Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nosycowmoo

Court in general has been the weirdest, heartbreaking, yet interesting time.

There were so many odd things that happened mainly to do with LL’s mum, she had a massive argument with Jan one day shouting at her in the corridor shouting ‘you just stick up for them again then’ meaning the prosecution 😳 she used to be really nice to one of the court regulars, say hi etc to him, then got him into a corner and asked if he was LL’s friend, when he said no a law student she never spoke to him again except to moan at him once. She had a go at most people in court 8 at one point or another. Don’t get me wrong it must’ve been horrific for them but it did seem odd. She took photos of the press too and collared them if she wasn’t happy with what they’d written about her. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and I can see where LL gets her narky side from im afraid.

In general, the police the crown prosecution etc have all been incredible, you couldn’t ask for a better team, I’m actually missing court days already. And made friends - how bizarre!

The babies families I have nothing but the hugest respect, the dignity, and strength they’ve shown is incredible. All I can say is you don’t know how strong you can be till strong is all you can be, they all seemed to lean on each other too which was lovely. It’s all for them ❤

The verdicts jeez
I arrived about an hour after the first ones. I walked in and it just felt ‘off’ I had to be warned that anything I may hear cannot be repeated and that I’d be in contempt of court and possibly face a 2 year sentence hence why I came off here altogether. It was the strangest feeling. Happy for the right result for the insulin babies. But I was more in shock that after all that time they’d only reached 2 verdicts. We all thought it was going to be a longgggg wait. That’s why he offered them a majority verdict I think. At the same time we all thought that they’d done the hard part, they’d said someone was harming babies. They said it was her so with cross inference they should’ve followed. But nothing for 3 more days. Jammy Radnor blabbed on fb! I’ve never reported something as quick in my life, also heads up they have a social media team working 24/7 monitoring every single comment on here and fb and reddit etc etc

So Friday… I got the train with @O'lee but I needed my lunch so grabbed a sandwich and walked into court for 1pm start then he said he was going to ask for anymore verdicts my jaw must’ve been on the floor I wasn’t expecting it at all. I could barely breathe. The official said in an almost town crier voice ‘it’s been x hours and x minutes’ then asks them in order on count 1 have you reached a verdict then the Forman said yes or no, on the ones he said yes they then say on the count of the murder of Mickey Mouse do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty and they said guilty and honestly I was so tense, I realised after I was holding my hands so hard over my face I had left marks, it was relief scared, happy sad and everything inbetween there was 6 verdicts that day and they became a blur. 4 were murder 2 were attempted. After a couple of the verdicts there was this wailing crying guttural sobbing, it could be heard above everything else, I couldn’t tell who it was it was horrific, I was filling up in shock it was the most surreal horrific moment. LL left, so I knew the noise wasn’t her, the babies families left and then I realised it was LL’s mum. I left the courtroom as her mum left so I ran back in. It was awful we all split up needed some time for it to sink in and have a little moment. Apparently one of the babies parents put their fingers in their ears and walked out.
Afterwards I felt awful for them, that was their moment and instead of being about them it was all about LL’s mum. I get that she’s upset and horrified but she still has her daughter! Those poor babies families don’t!!! And they should’ve had their moment their justice…
It was horrific I don’t even have the words for how it felt like even though I went on the fence and then thought she was guilty it’s the finalness the fact like she really is a serial killer. I’ve sat and looked at this cold narky woman and she’s actually killed these babies. LL saw the first 2 lots of verdicts but then she didn’t come to any of the end of day court sessions only mornings. Judge asked BM about it he said he would find out. Then that was it the low life scum never ever came back out not even in the mornings! She hid in her cell with her comfort blankets and wouldn’t come up. The last power she had and she used it! She’s sick!
The week after there was more verdicts, I missed those first ones. On the Thursday they were asked again and gave 2 more verdicts and were asked if they thought they would be able to reach verdicts on the others and they thought ‘maybe’
Friday came and the video of her being arrested was leaked and it seemed suddenly tense and we were called in again, they were asked if they had anymore verdicts, they didn’t he asked them if given more time they could reach Verdicts and they said no, that was it… one heartbroken family ran out, that was the hardest part. All along I thought the Verdict would be a good job well done moment, but without answers for some it wasn’t… I wish they’d all got an ending, some closure, it was awful. I actually don’t understand with cross inference how they didn’t find all guilty’s if I’m honest and it felt cruel to the NG or no verdict parents. But that’s the law that’s how it works and I really do think they’ve done a thorough job.

That was it he let the jury go and thanked them and it ended. The press knew it was coming I had to get out I needed air it was horrifically sad the press were all filming already we waited around to hear what they had to say in the press conference and then we went to a cafe and talked for the first time in the open, it was hard not being able to offload even to family before then. We all pretty much felt the same glad for the right results in the guiltys but we couldn’t shake the sadness for the other families…
I went on holiday before sentencing, but cried my eyes out listening to the pod and watching the sentencing.

Even 2 weeks on I can’t get my head around it all, not sure I ever will. She seems so ‘normal’ from a distance.

I have no doubts there’ll be a part 2… it blows my mind that she actually exists, like she actually did it, like I knew she had from seeing and hearing her but actually seeing in person the true evil that she is is incomprehensible.
Taking her freedom isn’t enough. Those poor defenceless babies 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 127

MmmB777

VIP Member
It’s like saying.. they found all those bodies under the patio but it’s circumstantial evidence that Rose West lived in the house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

Cack_Conroe

Sorry if this has already been established I’m in and out. - but, how come Dr. No Name’s identity is private? And did anyone find out who he was?
Witnesses could apply to be anonymous, No Name's was granted because he's apparently been suffering from anxiety for four years and said he would be too anxious to give evidence properly on the stand. He claimed that Letby had an unrequited affection for him and contacted his wife on facebook. He says his teenage children, both doing exams, don't know about his connection with Letby.

