Secret Celebrity Gossip #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know The Traitors has proved to be a popular program, but reading one of the contestants has quit their job to get into TV and educating people on dwarfism (she apparently did a documentary for Channel 4 before being on the show). I feel she's been ill advised, and be back home in a few months or desperate to be on any other reality tv show that will have her. I don't know why anyone in 2022/23 would be so quick to jump knowing how fickle fame is, especially for ex-reality tv contestants.
I guess if she can make some quick money now which is more than she was earning anyway it is worth it. Obviously she won a big chunk of money as well that she can live off for a bit. If it doesn’t work out she can always go back to what she was doing before. Might as well have a go and see what happens

Reactions: 10
I think when competition and reality shows finish the PR and representatives/agents spy potential earnings and swoop in to tell them all the wonderful things they can do and how much they can earn. They try it for a bit, the PR and managers realise its not working, drop them and move on to the next.

Reactions: 14
As the year draws to a close, what was everyone’s most bizarre celebrity story of 2022?

Mine was Kelly Holmes coming out of the LGBT+ closet.

Now I normally hate when people criticise celebs for coming out by saying “nO oNe CaReS!!!1!1!1!!” because it is important to have visible queer role models in all aspects of life, especially when suicide rates amongst LGBT+ youth are how they are.

However, ‘Kelly Holmes’ is not a name that has escaped anyone’s lips in about 15 years so why her sexuality was greeted with such a huge fan fair is a mystery to me. She had a whole documentary about her sexuality when she hadn’t previously been on our screens in god-knows-when. At least ITV didn’t treat it like a funeral, which was very much the (weird) tone when Schofield came out.

It was the sort of reaction you’d expect in 2007, not 2022.

To make matters worse, she got a dreadful lesbian haircut to go with the announcement and has sported it ever since.

0_JBP_DXX_150622SMDAMEKELLYEXCLUSIVE26JPG.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I actually think that haircut suits Kelly quite well.

And I think it's important that people get to come out however they want, regardless of who they are or how obvious it's been to everyone for 30 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
I know The Traitors has proved to be a popular program, but reading one of the contestants has quit their job to get into TV and educating people on dwarfism (she apparently did a documentary for Channel 4 before being on the show). I feel she's been ill advised, and be back home in a few months or desperate to be on any other reality tv show that will have her. I don't know why anyone in 2022/23 would be so quick to jump knowing how fickle fame is, especially for ex-reality tv contestants.
She was working in a call centre, she can easily go back to that if she needs to, it’s not like she’s jacked in some high powered job

Reactions: 22
She was working in a call centre, she can easily go back to that if she needs to, it’s not like she’s jacked in some high powered job
No, but shows that many do these shows to be TV stars beyond the original show. As much as people have praised it for having ordinary people, it's just a shame they feel they need to use it be the next big thing. I've a friend that works as a psychologist in the entertainment industry, and these shows play on the fact the participants want fame at any cost.

Reactions: 3
And I think it's important that people get to come out however they want, regardless of who they are or how obvious it's been to everyone for 30 years.
I get that but we’re also never going to move on if every person in the public eye announces their coming out with exclusive interviews and tell-all documentaries.

It makes it seem like something salacious or sensational is happening when it really isn’t in the year 2022.

Reactions: 9
I actually think that haircut suits Kelly quite well.

agree! she looks great tbh.

i think, again, it’s a situation where celebs can’t win. if they don’t come out (like that weird clare balding post yesterday) then they’re made fun of because why not just say it, we all already know, hiding who they are etc. if they do then it’s we already knew that why make such a big deal of it.

people should be able to come out however they want (even if what they want is a documentary and photoshoot in ok). i would HOPE that in a few years time it won’t be such a big deal but that’s the way of the celeb gossip world atm sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I read that she has already been on TV prior to appearing on Traitors. I swear I recognised most of them - I feel that I have seen almost all of them on TV before. I stopped watching it as became convinced that it was acted out - at least to a large degree. I felt like I was watching TOWIE or something.
The tears, arguments and general conversations looked acted. When people argue they often say something daft and make a fool of themselves with sulks and apologies the next day. People talk over each other too when rowing and we all recognise genuine upset / tears when we see it.
It all looked very controlled / polished.

Reactions: 6
As the year draws to a close, what was everyone’s most bizarre celebrity story of 2022?

