Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Did you work as a vet nurse in 1965? Because that's when this occurred. Surprisingly enough vet science has evolved a lot in the last 60 years.

EDIT: Also did you read the article I posted about how long the practice of not anaesthetising children lasted? Yes in some places it was used but not often on children under five and certainly not everywhere.
yeah whatever....
---
Did you work as a vet nurse in 1965? Because that's when this occurred. Surprisingly enough vet science has evolved a lot in the last 60 years.

EDIT: Also did you read the article I posted about how long the practice of not anaesthetising children lasted? Yes in some places it was used but not often on children under five and certainly not everywhere.
I have just remembered my Mother saying that she had chloroform when she had her tonsils out in the 1930's.

Eirawen

VIP Member
The police did not put Hindley's dog down. They had put it under anaesthetic in order to determine its true age and the dog died. It was common in the early to mid 60s even for adult humans to die under anaesthesia as the main chemical used was chloroform and they had no accurate oxygen saturation monitoring tools. Often right through the 60s babies and children would be operated on without anaesthetic as they were so prone to dying when it was administered. A friend of mine born in 1958 was almost four when his tonsils were taken out in Italy with no anaesthetic.

You don't need to put a dog under anaesthetic to determine its age I used to work in an animal hospital and it wasn't done. I had my tonsils out in 1964 under anaesthetic.

jedwad87

Does anyone know the area well enough to know whether LL could have seen the graves of her victims from her house? I think I read on the wiki or it was mentioned on a prior thread that the house was in close proximity to the graveyard.

(If this is the case, the house should’ve been demolished, much like the West house/Moscow murder house from the US)

PurplePie

Chatty Member
Does anyone know the attention seeking influencer Kneevo?

She's suddenly become an expert on the case 🙄 and is ranting about the trial being unfair to Lucy on her Instagram stories.