Secret Celebrity Gossip #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t blame the departure. Who needs that when trying to get a glass of wine.
I think I'd be a complete shut in and rely on room service for booze and food if I were remotely famous. Unless you're the Amanda Holden type, who thrive on recognition, it must be so bleeping annoying.

Reactions: 31
I think I'd be a complete shut in and rely on room service for booze and food if I were remotely famous. Unless you're the Amanda Holden type, who thrive on recognition, it must be so bleeping annoying.
I couldn't think of anything worse than being famous

Reactions: 39
As much as I think being bothered is not on, Sam is more on the Holden spectrum than the Howard Hughes.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Tom Hardy is in my area at the moment, his wife is local. He seems to have been constantly harassed for selfies everywhere he goes. It can’t be fun.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
There’s a programme on at the moment about Anthony Hopkins. He is utterly mesmerising when he speaks. So different from the popular actors around now. I know he isn’t dead, just not as visible.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Am I the only one when seeing pictures of that Sam Smith geezer....

vibes of a low rent Dafydd... from Llandewi Brefi with tit fashion sense compared to Dafydd

• Haha
Reactions: 69
There’s a programme on at the moment about Anthony Hopkins. He is utterly mesmerising when he speaks. So different from the popular actors around now. I know he isn’t dead, just not as visible.
He's a fascinating man. Estranged from his daughter, diagnosed as autistic just a couple of years ago. The Silence of the Lambs is one of my favourite films and like you say, he's mesmerising.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
He's a fascinating man. Estranged from his daughter, diagnosed as autistic just a couple of years ago. The Silence of the Lambs is one of my favourite films and like you say, he's mesmerising.
Why is he estranged from his daughter?

Reactions: 1
It’s sad but they are in a better financial situation than most people who suffer from either one or both of their conditions… Fibro isn’t easy to live with I only got diagnosed last year (I’ve other conditions too which make it worse) I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.
Up til 3 years ago I was completely paralysed with fibro pain. Couldn’t hoover, couldn’t unload the dishwasher, spent all my time laid up, was in constant agony and on the maximum dose of cocodamol.

During the first lockdown someone suggested to me I try the Curable app and it cured me within a few months!!! It’s a programme of learning about how and why your body produces pain, meditations, writing exercises and brain training.

I’m in zero pain now and do kickboxing every day!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
I've a friend that gets recognised, I won't use the word celeb as neither of us would use it to describe them. One day we had coffee, and the girl at Costa kept staring, she'd served us so could have checked their bank card to confirm if was or wasn't who she thought it was. Came over with a toastie that wasn't ours just to stare more. My friend put their hoodie hood up for a bit as got so fed up of it. On being recognised, they have said previously, if people ask and are polite then happy to take selfies and chat, but just gawping or being annoying to forcing a photo it irritates them. We were close to leaving due to this member of staff as kept at it for a good thirty minutes until we told her politely with the toastie we'd be up to the counter if needed anything.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Up til 3 years ago I was completely paralysed with fibro pain. Couldn’t hoover, couldn’t unload the dishwasher, spent all my time laid up, was in constant agony and on the maximum dose of cocodamol.

During the first lockdown someone suggested to me I try the Curable app and it cured me within a few months!!! It’s a programme of learning about how and why your body produces pain, meditations, writing exercises and brain training.

I’m in zero pain now and do kickboxing every day!
That is amazing!!

Reactions: 9
I've a friend that gets recognised, I won't use the word celeb as neither of us would use it to describe them. One day we had coffee, and the girl at Costa kept staring, she'd served us so could have checked their bank card to confirm if was or wasn't who she thought it was. Came over with a toastie that wasn't ours just to stare more. My friend put their hoodie hood up for a bit as got so fed up of it. On being recognised, they have said previously, if people ask and are polite then happy to take selfies and chat, but just gawping or being annoying to forcing a photo it irritates them. We were close to leaving due to this member of staff as kept at it for a good thirty minutes until we told her politely with the toastie we'd be up to the counter if needed anything.
people lose all sense of decency or seem to forget the celebrity is a person! it’s mad. then it trips into a whole other level (like with the zac efron rumours right now).

i’ve probably told this story before but i had a uni friend who worked in a very fancy tea room type place in london. ewan mcgregor came in with his then very young daughters to have afternoon tea, was apparently very nice, charming with the waitresses etc however the two women on the table next to him did not leave him alone the whole time. even though he was obviously with his children trying to have a nice day. eventually he and children got moved to another quieter table and the two women then complained about how rude he’d been!

i always think of the other side of some of those “who is the rudest celebrity you’ve met” stories on reddit where the story is sometimes “i accosted them in a public place when they were going about their business and spoke to them like we’re best friends and they were a bit short with me”. i would never ever ever want to be famous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.