Secret Celebrity Gossip #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally I don't think David Harbour and Lily Allen look odd together, there's only 10 years between them which isn't a lot

What do people have against Greta Thunberg? I understand the Daily Mail mob defending Andrew Tate because they have the collective IQ of a Sprout. Personally I just see her as raising awareness over an important subject

Reactions: 59
She’s fairly easy to ignore though. Most teenagers are annoying in my experience, I know I was 😂
exactly! all teenagers are annoying 🤣 it’s just that not all teenagers are (a) trying to raise awareness of an issue that people apparently get really sensitive about and (b) receiving a ridiculous amount of hassle from adults who should know better. however annoying she is or isn’t, the girl gets actual threats on her life and people actively hoping she would drown. it’s madness.

edit: i see andrew tate and his followers have already turned sexual about her too which is unsurprising but 🤢

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Personally I don't think David Harbour and Lily Allen look odd together, there's only 10 years between them which isn't a lot

What do people have against Greta Thunberg? I understand the Daily Mail mob defending Andrew Tate because they have the collective IQ of a Sprout. Personally I just see her as raising awareness over an important subject
She’s an outspoken young female who speaks out to raise awareness about an issue that is seen as ‘lefty’ or progressive and they don’t like that. These hardline right wingers either don’t believe climate change exists or they don’t care because they are selfish and don’t want to change their ways and/or they’ll be dead before it has any real impact on them anyway.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I think with Greta there is an element of Emperors New Clothes with her, and she has inspired a whole generation of 'activists' who also shout a lot but do little about various subjects.

Awareness is great, to a point. But the treatment of her by some who act like she is the saviour of human kind just seems hollow

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I quite like Greta. She's a better role model for youth than some vapid Love Island wannabe. People have an issue with young people, young women moreso, having a voice. A lot of the criticism of her is quite paternalistic and I don't think we would see that if she was a bloke.

• Heart
Reactions: 95
Also, Greta refuses to conform, and doesn't give a tit about other people's opinions of her.
People find that unthinkable.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I was in the audience of Top Gear when Mark Wahlberg was the star in a reasonably priced car. He kept us waiting ages for his interview on the sofa!!! Clarkson was getting more and more annoyed waiting but was brilliant with us in the audience doing an ask me anything Q&A.

Reactions: 15
I've only read about Lily praising Harry, that is the first I've heard about that. I'm shocked if its true 🙄.
It's definitely not true. Either the girls she went to school with (she rarely stayed in a school long enough to make friends) made it up to be cruel, or wires got muddled over the years.

One terrible thing that happened to her was that, in her words, she lost her virginity at 14 to her dad's friend (in my words, she was raped) which would obviously cause serious issues in anyone.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I heard Greta on Greg James show a while ago and she does have a great sense of humour.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Also, Greta refuses to conform, and doesn't give a tit about other people's opinions of her.
People find that unthinkable.
A lot of men find her unbearable. She doesn’t know her place you see. There’s a certain type of men in the public eye whose misogyny is so close to the surface, it doesn’t take much for it to come out. They are the centre of the world in their eyes, and some females that have an opinion rattle their sense of place. Greta is a young girl who could articulate and galvanise action from an early age. Meghan is another one who is fiercely articulate and doesn’t know her place, in their eyes. I am not a fan of Greta particularly but as someone else said, better her as a role model than some vacuous Towie person. I am not a fan of Meghan either, but like the fact that Morgan and Clarkson couldn’t help reveal their utter rankness as human beings, despite it backfiring on them, as a response to her. I don’t believe much of what Meghan says but there is truth when she said the media ganged up on her. The media being a certain type of bloke. The fact that Clarkson was allowed to say those revolting things recently demonstrated that. Richard Littlejohn is another misogynistic man. Eamonn Holmes has had his moments too. Called Meghan uppity. Uppity is a word often used when a white person thinks a black person steps out of their lane.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
I think Ruth is still with him but he doesn’t thank her. Can’t help thinking that his health issues started from him being obese. He should have done something about that years ago.

This is exactly my Dads situation now, he's 78 and is pretty much immobile and has had every opportunity to try and loose weight before and just didn't. I'm trying to learn from his situation and getting myself healthier.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
But as his daughter is a part of him, it would be ok.
Men like this think only particular 'types' of women are targeted, and certainly not women who are part of them. They don't realise its actually particular 'types' of men who do the targeting.

Reactions: 17
I just wish people who were actually doing something about climate change/living sustainably were more well known, and had bigger platform. Like those you see at the Earthshot prize or in the Zac Efron series on Netflix.

Those are the people I find more admirable tbh.

We all know the problem, and those that don't believe it won't be anymore convinced by more shouting.

Reactions: 13
I can't stand Greta.

I don't wish her any ill or anything but she is immensely annoying. Go away!!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Just read awful rumours that Zac Efron is very unwell on the predictions thread. Apparently some head who works in an LA hospital leaked screenshots with information but I can't find that online. Don't particularly want to either. And very sad if true.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Just read awful rumours that Zac Efron is very unwell on the predictions thread. Apparently some head who works in an LA hospital leaked screenshots with information but I can't find that online. Don't particularly want to either. And very sad if true.
I struggle to believe that because he is in incredible shape at the moment, and is currently filming a movie where he is playing a wrestler and doing a lot of physical activity/stunts. If he had something seriously wrong and was undergoing treatment I doubt he would commit to such a physically demanding role, or be able to keep up with it.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.