager, anyone else. It was appalling behaviour.
The woman sadly died a few weeks later.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 97

Eureka

VIP Member
I quite like Greta. She's a better role model for youth than some vapid Love Island wannabe. People have an issue with young people, young women moreso, having a voice. A lot of the criticism of her is quite paternalistic and I don't think we would see that if she was a bloke.

• Heart
Reactions: 95

RJF

VIP Member
I wonder how much came in that way. What an odd thing to do,
Probably a small fortune.

And you just know there was some imbecile who put in a £20 B&M gift card, just in case Charles wanted to numb the pain with a few share packs of Maoam chewy sweets.

• Haha
Reactions: 90

Zebraaah

VIP Member
The same people who watch ' Mrs Brown's Boys' or frequent the Women's Institute 😂
Don't lump the WI in with that lot! They've been amazingly radical (in the past, tbh). They talked about hiv and aids before anything other than gay-specific organisations did. They've talked loads about domestic violence and marital rape when no one else would say the words.

• Heart
Reactions: 87

RJF

VIP Member
I genuinely can’t believe that there are ordinary working-class people who sent cold hard cash through the post to one on the richest families in the world.

Did they all think that they were hard-up for the funeral expenses? Or that the death of the 96-year-old came as an unexpected shock for which they hadn’t financially planned?

Idiots who walk among us.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 87

Falkor

VIP Member
Facebook is reminding me it's six years since Carrie Fisher died. One of my favourite stories of hers:

1672150333878.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85

L3moning

VIP Member
I actually think that haircut suits Kelly quite well.

And I think it's important that people get to come out however they want, regardless of who they are or how obvious it's been to everyone for 30 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
Ok celebrities are not dying of AIDS secretly, that is such nonsense. HIV treatment is brilliant these days. People in countries with good access to treatment are able to keep the virus so under control that it becomes undetectable and they can’t even transmit HIV to other people. Effective treatment is one of the major platforms for stopping transmission of HIV completely.

Speculation that people are secretly dying of AIDS just fuels misunderstandings and stigma around HIV.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I find it disturbing that so many grown adult and often well into middle aged men, are so easily triggered by a mouthy teenage girl. But I suppose it must be hard to accept that the world is changing and people aren’t prepared to put up with the patriarchy and entitlement of white, straight men anymore when it’s been that way forever. Either way it shows an ugly side to their character. The misogyny seeps out.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70

Serene Serena

VIP Member
As the year draws to a close, what was everyone’s most bizarre celebrity story of 2022?

Mine was Kelly Holmes coming out of the LGBT+ closet.

Now I normally hate when people criticise celebs for coming out by saying “nO oNe CaReS!!!1!1!1!!” because it is important to have visible queer role models in all aspects of life, especially when suicide rates amongst LGBT+ youth are how they are.

However, ‘Kelly Holmes’ is not a name that has escaped anyone’s lips in about 15 years so why her sexuality was greeted with such a huge fan fair is a mystery to me. She had a whole documentary about her sexuality when she hadn’t previously been on our screens in god-knows-when. At least ITV didn’t treat it like a funeral, which was very much the (weird) tone when Schofield came out.

It was the sort of reaction you’d expect in 2007, not 2022.

To make matters worse, she got a dreadful lesbian haircut to go with the announcement and has sported it ever since.

View attachment 1829216
Lesbian haircut???? Is that another term for short hair? She looks lovely and I think her coming out will have given others the courage to do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

House of Tea

VIP Member
Also, Greta refuses to conform, and doesn't give a shit about other people's opinions of her.
People find that unthinkable.
A lot of men find her unbearable. She doesn’t know her place you see. There’s a certain type of men in the public eye whose misogyny is so close to the surface, it doesn’t take much for it to come out. They are the centre of the world in their eyes, and some females that have an opinion rattle their sense of place. Greta is a young girl who could articulate and galvanise action from an early age. Meghan is another one who is fiercely articulate and doesn’t know her place, in their eyes. I am not a fan of Greta particularly but as someone else said, better her as a role model than some vacuous Towie person. I am not a fan of Meghan either, but like the fact that Morgan and Clarkson couldn’t help reveal their utter rankness as human beings, despite it backfiring on them, as a response to her. I don’t believe much of what Meghan says but there is truth when she said the media ganged up on her. The media being a certain type of bloke. The fact that Clarkson was allowed to say those revolting things recently demonstrated that. Richard Littlejohn is another misogynistic man. Eamonn Holmes has had his moments too. Called Meghan uppity. Uppity is a word often used when a white person thinks a black person steps out of their lane.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69