Lucy Letby Case #68

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Signals been a joke and I broke my charger hole by putting my phone in the sea (thought iPhones were waterproof šŸ™„) so itā€™s been temperamental
im on my way home, kids back at school on Monday canā€™t wait to read back to when the news came out. Does anyone know the thread number? Anything anyone wants to ask? Etc I feel out the loop
End of thread 60/beginning of 61 for verdict reactions. Would love your insight into being at the court if you feel like sharing!

(Sentencing starts in thread 64)

Reactions: 8
Iā€™m torn on this. I agree that we need an open and transparent justice system, but does not knowing the names everyone involved really impact that?

The victims and their families are 100% entitled to anonymity if thatā€™s what they choose. And while I think Dr NN is a coward and a liar for the reasons he gave for wanting to be anonymous, I donā€™t really think it matters in the great scheme of things. If witnesses feel more able to speak freely and are less reluctant to give evidence if theyā€™re anonymous, then I think itā€™s a good thing.

I think the article was clearly written by a newspaper with an agenda. Theyā€™d possibly sell more papers, have more salacious headlines, and get more clicks if they were able to write more about the affair and all the gory details. But I donā€™t think it had a negative impact on the trial at all, and I didnā€™t find it more difficult to follow because the babies had letters instead of names.

I donā€™t think the argument that the public have a right to see justice done, is valid, because I donā€™t feel this was impacted by the anonymity order. But others may disagree obviously.
I was typing whilst you wrote this but this is exactly what I was wanting to say, you just said it better šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been following this guy's youtube (journalist?) for a while now. He attended the full trial so has a very solid first hand experience of the case, plus has done a lot of research. His latest video breaks down what the green note actually says and condemns the sleuths for misinterpreting it.

But the most interesting thing he says is that these notes, and in particular, the green note, were of very little importance to the case. Maybe 5mins in total of questioning out of 50 hours, so the prosecution case was not remotely based on the notes. Also, the green note in particular was barely mentioned in court. The yellow(?) note, where LL writes as if the triplets are all dead, although one is alive, was a more crucial part of the enquiry.

He also praised Tattlers and the wiki šŸ„° So HI THERE - I'm a fan of your videos!

Here is the link for anyone that wants to watch it.

I recommend all of his other videos too for a fully unbiased view of the case from beginning to end.
Thatā€™s a really good video, thank you.
Iā€™ve been meaning to watch some of his videos. He posted regularly on Webslueths, although I didnā€™t realise who he was until the day before verdict day, when he got everyone excited saying that something was about to happen at the court!
The video puts the importance of the notes into perspective & has made me less anxious about the impact these nutjob conspiracy theorists & their gaslighting will have on people.
I wonder what Dicky & his cronies would think about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
ā€œThe note might have been important if you read The Sunā€ šŸ¤£ hiya Crime Scene 2 Court Room babe! You should have joined us over here! Do you like Turkish Delight and are you ginger?

Great take down of the utter misinformation being spread by the loons. I think for me, the significance of the notes has always been that.. they only knew she was there at each of these unexplainable and sudden deaths/near deaths when they began investigating, then they discover all the forensic evidence of harm (babies full of air splinting their diaphragms or in their greater vessels, right by the catheter site), horrible injuries, unexplained bleeding, then on top of that two indisputable poisonings on her shift.. and when they finally make their arrest itā€™s there written on paper ā€œIā€™m evil. I killed them on purposeā€, placed and kept within a diary, in a room full of confidential paperwork, with the babies from the case collated and stored together in a bag. Itā€™s just inconceivable that anyone can think thatā€™s a poor unfortunate set of events.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
ā€œThe note might have been important if you read The Sunā€ šŸ¤£ hiya Crime Scene 2 Court Room babe! You should have joined us over here! Do you like Turkish Delight and are you ginger?

