Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sassquatch23

Hi all, new to these threads and have been trying to catch up and read all of the previous ones in the past week since Lucy was sentenced. Thank you all so much for all of the info you've shared (especially for the Wiki!) - you've all dedicated a lot of time, energy and emotion to the case in the last 8 months and I hope that you're all doing okay and processing everything well.

From reading the threads I am shocked at the amount of (what I think is) key evidence that has not been reported in the news. Before I started reading through the threads and listening to the Daily Mail podcasts I thought that there might be a slight chance that she had been wrongly prosecuted - only because all of the information provided first-hand through news reports etc seemed circumstantial/coincidental. But after reading here I am 100% off the fence and have no doubt she is guilty. I know that the news can't report on every detail, as there is so much to this case and there is simply not enough time to go through everything, but is there any evidence/info that you've discussed on these threads that you think should have been included in the news to help people understand how guilty and vile she really is? Even after watching the Panorama documentary I think there were so many things that could have been included - although they did a great job at getting the information out quickly and giving people more of an idea of why she was found guilty.

One of the things that really shocked me was the draft sympathy card message with all three triplets' names on it, when only two had passed away - cos she knew she was going to attack all three. And also the way she comes across in the live court reportings - not the sweet, beige Lucy that the headline news would lead you to believe.

Apologies if this is not an appropriate post, or if this has been asked before (as I haven't caught up on all the threads yet!).

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Tofino

VIP Member
Even the judge said it wasn’t wholly circumstantial. (His words were ‘substantially, but not wholly’). I think he knows best.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

MmmB777

VIP Member
It’s absolutely incredible that their whole basis is ‘not enough/unreliable evidence’, when the expert witnesses have tracked these babies health and development practically from conception (for the IVF babies), tracked the pregnancies and mothers’ health, know every detail of their birth, every reading from machines or note that was ever taken from their time on the ward, multiple eye witness accounts including parents that were keeping vigil.. and somehow these scientist are claiming to know more without ANY access to that information whatsoever. It is disgraceful and no professional in their right mind would do this. It’s like an expert witness offering to stand in court without having viewed a single bit of information other than newspaper reports. It’s total and utter horseshit. Conspiracy theorist nutjobs, grifting without any concern whatsoever for the families of babies that have been brutally murdered. Disgusting little slugs.

• Heart

AllieBee

VIP Member
Court in general has been the weirdest, heartbreaking, yet interesting time.

There were so many odd things that happened mainly to do with LL’s mum, she had a massive argument with Jan one day shouting at her in the corridor shouting ‘you just stick up for them again then’ meaning the prosecution 😳 she used to be really nice to one of the court regulars, say hi etc to him, then got him into a corner and asked if he was LL’s friend, when he said no a law student she never spoke to him again except to moan at him once. She had a go at most people in court 8 at one point or another. Don’t get me wrong it must’ve been horrific for them but it did seem odd. She took photos of the press too and collared them if she wasn’t happy with what they’d written about her. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and I can see where LL gets her narky side from im afraid.

In general, the police the crown prosecution etc have all been incredible, you couldn’t ask for a better team, I’m actually missing court days already. And made friends - how bizarre!

The babies families I have nothing but the hugest respect, the dignity, and strength they’ve shown is incredible. All I can say is you don’t know how strong you can be till strong is all you can be, they all seemed to lean on each other too which was lovely. It’s all for them ❤

The verdicts jeez
I arrived about an hour after the first ones. I walked in and it just felt ‘off’ I had to be warned that anything I may hear cannot be repeated and that I’d be in contempt of court and possibly face a 2 year sentence hence why I came off here altogether. It was the strangest feeling. Happy for the right result for the insulin babies. But I was more in shock that after all that time they’d only reached 2 verdicts. We all thought it was going to be a longgggg wait. That’s why he offered them a majority verdict I think. At the same time we all thought that they’d done the hard part, they’d said someone was harming babies. They said it was her so with cross inference they should’ve followed. But nothing for 3 more days. Jammy Radnor blabbed on fb! I’ve never reported something as quick in my life, also heads up they have a social media team working 24/7 monitoring every single comment on here and fb and reddit etc etc

