Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pontyslapper

Am I the only one when seeing pictures of that Sam Smith geezer....

vibes of a low rent Dafydd... from Llandewi Brefi with shit fashion sense compared to Dafydd

• Haha
Reactions: 69

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I remember being shocked when I read about Mark Wahlberg’s background especially as I remember him from years back when he appeared to embrace black culture when he was a rapper under the name Marky Mark back in the early 90s
he “embraced black culture” when it suited him. he is (based on his past use of slurs and the aforementioned multiple race based attacks) a huge racist. his continued success is wild to me considering that he has never shown any real sorrow for what he did and tried to get the whole
thing wiped from his record.

there’s also this, again just proving what an a+ person he is:

Wahlberg was booked to fly on American Airlines Flight 11 on September 11, 2001, but his plans changed the day before and he canceled his reservation. He received backlash for stating in a 2012 interview, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did". He added that "there would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'" He issued an apology after family members of those killed on the flight expressed outrage.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 69

Sea

VIP Member
Anyone watch the Jonathan Ross show? Had the very grounded Minnie Driver on, along with Gordon Ramsay. A clip of his joker friend Gino dicampo 🤢 is shown. Minnie calls out his italian accent, saying it's totally fake and she bets he's from Liverpool not Italy 😂
Ross suggest Ramsay might have secrets about that and Gordon silently flusters/smiles.

Don't the This Morning/gmtv audience realise what a smarmy fake persona Gino is?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

Zebraaah

VIP Member
Howards Way didn't age well from one episode to the next let alone decades on
Yay, a chance for me to share some vintage 'gossip'. Many years after Howard's way was on, we went on a school trip to the Big Smoke, to big scary London Town. We went to a gallery I think, or it could have been in a theatre but I think it was a gallery. And it had a big lift, the sort that 15, 20 people can get into.

So we got into the lift and there were 2 people already there, Jan Harvey from Howard's Way and another man from Howard's way but I've forgotten his name. They SCREAMED at us that we have knives in our bag and we were going to stab them. When we got out of the lift, there was 'a scene' (as in don't make a scene) and a security guard came over.

Genuinely one of the most baffling 30 seconds of my life. Quite why they thought they were going to be attacked by 2 nuns and a few 10 year olds I have no idea. I mean, they were clearly drunk but even so.

And this is why I shall not be watching Howard's Way.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64

Multi-21

VIP Member
Goodness, Louise Speed (Gary’s widow) new husband has died of cancer. They only married last year. How terrible for her and the boys

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 64

EddyDarling

VIP Member
Old Hollywood gossip - Errol Flynn used to castrate sheep with his teeth as a job.
He described it in his autobiography: All I had to do was stick my face into this gruesome mess and bite off the young sheep's testicles. Dag a hogget. I had good teeth. I put my nose into this awful-smelling mess, my teeth solidly around the balls of the six-month-old sheep, and took a bite while I held him upside down. My nose was in fur and ordure. I bit and spat out the product into a pile of what they called prairie oysters. We have them in America too: delicious to eat, but not delicious to remove. They said this was the most sanitary way to de-ball a sheep. After I was done, I passed the sheep onto the next man, who put a little coal tar on the same spot for purposes of cleansing and closing up the wound. The sheep never let out a bleat.
vP8x9Ve.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 63

Blurp

VIP Member
Think you've got the wrong end of the stick. Prunella Scales is very much alive.

Plus, despite her dementia, her family might not think its a blessed relief.

I've worked with people either dementia for many years and many families are still devasted when their relative dies
Our family definitely thought that my mother had a blessed release. She always said that if she felt that she was losing her mind to dementia that she would take an overdose as she couldn't bear to be like the dementia patients in the local hospital when she did WRVS. She also told me that she was going to build up a stash of tablets but we never found it. The first stroke came too quickly. By the time she'd had several, she was just a shell. I lost my mother nine years before she died. My father would beg her to let go and die; he exclaimed to the nursing home that it would be considered cruelty to let a dog live like she did.

• Heart
  • Sad

LaBlonde

VIP Member
The other aspect to Kelly outing herself is the military thing. That she couldn't, or felt she couldnt because she lied when she was in the military, and she's still an honorary colonel I think?