Great take down of the utter misinformation being spread by the loons. I think for me, the significance of the notes has always been that.. they only knew she was there at each of these unexplainable and sudden deaths/near deaths when they began investigating, then they discover all the forensic evidence of harm (babies full of air splinting their diaphragms or in their greater vessels, right by the catheter site), horrible injuries, unexplained bleeding, then on top of that two indisputable poisonings on her shift.. and when they finally make their arrest itā€™s there written on paper ā€œIā€™m evil. I killed them on purposeā€, placed and kept within a diary, in a room full of confidential paperwork, with the babies from the case collated and stored together in a bag. Itā€™s just inconceivable that anyone can think thatā€™s a poor unfortunate set of events.
She must be the unluckiest bleep on earth. šŸ™„

I think Iā€™m the second unluckiest though. I fell, and a bird shat on me today. šŸ’€

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Signals been a joke and I broke my charger hole by putting my phone in the sea (thought iPhones were waterproof šŸ™„) so itā€™s been temperamental
im on my way home, kids back at school on Monday canā€™t wait to read back to when the news came out. Does anyone know the thread number? Anything anyone wants to ask? Etc I feel out the loop
Hope youā€™ve had a good holiday nosy! Iā€™d love to hear more about your experience in court and around the time of the verdicts.
Safe travels, youā€™ve got a wild ride to catch up on!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Quite clearly huge concessions were made in this case ( for Letby mostly ) but whilst NN managed to slither out of being named with his BS excuses most people know who he is.
However it made the case watertight and gave the defence no grounds to appeal on certain matters thankfully. She was indulged for the very last time of her miserable life and I for one are glad. I think further charges will undoubtedly be heading her way and I expect she absolutely will appeal. Sheā€™s got 2 weeks left.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Court in general has been the weirdest, heartbreaking, yet interesting time.

There were so many odd things that happened mainly to do with LLā€™s mum, she had a massive argument with Jan one day shouting at her in the corridor shouting ā€˜you just stick up for them again thenā€™ meaning the prosecution šŸ˜³ she used to be really nice to one of the court regulars, say hi etc to him, then got him into a corner and asked if he was LLā€™s friend, when he said no a law student she never spoke to him again except to moan at him once. She had a go at most people in court 8 at one point or another. Donā€™t get me wrong it mustā€™ve been horrific for them but it did seem odd. She took photos of the press too and collared them if she wasnā€™t happy with what theyā€™d written about her. Apple doesnā€™t fall far from the tree and I can see where LL gets her narky side from im afraid.

In general, the police the crown prosecution etc have all been incredible, you couldnā€™t ask for a better team, Iā€™m actually missing court days already. And made friends - how bizarre!

The babies families I have nothing but the hugest respect, the dignity, and strength theyā€™ve shown is incredible. All I can say is you donā€™t know how strong you can be till strong is all you can be, they all seemed to lean on each other too which was lovely. Itā€™s all for them ā¤

The verdicts jeez
I arrived about an hour after the first ones. I walked in and it just felt ā€˜offā€™ I had to be warned that anything I may hear cannot be repeated and that Iā€™d be in contempt of court and possibly face a 2 year sentence hence why I came off here altogether. It was the strangest feeling. Happy for the right result for the insulin babies. But I was more in shock that after all that time theyā€™d only reached 2 verdicts. We all thought it was going to be a longgggg wait. Thatā€™s why he offered them a majority verdict I think. At the same time we all thought that theyā€™d done the hard part, theyā€™d said someone was harming babies. They said it was her so with cross inference they shouldā€™ve followed. But nothing for 3 more days. Jammy Radnor blabbed on fb! Iā€™ve never reported something as quick in my life, also heads up they have a social media team working 24/7 monitoring every single comment on here and fb and reddit etc etc