So Friday… I got the train with @O'lee but I needed my lunch so grabbed a sandwich and walked into court for 1pm start then he said he was going to ask for anymore verdicts my jaw must’ve been on the floor I wasn’t expecting it at all. I could barely breathe. The official said in an almost town crier voice ‘it’s been x hours and x minutes’ then asks them in order on count 1 have you reached a verdict then the Forman said yes or no, on the ones he said yes they then say on the count of the murder of Mickey Mouse do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty and they said guilty and honestly I was so tense, I realised after I was holding my hands so hard over my face I had left marks, it was relief scared, happy sad and everything inbetween there was 6 verdicts that day and they became a blur. 4 were murder 2 were attempted. After a couple of the verdicts there was this wailing crying guttural sobbing, it could be heard above everything else, I couldn’t tell who it was it was horrific, I was filling up in shock it was the most surreal horrific moment. LL left, so I knew the noise wasn’t her, the babies families left and then I realised it was LL’s mum. I left the courtroom as her mum left so I ran back in. It was awful we all split up needed some time for it to sink in and have a little moment. Apparently one of the babies parents put their fingers in their ears and walked out.
Afterwards I felt awful for them, that was their moment and instead of being about them it was all about LL’s mum. I get that she’s upset and horrified but she still has her daughter! Those poor babies families don’t!!! And they should’ve had their moment their justice…
It was horrific I don’t even have the words for how it felt like even though I went on the fence and then thought she was guilty it’s the finalness the fact like she really is a serial killer. I’ve sat and looked at this cold narky woman and she’s actually killed these babies. LL saw the first 2 lots of verdicts but then she didn’t come to any of the end of day court sessions only mornings. Judge asked BM about it he said he would find out. Then that was it the low life scum never ever came back out not even in the mornings! She hid in her cell with her comfort blankets and wouldn’t come up. The last power she had and she used it! She’s sick!
The week after there was more verdicts, I missed those first ones. On the Thursday they were asked again and gave 2 more verdicts and were asked if they thought they would be able to reach verdicts on the others and they thought ‘maybe’
Friday came and the video of her being arrested was leaked and it seemed suddenly tense and we were called in again, they were asked if they had anymore verdicts, they didn’t he asked them if given more time they could reach Verdicts and they said no, that was it… one heartbroken family ran out, that was the hardest part. All along I thought the Verdict would be a good job well done moment, but without answers for some it wasn’t… I wish they’d all got an ending, some closure, it was awful. I actually don’t understand with cross inference how they didn’t find all guilty’s if I’m honest and it felt cruel to the NG or no verdict parents. But that’s the law that’s how it works and I really do think they’ve done a thorough job.

That was it he let the jury go and thanked them and it ended. The press knew it was coming I had to get out I needed air it was horrifically sad the press were all filming already we waited around to hear what they had to say in the press conference and then we went to a cafe and talked for the first time in the open, it was hard not being able to offload even to family before then. We all pretty much felt the same glad for the right results in the guiltys but we couldn’t shake the sadness for the other families…
I went on holiday before sentencing, but cried my eyes out listening to the pod and watching the sentencing.

Even 2 weeks on I can’t get my head around it all, not sure I ever will. She seems so ‘normal’ from a distance.

I have no doubts there’ll be a part 2… it blows my mind that she actually exists, like she actually did it, like I knew she had from seeing and hearing her but actually seeing in person the true evil that she is is incomprehensible.
Taking her freedom isn’t enough. Those poor defenceless babies 😭
Goodness me, this is a brilliant post. Really brings it home how hard it must have been for you, the jury, the families, everyone, especially the not being able to talk about it bit. I do feel anger for Letbys mother though, all that crying and wailing. She MUST have known Letby was guilty. I have no doubt there will be a second trial and hopefully the no verdict charges can be retried. There's so much more to come out with this. But well done you, we've lived the updates you've been allowed to give us.

• Heart

AllieBee

VIP Member
They’ve got spies 👀 🕵️‍♀️ 🕵️‍♂️ 👀
Us tattle eejits better watch what we say 🤣🤣🤣🤣
What are us Tattle eejits 'anti'? Anti baby murderers? Anti conspiracy theorists? Anti evil? I will take that and happy to be an eejit if it means I'm on the right side of morality and conscience. And the daft sods ain't gonna know who is from tattle and who isn't!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

Tofino

VIP Member
View attachment 2416706
---

He’s a prick 🤗 on good authority from those that have had to suffer working with him.
What’s shocked me is the amount of idiots. I know there will always be some. But it’s really very concerning for society how many people just can’t even grasp that they are not going to be able to fully understand a 10 month trial by reading a few twitters and tiktoks in 24hrs.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45

Tofino

VIP Member
At this stage, even if Lucy came out and confessed, they would all be like ‘Poor Lucy. The pressure must have got to her, probably been made to feel like she should admit something she hasn’t done.’

