Lucy Letby Case #68

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so irritated by the number of fools who haven’t even bothered to listen to all the trial information but have convinced themselves that LL isn’t guilty. Have you seen that website which is trying to say the science behind the trial was wrong??

I really do believe that these are the same people who think Covid was a conspiracy.
A guy I work with yesterday told me he thinks she’s the fall guy for someone else’s crimes. I asked him to elaborate but all he could say was ‘she’s not the type’ and ‘why would she have done that?’ and ‘all they had was circumstantial evidence’ 🙄🙄🙄

I’m downgrading him from workmate to worktwat.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
I do think they genuinely believe she's innocent.

Confirmation bias is a powerful force. If you start off with a firm fixed belief, then it encourages you to focus on evidence that supports it and either denigrate or totally ignore evidence that contradicts it. The more emotionally attached you are to the belief, the more powerful the effect is. And Lucy's parents desperately want to see her as innocent.

So they cling to arguments that in their view undermine the allegations such as "of course she was there for all the collapses since she was most qualified to deal with the sickest babies out of all the nurses and she did so much overtime and the wicked doctors excluded the collapses that she wasn't there for" and "they were sick babies and liable to collapse anyway, and the doctors were negligent and looking for a scapegoat", etc etc...while ignoring arguments such as the insulin poisoning that even Lucy admitted someone must have deliberately done.
I think by admitting she is guilty her parents and these loyal friends would have to admit something about themselves also. They can’t do that.

Reactions: 30
Did you work as a vet nurse in 1965? Because that's when this occurred. Surprisingly enough vet science has evolved a lot in the last 60 years.

EDIT: Also did you read the article I posted about how long the practice of not anaesthetising children lasted? Yes in some places it was used but not often on children under five and certainly not everywhere.
yeah whatever....
---
Did you work as a vet nurse in 1965? Because that's when this occurred. Surprisingly enough vet science has evolved a lot in the last 60 years.

EDIT: Also did you read the article I posted about how long the practice of not anaesthetising children lasted? Yes in some places it was used but not often on children under five and certainly not everywhere.
I have just remembered my Mother saying that she had chloroform when she had her tonsils out in the 1930's.

I’m so irritated by the number of fools who haven’t even bothered to listen to all the trial information but have convinced themselves that LL isn’t guilty. Have you seen that website which is trying to say the science behind the trial was wrong??

I really do believe that these are the same people who think Covid was a conspiracy.
I actually believe the media have a role to play in this nonsense too, the panorama doc had that psychologist geezer talking crap about “circumstantial evidence”. I’ve not seen any of the mainstream media talk about cause of death and how experts could determine that these children were murdered. They seem too busy talking about hospital failings, blaming the NHS and preventing this in the future. I think if it was explained how we know these babies died it would stop more people jumping on the “ I’ve not followed closely but something doesn’t feel right” bandwagon

• Heart
Reactions: 40
yeah whatever....
---

I have just remembered my Mother saying that she had chloroform when she had her tonsils out in the 1930's.
My dad had his appendix out during WW2; he said that they were rationing the anaesthetic so tightly that the surgeon had his scalpel poised, waiting for Dad to go under.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I actually believe the media have a role to play in this nonsense too, the panorama doc had that psychologist geezer talking crap about “circumstantial evidence”. I’ve not seen any of the mainstream media talk about cause of death and how experts could determine that these children were murdered. They seem too busy talking about hospital failings, blaming the NHS and preventing this in the future. I think if it was explained how we know these babies died it would stop more people jumping on the “ I’ve not followed closely but something doesn’t feel right” bandwagon
Couldn’t agree more! It’s like the whole focus is off what Letby is actually accused of and there’s no facts about what was actually found. Even at the time the reporting was incredibly patchy when it was the other expert witness evidence- radiographer and pathologist. Their evidence was extremely important. This is the only article I’ve seen that gives a glimpse into what was actually discovered had happened to these babies but it’s still seriously lacking.

Reactions: 29
Given Letby is a sadist, I wonder if the affair with Dr NN stopped when she began to torture him psychologically for kicks once her access to babies she could physically overpower was cut off. It would fit with contacting his wife on Facebook.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Given Letby is a sadist, I wonder if the affair with Dr NN stopped when she began to torture him psychologically for kicks once her access to babies she could physically overpower was cut off. It would fit with contacting his wife on Facebook.
that is interesting, I wonder what she said to his wife did he have the hots for LL and in turn did she lead him on with no intention of sleeping with him?

Reactions: 5
Witnesses could apply to be anonymous, No Name's was granted because he's apparently been suffering from anxiety for four years and said he would be too anxious to give evidence properly on the stand. He claimed that Letby had an unrequited affection for him and contacted his wife on facebook. He says his teenage children, both doing exams, don't know about his connection with Letby.