So she needed more acceptance there, as that was NOT there a few years ago.
i had no idea about that! i went to her wikipedia and you’re right, it says this:

She said that she had known she was a lesbian since 1988, when she was in the army; she could not come out then as it was illegal at the time to be gay in the military. After winning two Olympic gold medals at Athens in 2004 and becoming a public figure, she feared there may still be consequences from the army if she came out after leaving, and that she may be shunned within athletics as there were no openly gay sportspeople she knew of.

that definitely puts another level into it. as others have said, i’m just glad she is able to be open about it now.

• Heart
  • Sad

Shady Pines Ma

VIP Member
I think JLC handled it relatively well to be honest. At least she has much more self-awareness than most of the others. Yes, I had a step up. Not owning your privilege is kind of a dick move towards your peers.
Just me who sped-read that then and assumed it was about Justin-Lee Colllins?!?!

Bad times 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
They are looking into 2 missing girls from what I have seen. Information is seemingly scarce at the moment but a journalist on Twitter is claiming the video he put out taunting Greta seemingly showed a Pizza box that showed the name of a chain of restaurants in Romania and that is how they found out where to get him.
indeed. completely played himself by the fact that he couldn’t resist sniping back at a woman. a bit poetic actually 🤣

bet he’s glad elon let him back on twitter 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 61

Eureka

VIP Member
Anyone watch the Jonathan Ross show, had the very grounded Minnie Driver on there along with Gordon Ramsay. Then a clip of his joker friend Gino dicampo 🤢 is shown. Minnie calls out his italian accent, saying its totally fake.and she bet his from Liverpool 😂
Ross suggest Ramsay might have secrets about that and Gordon silently flusters/smiles.

Don't the This Morning/gmtv audience realise what a smarmy fake persona Gino is?
I cannot stand Gino DiCampo. We were watching The Wheel at the weekend and had to turn it off because he is such an annoying twat.

• Haha

Notworthy

VIP Member
I've found Sam Smith an insufferable bellend since they posted photos of themselves crying in their mansion during lockdown then claimed it was a joke when there was backlash.

They seem to be getting more attention seeking with every passing week.
The clue that 'they' were an attention seeking twat was when 'they' came out as non binary.

• Heart
  • Angry

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
I've found Sam Smith an insufferable bellend since they posted photos of themselves crying in their mansion during lockdown then claimed it was a joke when there was backlash.

They seem to be getting more attention seeking with every passing week.

Reactions: 60

Blessmyheart

VIP Member
Oh dear I spoke too soon in my other post

I’m finding it difficult to find a middle ground here.
On the one hand, I’m all for body positivity,not all of us look like a supermodel and why should we be ashamed of that.
On the other hand, Put it away ffs.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Personally I don't think David Harbour and Lily Allen look odd together, there's only 10 years between them which isn't a lot

What do people have against Greta Thunberg? I understand the Daily Mail mob defending Andrew Tate because they have the collective IQ of a Sprout. Personally I just see her as raising awareness over an important subject

Reactions: 59

Zebraaah

VIP Member
Also, Greta refuses to conform, and doesn't give a shit about other people's opinions of her.
People find that unthinkable.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I've a friend that gets recognised, I won't use the word celeb as neither of us would use it to describe them. One day we had coffee, and the girl at Costa kept staring, she'd served us so could have checked their bank card to confirm if was or wasn't who she thought it was. Came over with a toastie that wasn't ours just to stare more. My friend put their hoodie hood up for a bit as got so fed up of it. On being recognised, they have said previously, if people ask and are polite then happy to take selfies and chat, but just gawping or being annoying to forcing a photo it irritates them. We were close to leaving due to this member of staff as kept at it for a good thirty minutes until we told her politely with the toastie we'd be up to the counter if needed anything.
people lose all sense of decency or seem to forget the celebrity is a person! it’s mad. then it trips into a whole other level (like with the zac efron rumours right now).

i’ve probably told this story before but i had a uni friend who worked in a very fancy tea room type place in london. ewan mcgregor came in with his then very young daughters to have afternoon tea, was apparently very nice, charming with the waitresses etc however the two women on the table next to him did not leave him alone the whole time. even though he was obviously with his children trying to have a nice day. eventually he and children got moved to another quieter table and the two women then complained about how rude he’d been!

i always think of the other side of some of those “who is the rudest celebrity you’ve met” stories on reddit where the story is sometimes “i accosted them in a public place when they were going about their business and spoke to them like we’re best friends and they were a bit short with me”. i would never ever ever want to be famous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 58