• Haha
Reactions: 44

slingo16

Chatty Member
Couldn’t agree more! It’s like the whole focus is off what Letby is actually accused of and there’s no facts about what was actually found. Even at the time the reporting was incredibly patchy when it was the other expert witness evidence- radiographer and pathologist. Their evidence was extremely important. This is the only article I’ve seen that gives a glimpse into what was actually discovered had happened to these babies but it’s still seriously lacking.
The media are just printing all the gossipy shite. Like her affair with no name and her cryptic code in her diary. Why not expose that she left a child with injuries that could only be likened to a car crash victim. It’s just so shit imo. They’re trying to paint the typical story of “she was a nice normal nurse with no troubling warning signs” when anyone who has followed this case knows full well she’s weird af. They’re loving the “mystery” that they themselves are creating as obviously it sells papers and gets them clicks. Disgusting imo

• Heart
  • Sad

Copacapybara

VIP Member

nosycowmoo

Thank you for sharing your experience. It must have been so surreal to be witnessing such a horrific trial and then the verdicts.
apologies if you’ve shared this previously and it’s already been discussed, but what impression did you get of Lucy Letby when she was sitting with her legal team and also on the witness stand? I’ve read a lot of the Chester Standard live feeds of the trial so have read many of her answers from when she was on the stand, but i’m really struggling to wrap my head around how normal she appeared from photos, and also how no scandalous stories from her past have come out. Her mum sounds like a piece of work.

I absolutely believe she did it, just find it hard to fathom why and what kind of person would do such terrible things to those babies and their families. I’ve tried reading back through the threads but there’s so many. Do you or anyone else know what thread number you might’ve posted about her in, to save typing it out again?
If you press on my name all my comments are there. She was quite nicely spoken (her voice and accent) like the police station video, but sometimes she would be narky / sarcy and snap answers back sometimes even before they’d finished answering. She blinked like crazy, literally like every second. Pauses before she answered as little words as possible. She argued ageeed facts. Forgot what she said 20 seconds ago but can remember a doctor didn’t wash her hands after a cigarette. She was cold, no sad emotions just an annoyed one. She just didn’t act how I’d expect someone fighting for their life to behave

• Wow
  • Heart

nosycowmoo

When in the dock she was robotic just sat looking ahead, no emotion no nothing cool calm collected with her comfort blankets.
Once or twice she swaggered in with her hair in a pony tail swishing it around.
Oh and she couldn’t be opening files and turning pages she would roll her eyes. Correct even the slightest mistake / slip of the tongue. Occasionally she would ask for a break if she was feeling the presssure
---
When in the dock she was robotic just sat looking ahead, no emotion no nothing cool calm collected with her comfort blankets.
Once or twice she swaggered in with her hair in a pony tail swishing it around.
Oh and she couldn’t be opening files and turning pages she would roll her eyes. Correct even the slightest mistake / slip of the tongue. Occasionally she would ask for a break if she was feeling the presssure
---
Thank you for the info! Hope you had a lovely holiday!?

Can you go into detail about the shocking moment that happened in court but couldn’t be spoken about?
He mum going crazy shouting g at Jan, she stomped off burst into tears, her husband took her back over and 30 seconds later she was joking with her. She was saying about the defence wanted to start on a Monday and judge said no on the Friday she lost the plot saying it’s not fair for every day then when Jan said something she screamed oh yeh you just stick up for them again! 😳 Jan was their everyday ever supporting them there was literally no need

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

O'lee

I actually believe the media have a role to play in this nonsense too, the panorama doc had that psychologist geezer talking crap about “circumstantial evidence”. I’ve not seen any of the mainstream media talk about cause of death and how experts could determine that these children were murdered. They seem too busy talking about hospital failings, blaming the NHS and preventing this in the future. I think if it was explained how we know these babies died it would stop more people jumping on the “ I’ve not followed closely but something doesn’t feel right” bandwagon
The talk about circumstantial evidence as if it is somehow third-rate really gets on my nerves. Circumstantial evidence can be very compelling, especially when it is pointing in one direction- there are people in prisons up and down the country (quite rightly) serving prison sentences on the basis of largely circumstantial evidence.

That said, evidence of insulin poisoning, air embolism and horrific liver injuries can not be described as circumstantial

• Heart

Aberscot

Chatty Member
The one in the wiki has some names redirected, I hadn’t noticed before but Janet Cox was present for 6 instances, so she would have known first hand how the babies suddenly collapsed and would have seen the parents grief, yet she still supports the monster, unbelievable how stupid some ppl are.

• Sad
  • Angry

AllieBee

VIP Member
Janets insta is now private. Hi Janet 👋🏼.
Haha too late Janet I had a look this morning and thought what a dull, boring old cow you were. As beige as your bessie mate, yano that one who's just been banged up for life for murdering tiny, innocent newborn babies.

• Haha

cill2019

VIP Member
I’ve just watched Danielle Kirsty on YouTube cover this case. She left a lot out and at times I was quite annoyed because she seemed to criticise the Drs and police BUT the comments section 😳😳😳 the number of people claiming she’s innocent, is being made a scapegoat, that’s she’s been set up or the fall Guy is actually terrifying
Quoting myself here but someone has actually posted on YouTube saying that a Lucy was doing Gods work as those babies were going to grow up evil and we should be thankful for Lucy’s “work”
I am utterly gobsmacked

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 42