His name was said in court, which I attended twice, and of course, I looked him up online. He is an aesthetically challenged middle aged man, and I do not for one second believe his claim that Letby had an "unrequited" obsession with him. If anything, it was the other way round, he seems devoted to her in his messages.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 63

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
Good grief could they not have rehomed it and lied?
---

Well that’s a little better but still sad - why would they need to know how old it was?
To pinpoint dates and locations on photos Brady took of Hindley holding the dog and smiling down at the gravesites of the children they had raped and murdered.

No one is more of a dog person than me. Tbh with you I prefer almost every dog I've ever met to the vast majority of people out there.

However I am also the sister of a murdered, missing brother and believe me, if there was even a faint hope that anaesthetising a dog to assess its age might lead to the location of my brother's body and an explanation of when and how he died, I'm afraid I'd be too invested in the latter to be terribly distraught at the process.

It was 60 years ago. There was no advanced testing available. Manchester police had never dealt with a child serial killer before let alone two as perverse, prolific and sadistic as Brady and Hindley. I'm sure mistakes were made but those beasts died in prison and the children of Hyde were safe to play and walk their own streets again. My heart is with all the parents of the Moors murders but especially is it Winnie Johnson. I know she died with her grief unresolved. I know the agony that caused her and the agony it caused Keith's siblings. I know how it rent her family. Because I've lived it and tbh with you I don't give a lot of thought to the dog. I would say it was a pity and that's about all the emotion I can muster. I imagine the families concerned here with Letby's crimes feel similarly about those fkn cats.

There is a hole in us in the shape of our lost loved ones and you've no conception how that gaping wound aches even decades later.
I hope you never know. I wish no one else ever had to know.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61

stardust21

VIP Member
In the nicest possible way, I’m shocked at how many people seem to believe shit posts on Facebook. That’s been shared now like 3 times 😂 if it’s not on a credible news source definitely take it with a pinch of salt.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I would argue that the evidence wasn’t “just” circumstantial. There was definitive evidence that babies had been poisoned with insulin, injected with air, and force fed/physically harmed. That was corroborated by experts and the defence couldn’t argue against most of that.
So we know that there was a baby harmer/murderer on that ward.
Coupled with LL present for all incidents, having numerous documents relating to the children and others in her home, and concerns raised about her presence and behaviour by other Drs, it’s pretty evident she was the only medical professional with access and means to have done it. Yes she wasn’t caught in the act (although possible nearly!) but the evidence given we know babies were murdered was pretty strong.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59

MmmB777

VIP Member
I would argue that the evidence wasn’t “just” circumstantial. There was definitive evidence that babies had been poisoned with insulin, injected with air, and force fed/physically harmed. That was corroborated by experts and the defence couldn’t argue against most of that.
So we know that there was a baby harmer/murderer on that ward.
Coupled with LL present for all incidents, having numerous documents relating to the children and others in her home, and concerns raised about her presence and behaviour by other Drs, it’s pretty evident she was the only medical professional with access and means to have done it. Yes she wasn’t caught in the act (although possible nearly!) but the evidence given we know babies were murdered was pretty strong.
Phew! I’m so fed up of hearing how it was only circumstantial evidence. The babies were killed in a hospital setting which is the only thing confusing matters- otherwise you have murder victims filled with air. It’s like saying stab wounds are circumstantial evidence imo. There’s no explanation for that air, other than that it was put there. And it was put there by someone with extensive knowledge and understanding that it would kill them. And absolute concrete evidence of poisoning.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I’m so irritated by the number of fools who haven’t even bothered to listen to all the trial information but have convinced themselves that LL isn’t guilty. Have you seen that website which is trying to say the science behind the trial was wrong??

I really do believe that these are the same people who think Covid was a conspiracy.
A guy I work with yesterday told me he thinks she’s the fall guy for someone else’s crimes. I asked him to elaborate but all he could say was ‘she’s not the type’ and ‘why would she have done that?’ and ‘all they had was circumstantial evidence’ 🙄🙄🙄

I’m downgrading him from workmate to worktwat.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 54

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
Because it is the perfect profession for these types of sickos. Nursing in general is.

My last time in maternity there was one particular nurse.... and I had her number from our first encounter, low on the empathy scale to say the least.

These freaks of nature don't all murder but they abuse their power and hurt sick people when they can't fight back. Unlucky for that bitch as sick as I was I could fight back.
i haven’t caught up, but your post has prompted a memory I have from When I was teenager in hospital. I had a standard op got sent home and a few days later my wounds haemorrhaged in the night, luckily I woke and I was rushed to hospital in an ambulance. Anyway I had to stay in for a while can’t remember how long now to recover. There was one nurse on the ward who was absolutely vile to me, I remember when I felt well enough to walk to the loo on my own, she tried to insist she had to go in with me (I was 15). I didn’t want her to and I explained I was fine and could manage I was feeling a lot better. The bitch then grabbed my arm and dug her nails into me and dragged me there, I was so shocked and upset that I didn’t argue and she then came into the loo with me and watched me pee, then she walked off when I had finished and I had to walk back to my bed on my own anyway, didn’t make any sense. Was fucking weird, I should have reported her but she scared me. She didn’t nurse me again after that but I remember her scowling at me everytime she passed me.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 51