Now I normally hate when people criticise celebs for coming out by saying “nO oNe CaReS!!!1!1!1!!” because it is important to have visible queer role models in all aspects of life, especially when suicide rates amongst LGBT+ youth are how they are.

However, ‘Kelly Holmes’ is not a name that has escaped anyone’s lips in about 15 years so why her sexuality was greeted with such a huge fan fair is a mystery to me. She had a whole documentary about her sexuality when she hadn’t previously been on our screens in god-knows-when. At least ITV didn’t treat it like a funeral, which was very much the (weird) tone when Schofield came out.

To make matters worse, she got a dreadful lesbian haircut to go with the announcement and has sported it ever since.

View attachment 1829216
Lesbian haircut???? Is that another term for short hair? She looks lovely and I think her coming out will have given others the courage to do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

View attachment 1829216
Tbh I already thought she was “out” and she had been for years so I was surprised when it was announced because we already knew.

Reactions: 35
Tbh I already thought she was “out” and she had been for years so I was surprised when it was announced because we already knew.
I was exactly the same! The only thing bizarre about her coming out to me was that I thought she came out years ago. My hubby told me about Kelly and my initial reaction was 'that's not news, she came out years ago' ... turns out I was wrong :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 16
Yes. That’s literally what it’s called within the LGBT+ community!
View attachment 1829438
then isn’t it a good thing that KH feels comfortable and part of the community to have her hair like that? as you would know from your usage of the term, feeling open enough to express your sexuality openly and outwardly is big. many gay/bi women have talked about how freeing it was to cut their hair in this way.

(tbh i have rarely heard an actual member of the lgbt community call it a “lesbian haircut”. a “butch cut” maybe, but never an overreaching “lesbian” one. it only refers to the look of one particular subgroup)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
While people might not think it’s a big deal to come out if you’re a public figure, if people are still being killed for being gay it’s very much necessary. As an LGBT person, I love seeing LGBT representation and will always support unless their other views are problematic - look at Heartbreaker and the chokehold it had and still does. We need representation like that and more power to Kelly Holmes for coming out.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I think its still a big deal for women to come out, lesbians - especially older lesbians - aren't as visible as gay men. We've had a lot of younger women come out as bi in the last few years but to me there is almost a sense that its a form of lesbianism that appeals to straight men. I felt really proud of Dame Kelly when she came out.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
The amount of nepo babies in acting just shows that the bar to entry on that profession is extremely low. There must be thousands and thousands of people out there who could do a decent job in a film or tv show with a little bit of training.

Compare this with how many top level sports people have parents who competed at a similar level. Very, very few. Because that’s an area that demands really exceptional ability to make it to the top. A little bung or a good word from Daddy won’t make a lot of difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I think its still a big deal for women to come out, lesbians - especially older lesbians - aren't as visible as gay men. We've had a lot of younger women come out as bi in the last few years but to me there is almost a sense that its a form of lesbianism that appeals to straight men. I felt really proud of Dame Kelly when she came out.
Me too. My older sister is gay and had to endure comments along the lines of ‘you haven’t met the right man yet’ for years, before people in certain circles accepted she was a lesbian.

• Sad
  • Wow
There is currently a rumour swirling around on the Eamon Holmes thread that he and Ruth have split up. Does anyone have any tea?

• Wow
The amount of nepo babies in acting just shows that the bar to entry on that profession is extremely low. There must be thousands and thousands of people out there who could do a decent job in a film or tv show with a little bit of training.

Compare this with how many top level sports people have parents who competed at a similar level. Very, very few. Because that’s an area that demands really exceptional ability to make it to the top. A little bung or a good word from Daddy won’t make a lot of difference.
i agree with your overall point but i don’t know if it’s necessarily “very very few”. the top scorer in the premier league right now is the son of a professional footballer. the usa’s first goal scorer in the world cup this year is the son of the (awarded by journalists) greatest footballer who never played in a world cup. formula 1 has had (and still has a few!) drivers of millionaire and billionaire fathers who have absolutely thrown a bung to a team along the way, lance stroll’s dad went on step further and bought the team.

it is, i agree, a profession where you’re much more likely to be caught out, and quickly at that, and only a few actually match or reach their parents’ achievements but there are more than you would think.

the interesting flip side with sport is that you get children who outperform their parents or parents trying to live their failed dreams through their children in often toxic ways. see: max verstappen.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.