So Fridayā€¦ I got the train with @O'lee but I needed my lunch so grabbed a sandwich and walked into court for 1pm start then he said he was going to ask for anymore verdicts my jaw mustā€™ve been on the floor I wasnā€™t expecting it at all. I could barely breathe. The official said in an almost town crier voice ā€˜itā€™s been x hours and x minutesā€™ then asks them in order on count 1 have you reached a verdict then the Forman said yes or no, on the ones he said yes they then say on the count of the murder of Mickey Mouse do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty and they said guilty and honestly I was so tense, I realised after I was holding my hands so hard over my face I had left marks, it was relief scared, happy sad and everything inbetween there was 6 verdicts that day and they became a blur. 4 were murder 2 were attempted. After a couple of the verdicts there was this wailing crying guttural sobbing, it could be heard above everything else, I couldnā€™t tell who it was it was horrific, I was filling up in shock it was the most surreal horrific moment. LL left, so I knew the noise wasnā€™t her, the babies families left and then I realised it was LLā€™s mum. I left the courtroom as her mum left so I ran back in. It was awful we all split up needed some time for it to sink in and have a little moment. Apparently one of the babies parents put their fingers in their ears and walked out.
Afterwards I felt awful for them, that was their moment and instead of being about them it was all about LLā€™s mum. I get that sheā€™s upset and horrified but she still has her daughter! Those poor babies families donā€™t!!! And they shouldā€™ve had their moment their justiceā€¦
It was horrific I donā€™t even have the words for how it felt like even though I went on the fence and then thought she was guilty itā€™s the finalness the fact like she really is a serial killer. Iā€™ve sat and looked at this cold narky woman and sheā€™s actually killed these babies. LL saw the first 2 lots of verdicts but then she didnā€™t come to any of the end of day court sessions only mornings. Judge asked BM about it he said he would find out. Then that was it the low life scum never ever came back out not even in the mornings! She hid in her cell with her comfort blankets and wouldnā€™t come up. The last power she had and she used it! Sheā€™s sick!
The week after there was more verdicts, I missed those first ones. On the Thursday they were asked again and gave 2 more verdicts and were asked if they thought they would be able to reach verdicts on the others and they thought ā€˜maybeā€™
Friday came and the video of her being arrested was leaked and it seemed suddenly tense and we were called in again, they were asked if they had anymore verdicts, they didnā€™t he asked them if given more time they could reach Verdicts and they said no, that was itā€¦ one heartbroken family ran out, that was the hardest part. All along I thought the Verdict would be a good job well done moment, but without answers for some it wasnā€™tā€¦ I wish theyā€™d all got an ending, some closure, it was awful. I actually donā€™t understand with cross inference how they didnā€™t find all guiltyā€™s if Iā€™m honest and it felt cruel to the NG or no verdict parents. But thatā€™s the law thatā€™s how it works and I really do think theyā€™ve done a thorough job.

That was it he let the jury go and thanked them and it ended. The press knew it was coming I had to get out I needed air it was horrifically sad the press were all filming already we waited around to hear what they had to say in the press conference and then we went to a cafe and talked for the first time in the open, it was hard not being able to offload even to family before then. We all pretty much felt the same glad for the right results in the guiltys but we couldnā€™t shake the sadness for the other familiesā€¦
I went on holiday before sentencing, but cried my eyes out listening to the pod and watching the sentencing.

Even 2 weeks on I canā€™t get my head around it all, not sure I ever will. She seems so ā€˜normalā€™ from a distance.

I have no doubts thereā€™ll be a part 2ā€¦ it blows my mind that she actually exists, like she actually did it, like I knew she had from seeing and hearing her but actually seeing in person the true evil that she is is incomprehensible.
Taking her freedom isnā€™t enough. Those poor defenceless babies šŸ˜­

• Heart
Reactions: 128
It seems to be a trend that people can get out of stuff for 'feeling uncomfortable' about doing things - it happens at my workplace (university, so canary in a coalmine for this sort of thing). I wonder if it's about people finding out that nothing happens if they refuse to do things on these grounds because authority doesn't know how to respond or compel people?

After the relief of Letbyā€™s convictions and sentences, Iā€™m becoming more horrified with the NHS managers who, in effect, enabled her. Thank god the enquiry is now statutory.

When you have something like a hospital, full of highly-qualified professionals doing their very specific thing and key support from everyone else, the managers need to be an excellent calibre, having a highly-informed overview, and appreciation of all the special issues which will arise. Instead many are mediocre people who get into those positions through self-promotion, pretence to trendy political attitudes and the supposed benefits of having run accounts for Marks & Spencer or whatever they did before.

At the enquiry, I want to see explanations from that woman who took Letby out for coffees and nurtured her grievance ā€“ presumably based her entire response on the in-house pamphlet on bullying in the workplace while dismissing all the concerns of highly-experienced professionals on the ground ā€“ I bet sheā€™d be on you like a jumping spider if you got anyoneā€™s titting pronouns wrong though.

And the senior manager who resigned with a statement put together from a Scrabble-bag of bullshit bingo words ā€“ I want to see him at the enquiry too, looking forward to that.
I agree with this wholeheartedly but the problem with NHS managers is that there are very, very few with a background in any other industry. If youā€™re only recruiting from a very small pool the mediocre are over promoted. The NHS needs to be a much more attractive employer and recruitment needs to spread its net far wider.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

There were so many odd things that happened mainly to do with LLā€™s mum, she had a massive argument with Jan one day shouting at her in the corridor shouting ā€˜you just stick up for them again thenā€™ meaning the prosecution šŸ˜³ she used to be really nice to one of the court regulars, say hi etc to him, then got him into a corner and asked if he was LLā€™s friend, when he said no a law student she never spoke to him again except to moan at him once. She had a go at most people in court 8 at one point or another. Donā€™t get me wrong it mustā€™ve been horrific for them but it did seem odd. She took photos of the press too and collared them if she wasnā€™t happy with what theyā€™d written about her. Apple doesnā€™t fall far from the tree and I can see where LL gets her narky side from im afraid.

