Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Our family definitely thought that my mother had a blessed release. She always said that if she felt that she was losing her mind to dementia that she would take an overdose as she couldn't bear to be like the dementia patients in the local hospital when she did WRVS. She also told me that she was going to build up a stash of tablets but we never found it. The first stroke came too quickly. By the time she'd had several, she was just a shell. I lost my mother nine years before she died. My father would beg her to let go and die; he exclaimed to the nursing home that it would be considered cruelty to let a dog live like she did.
OFF TOPIC

I’m so sorry you went through that.
We are going through it now. My mother seems to have declined rapidly this month.
I don’t wish her dead but I know it would be a blessed release too.
With dementia there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
There is no cure.

We all think if we had dementia we’d “end it” ourselves but most people with dementia don’t realise they have it so it would not be an option.
It’s a cruel, undignified, soul destroying disease.
I know what awaits my mother and, forgive me, but I hope something else takes her quickly before we get to that stage.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

thegirlscout

VIP Member
"Many of the bathrooms have peepholes or ceilings with squares of opaque glass through which you can't see out but someone can see in."
I don’t really get having peepholes in bathrooms. Ok maybe if the person is changing for a bath but I don’t think anyone is at their most gracious whilst in the bathroom! In the tub you can be contorting yourself to make sure you reach every part you wish the shave, if you need the loo then you’re just sat there? What happens if it’s constipation? You’re just grimacing and thanking the lord god for being able to shit! And if you have a virus and your need to throw up?
Gosh over the summer I had the worst case of gastroenteritis and I was legit vomiting and shitting at the same time for 72 hours. I didn’t realise how much bodily fluids I truly held. I lost a stone in a day! Anyway it wasn’t at all erotic and it would have put anyone off their food watching me sat on the loo with a bucket in my lap praying to God that this time, the 15th time I’ve simultaneously evacuated my bowels and stomach, will be the last time (sadly it wasn’t).
I’m sure I had a point with this story.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
One celeb who I wish more were like: Kate Bush.

She is so low-key but she's posted a lovely Christmas message. No posturing, no preaching, just acknowledging what's going on in the world and a lot of empathy for everyone.

Can we clone her?

• Heart
Reactions: 54

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
Greta Thunberg is a 19yo multi millionaire daughter of multi millionaire lefty parents, an opera singer and an actor. She travels the world in a gifted £4million super yacht and electric car telling the rest of us about climate change.
I am not a climate change denier but I'm not sure she's achieving anything apart from being a poster girl for slacktavists everywhere, who can then bask in their reflcted glory.

• Wow
Reactions: 54

House of Tea

VIP Member
Does anyone have tea on the dancers James and Ola Jordan ?? He gives me the ick and I can’t help but feel she’s controlled by him.

I suspect they’re about to launch a dance yourself slim with James and Ola dvd with their recent weight loss pics of them from obese to this in 6 weeks’ 🤮
As soon as they showed their overweight bodies I knew it was a ploy to bring out some kind of fitness book/dvd/website. Lo and behold, how slim they look now. And JJ has said they have an announcement to make soon. Yawn! They have no career anymore. Reduced to this. He is a prick. I think he is in the closet too.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

LaBlonde

VIP Member
When he was 16. Mark Wahlberg attacked two Vietnamese men with a wooden stick, leaving one of them blind in one eye. He was charged with attempted murder, but pled guilty to assault and was sentenced to two years in prison, of which he served 45 days.
he also took part in another racist attack the year before that one when he followed a group of african american children to a beach and proceeded to throw rocks at them and call them racist slurs. he also beat up his neighbour a few years later and broke his jaw(?) i think. the neighbour was also black. but it’s okay because he’s a catholic and so forgives himself! and he tried to get an official pardon from the state of massachusetts! his wikipedia used to have a whole section entitled “racist attacks” but it keeps getting removed.

also: tim allen was part of an international drug smuggling ring and only avoided a life sentence by whistleblowing on other dealers.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 53

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Her parents are both wannabe celebrities who spent years trying to get famous in Sweden before they hit on feeding her the environmental speeches.

She's used as a smokescreen by politicians who are in the pockets of big oil companies and other massive polluters.

She's also an icon for slacktivists and unfortunately an example of the current state of "activism" where whoever makes the most fuss and noise and throws the biggest tantrum is seen as right, regardless of whether they say anything of value.

I won't criticise her because she's obviously being exploited and is still basically just a kid.
Just wanted to fact check you here: her mother is actually one of Sweden’s most acclaimed opera singers and was famous for decades before Greta entered the spotlight. You make her sound like Chloe Madeley, and I don’t think that’s the fairest or most accurate representation.

• Haha
Reactions: 52

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
I’d just like to wish all my very lovely Tattlers a very Merry Christmas. I hope you have a good one if you love it, I hope you manage to make it through it if you hate it (like me). You’ve given me endless laughs and great camaraderie. You all make my soul smile xx

• Heart
Reactions: 52

JCMSadie

VIP Member
Bit late, what with all the festive stuff, but RIP Maxi Jazz. What a front man.

My friend is really into her cars, and he liked her account on insta. They ended up having a few chats about their love of (*insert car here...I don't know, I just use mine to get places*) and she said he was so nice.

I'll never forget seeing Faithless at Live at Loch Lomond. Insomnia on a summer night on the lochside, such an amazing vibe.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Blessmyheart

VIP Member
He's just making himself look like a tit with all these attention seeking posts. You can have body confidence and not feel the need to go gyrating in a leopard skin thong. It's not PC to say but at the end of the day he doesn't look good and nobody wants to see it.
I certainly don’t.Since the menopause it’s like looking in a mirror.
If Sam was a personal friend I would suggest a tunic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Silverback

VIP Member
It’s sad but they are in a better financial situation than most people who suffer from either one or both of their conditions… Fibro isn’t easy to live with I only got diagnosed last year (I’ve other conditions too which make it worse) I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.
Up til 3 years ago I was completely paralysed with fibro pain. Couldn’t hoover, couldn’t unload the dishwasher, spent all my time laid up, was in constant agony and on the maximum dose of cocodamol.

During the first lockdown someone suggested to me I try the Curable app and it cured me within a few months!!! It’s a programme of learning about how and why your body produces pain, meditations, writing exercises and brain training.

I’m in zero pain now and do kickboxing every day!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

LaBlonde

VIP Member
It was just proved in mainstream media that the CIA killed JFK when for 60 years, the “official narrative” was that it was lone gunman -L.H.O- on a grassy knoll!
was it?!?!?! i completely missed that bombshell 🤣

in all honesty: the prince died from aids rumours have always seemed (to me) deeply rooted in preconceived assumptions about his lifestyle based on his on-stage flamboyance. i have nothing against conspiracy theories but when it gets into never believing any official stories or statements then you’re on a slippery slope tbh. this isn’t to say that beards and fake relationships don’t exist in hollywood but people sometimes seem to be unduly obsessed with them because there have been a couple of high profile examples (some from back in the golden age).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Talking of Brian Harvey, my dearest husband, who hates most of what I watch on TV, glanced up over his laptop at the end of The Masked Singer last night and at the mention of 'coming soon, baked potato' said "Brian Harvey that" and then returned to whatever car crap he was reading.

It would be deliciously ironic.

• Haha
Reactions: 49