Secret Celebrity Gossip #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re David Harbour. I think people have a massive crush on his character, Hopper and hold him up to tjose standards which is only natural.

No one is perfect.
Strung his ex along for years, she wanted kids and he said he never wanted any, now he's married to a woman with two kids and is very much involved as a dad to them. You could say he's bad for doing that to his ex but a comendable man for developing such a great relationship with Lily Allen's kids.

Also, I've heard he was not the kind of person you'd want to be around when he was an addict.

I think him and Lily Allen are perfect for each other after meeting him once. They are both fame hungry, they are both recovering substance addicts who are big into """healthy living""" o_O and they both crave stability and have beem working on being less codependent. He's a bit sleazy but he also has sort of cosy and reliable Tom Selleck in friends energy which is probably what Lily, who has big daddy issues, obviously, saw in him.

[ I know/knew Lily Allen and have mutual acquaintances ]
He had undiagnosed Bipolar for many years, hence his alcoholism..
I definitely think there is a mutual co-dependancy in their relationship.

Reactions: 9
Honestly I don’t think it would hurt this bad if they didn’t have the attention seeking asshole personality to boot. It would be easier to say “ah good on them” if they were pleasant natured .

Reactions: 23
The same people who watch ' Mrs Brown's Boys' or frequent the Women's Institute 😂
Don't lump the WI in with that lot! They've been amazingly radical (in the past, tbh). They talked about hiv and aids before anything other than gay-specific organisations did. They've talked loads about domestic violence and marital rape when no one else would say the words.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
Don't lump the WI in with that lot! They've been amazingly radical (in the past, tbh). They talked about hiv and aids before anything other than gay-specific organisations did. They've talked loads about domestic violence and marital rape when no one else would say the words.
Yeah I agree, they do a lot of talking over cups of tea and biscuits ... and knitting... and making jaunty hats for snails/ wine bottles..
Sorry, jokes aside I apologise for being dismissive and outdated 😔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I think Secret Celeb Gossip new year resolutions are a great idea.

Here’s one from me:

Never google an activity a celebrity has allegedly been engaging in, on your work laptop.
For example dirty snowball fight.
Tattler New Years Resolutions: no more talk of Kelly’s Growler or Lloyd’s Pringles.

In return, I can happily live with all the name confusion - the Toms, the Chrises.

Those are my terms. I’ll get Cliff to come round with the paperwork in the morning 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
My line of work involves background interviews on people's interests and habits including TV watched. Sadly, MBB is surprisingly popular amongst a wide demographic. The beeb suits will have the audience breakdown and knowing most of the other tit that passes for light entertainment these days, we shouldn't be surprised. Quite depressing when you think about it ☹
My lovely Nanna (RIP) used to love this!! Would be laughing out loud the whole time, I never got it, but loved seeing her so happy watching it. I think it’s so strange and there must be some secrets to come out about him!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My lovely Nanna (RIP) used to love this!! Would be laughing out loud the whole time, I never got it, but loved seeing her so happy watching it. I think it’s so strange and there must be some secrets to come out about him!
I will confess I like MBB. I’ve been a fan since it was a radio soap in the 90’s and yes it’s not for everyone but it reminds me of growing up on the Northside of Dublin in a working class area where all those characters really did exist. It’s a bit niche alright but it’s a love letter to his mother and the women he grew up around. Brendan lives not far from me and although I don’t know him he’s well known for charitable endeavours and everyone locally speaks very highly of him.

Reactions: 22
Why are the entire cast of Mrs Brown Boys related to Brendon O’Conner? Is it because no one else will work with him?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Why are the entire cast of Mrs Brown Boys related to Brendon O’Conner? Is it because no one else will work with him?
There was a scandal a few years back where the few people on the show who were not relatred to him were fired. It was very strange!

Edited...found the story to refresh my memory and it was reported they "quit" over pay dispute but still...O'Caroll seems untouchable at the BBC!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Reactions: 2
Tattler New Years Resolutions: no more talk of Kelly’s Growler or Lloyd’s Pringles.

In return, I can happily live with all the name confusion - the Toms, the Chrises.

Those are my terms. I’ll get Cliff to come round with the paperwork in the morning 😂

Oh my God, is that petrol he's waving the candle at?!!!! 😱 He'll destroy us all!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I was reading a crime novel and in it the coroner buys her dad a Cliff Richard calendar for Christmas, I think it's a clue!!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Re David Harbour. I think people have a massive crush on his character, Hopper and hold him up to tjose standards which is only natural.
There is soooooo much parasociality in the Stranger Things community, it's unsettling even by fandom standards. On top of that, David is a very likable actor and often takes roles of the "well-meaning dad" variety, so it makes sense that his fans project such wholesomeness onto him.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.