In general, the police the crown prosecution etc have all been incredible, you couldnā€™t ask for a better team, Iā€™m actually missing court days already. And made friends - how bizarre!

The babies families I have nothing but the hugest respect, the dignity, and strength theyā€™ve shown is incredible. All I can say is you donā€™t know how strong you can be till strong is all you can be, they all seemed to lean on each other too which was lovely. Itā€™s all for them ā¤

The verdicts jeez
I arrived about an hour after the first ones. I walked in and it just felt ā€˜offā€™ I had to be warned that anything I may hear cannot be repeated and that Iā€™d be in contempt of court and possibly face a 2 year sentence hence why I came off here altogether. It was the strangest feeling. Happy for the right result for the insulin babies. But I was more in shock that after all that time theyā€™d only reached 2 verdicts. We all thought it was going to be a longgggg wait. Thatā€™s why he offered them a majority verdict I think. At the same time we all thought that theyā€™d done the hard part, theyā€™d said someone was harming babies. They said it was her so with cross inference they shouldā€™ve followed. But nothing for 3 more days. Jammy Radnor blabbed on fb! Iā€™ve never reported something as quick in my life, also heads up they have a social media team working 24/7 monitoring every single comment on here and fb and reddit etc etc

So Fridayā€¦ I got the train with @O'lee but I needed my lunch so grabbed a sandwich and walked into court for 1pm start then he said he was going to ask for anymore verdicts my jaw mustā€™ve been on the floor I wasnā€™t expecting it at all. I could barely breathe. The official said in an almost town crier voice ā€˜itā€™s been x hours and x minutesā€™ then asks them in order on count 1 have you reached a verdict then the Forman said yes or no, on the ones he said yes they then say on the count of the murder of Mickey Mouse do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty and they said guilty and honestly I was so tense, I realised after I was holding my hands so hard over my face I had left marks, it was relief scared, happy sad and everything inbetween there was 6 verdicts that day and they became a blur. 4 were murder 2 were attempted. After a couple of the verdicts there was this wailing crying guttural sobbing, it could be heard above everything else, I couldnā€™t tell who it was it was horrific, I was filling up in shock it was the most surreal horrific moment. LL left, so I knew the noise wasnā€™t her, the babies families left and then I realised it was LLā€™s mum. I left the courtroom as her mum left so I ran back in. It was awful we all split up needed some time for it to sink in and have a little moment. Apparently one of the babies parents put their fingers in their ears and walked out.
Afterwards I felt awful for them, that was their moment and instead of being about them it was all about LLā€™s mum. I get that sheā€™s upset and horrified but she still has her daughter! Those poor babies families donā€™t!!! And they shouldā€™ve had their moment their justiceā€¦
It was horrific I donā€™t even have the words for how it felt like even though I went on the fence and then thought she was guilty itā€™s the finalness the fact like she really is a serial killer. Iā€™ve sat and looked at this cold narky woman and sheā€™s actually killed these babies. LL saw the first 2 lots of verdicts but then she didnā€™t come to any of the end of day court sessions only mornings. Judge asked BM about it he said he would find out. Then that was it the low life scum never ever came back out not even in the mornings! She hid in her cell with her comfort blankets and wouldnā€™t come up. The last power she had and she used it! Sheā€™s sick!
The week after there was more verdicts, I missed those first ones. On the Thursday they were asked again and gave 2 more verdicts and were asked if they thought they would be able to reach verdicts on the others and they thought ā€˜maybeā€™
Friday came and the video of her being arrested was leaked and it seemed suddenly tense and we were called in again, they were asked if they had anymore verdicts, they didnā€™t he asked them if given more time they could reach Verdicts and they said no, that was itā€¦ one heartbroken family ran out, that was the hardest part. All along I thought the Verdict would be a good job well done moment, but without answers for some it wasnā€™tā€¦ I wish theyā€™d all got an ending, some closure, it was awful. I actually donā€™t understand with cross inference how they didnā€™t find all guiltyā€™s if Iā€™m honest and it felt cruel to the NG or no verdict parents. But thatā€™s the law thatā€™s how it works and I really do think theyā€™ve done a thorough job.

