Lucy Letby Case #68

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mumsnet threads are being repeatedly attacked by users who think ìt's the "greatest miscarriage of justice the country has ever seen" they get shouted down then reappear with a new name the next day.

Hi Sarrita 👋
---
I don't think they deliberately put Hindley's dog down, they were attempting to ascertain it's age (as it was in some of the photos on the moors, so they hoped that by getting an accurate age they could pinpoint when some of the murders/burials took place) but unfortunately it didn't survive. Apparently when she was told that it had died she went nuts, shouting that the police were murderers.

I have wondered about Letby's cats, I'm surprised her mate Jan didn't adopt them as she seems to like feline friends!
I think they put Neilson's dog down too didn't they?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The mumsnet threads are being repeatedly attacked by users who think ìt's the "greatest miscarriage of justice the country has ever seen" they get shouted down then reappear with a new name the next day.

Hi Sarrita 👋
It's crazy, not really offering any arguments, just posting strange ramblings.

Reactions: 8
Imagine putting money towards a baby killers appeal. Granted it’s probably doll money. but, still disgusting. If I saw that as a parent of one of the children in this case, I’d want to hunt the bellend down and see if he’s open to explaining his views in person
I’m so irritated by the number of fools who haven’t even bothered to listen to all the trial information but have convinced themselves that LL isn’t guilty. Have you seen that website which is trying to say the science behind the trial was wrong??

I really do believe that these are the same people who think Covid was a conspiracy.

Reactions: 23
He really is! But this post was by a parody account, taking the piss out of him. There’s a few others about who keep winding him up 😆
The fact that so many people can't differentiate between Gill and his parody accounts speaks volumes about him!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Sorry if this has already been established I’m in and out. - but, how come Dr. No Name’s identity is private? And did anyone find out who he was?

Reactions: 2
Sorry if this has already been established I’m in and out. - but, how come Dr. No Name’s identity is private? And did anyone find out who he was?
Witnesses could apply to be anonymous, No Name's was granted because he's apparently been suffering from anxiety for four years and said he would be too anxious to give evidence properly on the stand. He claimed that Letby had an unrequited affection for him and contacted his wife on facebook. He says his teenage children, both doing exams, don't know about his connection with Letby.

His name was said in court, which I attended twice, and of course, I looked him up online. He is an aesthetically challenged middle aged man, and I do not for one second believe his claim that Letby had an "unrequited" obsession with him. If anything, it was the other way round, he seems devoted to her in his messages.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
Myra Hindley adored her dog but the police put it down as they knew it would upset her. If her cats are rehomed I hope they are not treated badly as it's not their fault they belonged to her. But some people are so nasty but there is no need to sink to Letbys 'level with her cats.
The police did not put Hindley's dog down. They had put it under anaesthetic in order to determine its true age and the dog died. It was common in the early to mid 60s even for adult humans to die under anaesthesia as the main chemical used was chloroform and they had no accurate oxygen saturation monitoring tools. Often right through the 60s babies and children would be operated on without anaesthetic as they were so prone to dying when it was administered. A friend of mine born in 1958 was almost four when his tonsils were taken out in Italy with no anaesthetic.

• Wow
  • Sad
The police did not put Hindley's dog down. They had put it under anaesthetic in order to determine its true age and the dog died. It was common in the early to mid 60s even for adult humans to die under anaesthesia as the main chemical used was chloroform and they had no accurate oxygen saturation monitoring tools. Often right through the 60s babies and children would be operated on without anaesthetic as they were so prone to dying when it was administered. A friend of mine born in 1958 was almost four when his tonsils were taken out in Italy with no anaesthetic.

That's interesting. I had a sinus open on my neck when I was born in 1961 (common genetic defect in our family) and it had got infected so I was operated on as a toddler. I have always had a bad reaction to anyone touching my neck, even as a joke, and I always wonder if the two are connected. Scissors near my neck also give me the screaming habdabs.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
He's so bleeping odd
Oh now I get it. He's got that philia thing. The one where people are only attracted to violent criminals.

Hang on I'll look it up.

1693450658917.png

Yep that's it. Many people seem to think this is an attraction limited to women who write to men on death row but it isn't. Both the attractive Manson killers had a swathe of admirers writing to them declaring their love, fighting for their freedom. Hindley had plenty too. I believe that Joanna Dennehy gets fan mail as well. It's a proper psychiatric disorder and needs a great deal more research done on it in my opinion.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Rose West apparently gets fan mail telling her what a great mother she is.

Also, she apparently thought she was morally superior to Myra Hindley because to her mind, she "only" killed her own children rather than other people's.

She also is said to have loved babies and to have treated them well, up until the point they started to develop independence and ability to talk back etc. Then she became abusive and victim-blaming.

She is also in HMP New Hall, I wonder what she'd make of Lucifer. She is said to be a matriarch and to befriend the unwelcome prisoners.

• Wow
  • Sick

You don't need to put a dog under anaesthetic to determine its age I used to work in an animal hospital and it wasn't done. I had my tonsils out in 1964 under anaesthetic.

You don't need to put a dog under anaesthetic to determine its age I used to work in an animal hospital and it wasn't done. I had my tonsils out in 1964 under anaesthetic.
Did you work as a vet nurse in 1965? Because that's when this occurred. Surprisingly enough vet science has evolved a lot in the last 60 years.

EDIT: Also did you read the article I posted about how long the practice of not anaesthetising children lasted? Yes in some places it was used but not often on children under five and certainly not everywhere.

Reactions: 9
Even just 15 years ago, we were unable to neuter our elderly but extremely healthy rescue rabbit as he only had a 50% chance of surviving the anesthetic. I know it has moved on a lot even since then.

Also, in 1970 my cousin died aged 4 during surgery to repair a heart defect, he had been completely expected to survive. Apparently in those days the machines keeping people alive during anesthesia weren't that reliable, it was probably the same for animals.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Rose West apparently gets fan mail telling her what a great mother she is.

Also, she apparently thought she was morally superior to Myra Hindley because to her mind, she "only" killed her own children rather than other people's.

She also is said to have loved babies and to have treated them well, up until the point they started to develop independence and ability to talk back etc. Then she became abusive and victim-blaming.

She is also in HMP New Hall, I wonder what she'd make of Lucifer. She is said to be a matriarch and to befriend the unwelcome prisoners.
West and Hindley had a very short lived affair. After which they turned on each other. It's blackly hilarious that West thought she was better than Hindley because she only murdered her own kids (though that's not even true because she murdered Fred's daughter when he was in prison. The one he had with the poor Scottish lass who they also murdered when she came looking for her girls. They Also murdered several of their boarders)

Hindley is reported to have told others she despised West because "I didn't murder my own kids"

The moral gymnastics both of them performed to come up with these "objections" to the other's crimes is mind boggling.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.