His name was said in court, which I attended twice, and of course, I looked him up online. He is an aesthetically challenged middle aged man, and I do not for one second believe his claim that Letby had an "unrequited" obsession with him. If anything, it was the other way round, he seems devoted to her in his messages.
LL finally thrown under a bus by someone else 😆

4 years of anxiety, embarrassment more like! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Sorry to change topic slightly but I was just thinking that some of the assessments made of LL by psychologists/psychiatrists in relation to her Munchausen syndrome by proxy (now known as FDIA) cannot be accurate since the intention is to harm but not kill. Yet we known LL attempted to murder the same baby multiple times so surely he wanted to inflict serious harm. Thoughts?

Reactions: 1
and you know it won't just be the Countess that there is issues with, I don't mean that other hospital's have killers like Letby, more the cover ups to cover up the cover ups, Its about time they got rid of these managers and their entourage!
A lady I know who is a nurse in a hospital (lovely nurse good at her job) had an operation that apparently resulted in her being infertile, she had a look at her notes (she wasn't supposed to but in the circumstances I don't blame her) and a lot of paperwork was missing from the date of the surgery. Cover up there for sure and she didn't seem surprised, luckily she has 3 kids so the infertility isn't as bad as it could be.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Sorry to change topic slightly but I was just thinking that some of the assessments made of LL by psychologists/psychiatrists in relation to her Munchausen syndrome by proxy (now known as FDIA) cannot be accurate since the intention is to harm but not kill. Yet we known LL attempted to murder the same baby multiple times so surely he wanted to inflict serious harm. Thoughts?
I could be wrong but with FD if the goal is to get some sort of attention then murdering babies was definitely getting LL that. She seemed to revel in the sympathy about her bad luck and bad run. Perhaps with severe FD or FD mixed with other personality problems death is a desirable outcome or a consequence.

Reactions: 13
Couldn’t agree more! It’s like the whole focus is off what Letby is actually accused of and there’s no facts about what was actually found. Even at the time the reporting was incredibly patchy when it was the other expert witness evidence- radiographer and pathologist. Their evidence was extremely important. This is the only article I’ve seen that gives a glimpse into what was actually discovered had happened to these babies but it’s still seriously lacking.
The media are just printing all the gossipy shite. Like her affair with no name and her cryptic code in her diary. Why not expose that she left a child with injuries that could only be likened to a car crash victim. It’s just so tit imo. They’re trying to paint the typical story of “she was a nice normal nurse with no troubling warning signs” when anyone who has followed this case knows full well she’s weird af. They’re loving the “mystery” that they themselves are creating as obviously it sells papers and gets them clicks. Disgusting imo

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
The media are just printing all the gossipy shite. Like her affair with no name and her cryptic code in her diary. Why not expose that she left a child with injuries that could only be likened to a car crash victim. It’s just so tit imo. They’re trying to paint the typical story of “she was a nice normal nurse with no troubling warning signs” when anyone who has followed this case knows full well she’s weird af. They’re loving the “mystery” that they themselves are creating as obviously it sells papers and gets them clicks. Disgusting imo
A149ABFA-AE00-4300-B778-22549884E9BB.gif

Yep. How could anybody so ordinary, that went in at midnight on her day off and had moved copious amounts of confidential paperwork which they lied about having, have committed these crimes eh. Can’t even bring myself to watch the panorama because I know I’ll just get pissed off 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Also, she apparently thought she was morally superior to Myra Hindley because to her mind, she "only" killed her own children rather than other people's.
Isn’t is the other way around - Myra Hindley thought she was superior because she killed other people’s children but thought that someone who killed their own children couldn’t be trusted?

it’s weird how these freaks think that one type of killing is more or less moral than another.

When Rose West was on trial, her children said that she believed she was going to get away with it all and go to live in Ireland afterwards 🤯

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I can’t look at Twitter anymore cause the bleeping wildness & absolute fucktards on there just makes me wanna commit multiple section 18 offences.

NN’s kids aren’t GCSE/ALevel age (and I’m pretty sure I found the right guy) so the whole oh they’re doing exams they don’t know about my involvement etc is cause they are children & clearly easily fooled, he’s a deceptive bleep.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
yeah whatever....
---

So I take it you didn't read the linked article then. OK fine discussion over. It's not even the thread topic & I'm not about to derail a thread about murdered premmie babies by obsessing over two cats who I am certain have been treated with far more kindness than the monster Letby ever showed her numerous victims.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm hoping that now pretty much everything in the NHS is electronically/digitally recorded, rather than paper notes that can be made to disappear, this might be the end of falsifying records or removing vital evidence.

There was a serial killer at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport (apologies to all if this has already been discussed at length) Victorino Chua, who murdered random patients in 2011/2012. They arrested the wrong person at first. I used to live in that hospital's catchment area and it's chilling to think that I, or a member of my family, could have come into contact with him.
Stepping Hill murders: how Victorino Chua's poisonings were uncovered | Crime | The Guardian

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.