That was it he let the jury go and thanked them and it ended. The press knew it was coming I had to get out I needed air it was horrifically sad the press were all filming already we waited around to hear what they had to say in the press conference and then we went to a cafe and talked for the first time in the open, it was hard not being able to offload even to family before then. We all pretty much felt the same glad for the right results in the guiltys but we couldnā€™t shake the sadness for the other familiesā€¦
I went on holiday before sentencing, but cried my eyes out listening to the pod and watching the sentencing.

Even 2 weeks on I canā€™t get my head around it all, not sure I ever will. She seems so ā€˜normalā€™ from a distance.

I have no doubts thereā€™ll be a part 2ā€¦ it blows my mind that she actually exists, like she actually did it, like I knew she had from seeing and hearing her but actually seeing in person the true evil that she is is incomprehensible.
Goodness me, this is a brilliant post. Really brings it home how hard it must have been for you, the jury, the families, everyone, especially the not being able to talk about it bit. I do feel anger for Letbys mother though, all that crying and wailing. She MUST have known Letby was guilty. I have no doubt there will be a second trial and hopefully the no verdict charges can be retried. There's so much more to come out with this. But well done you, we've lived the updates you've been allowed to give us.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Goodness me, this is a brilliant post. Really brings it home how hard it must have been for you, the jury, the families, everyone, especially the not being able to talk about it bit. I do feel anger for Letbys mother though, all that crying and wailing. She MUST have known Letby was guilty. I have no doubt there will be a second trial and hopefully the no verdict charges can be retried. There's so much more to come out with this. But well done you, we've lived the updates you've been allowed to give us.
I mean it was hard but nothing compared to the families. I mean sheā€™s been overheard saying she was just there, as if to say thereā€™s no other proof, but saying I did it take me, makes me think deep down she knew, letā€™s be real as a parent you wouldnā€™t want to allow yourself to think it till you had to. It was nice to be able to let it out tbh, and another case I followed there was people who told us everything from court and I found it so interesting so was glad to pay it forward šŸ™‚

• Heart
Reactions: 37

The verdicts jeez

Thank you so much for sharing this. I feel emotional reading it, so I canā€™t even begin to imagine how you must have felt living it.

@OldBlondie you asked us to tag you so you wouldnā€™t miss her post šŸ˜Š hope you join us again soon and that youā€™re okay x

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Hasnā€™t he got a lovely voice? šŸ˜
---

The verdicts jeez

What a wonderful post, thank you for sharing it & for all the posts you wrote through the trial ā¤
How emotional it must have been for you. Iā€™m so glad you had your holiday soon after it to help you relax ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 15

The verdicts jeez

thank you for your post. I have loved hearing about your experience attending court. Canā€™t even imagine what it was like.
I also still canā€™t believe she exists and that level of evil walks amongst us.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

The verdicts jeez

Thank you for sharing your experience. It must have been so surreal to be witnessing such a horrific trial and then the verdicts.
apologies if youā€™ve shared this previously and itā€™s already been discussed, but what impression did you get of Lucy Letby when she was sitting with her legal team and also on the witness stand? Iā€™ve read a lot of the Chester Standard live feeds of the trial so have read many of her answers from when she was on the stand, but iā€™m really struggling to wrap my head around how normal she appeared from photos, and also how no scandalous stories from her past have come out. Her mum sounds like a piece of work.

I absolutely believe she did it, just find it hard to fathom why and what kind of person would do such terrible things to those babies and their families. Iā€™ve tried reading back through the threads but thereā€™s so many. Do you or anyone else know what thread number you mightā€™ve posted about her in, to save typing it out again?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She must be the unluckiest bleep on earth. šŸ™„

I think Iā€™m the second unluckiest though. I fell, and a bird shat on me today. šŸ’€
I got shat on by a bird two days ago, and not just a little bit. Full on, splattered, all over my hair. Felt like someone was chucking rocks at me. It was absolutely disgusting! I messaged my partner asking him to boost the hot water so I could wash my hair. When I got home he'd put it on a regular boost rather than fast and said, "if I'd known you wanted to wash your hair as soon as you got back I would have done a quick boost". I was like, "for future reference, if a bird shits on me I want to shower straight away." I mean, isn't that obvious! :rolleyes: šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.