Lucy Letby Case #68

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last thread here

There is an extensive wiki (top right pink button also link here https://tattle.life/wiki/lucy-letby-case/ ) collating 10 months worth of trial reports organised into sections. Often the answers to your questions can be found here, so please use as much as you can otherwise the threads fill up very quickly with the same questions being asked. Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Unless she took a (presumably unpaid) extended leave of absence to attend the trial for all those months, Janet can’t still be working.

Reactions: 17
Unless she took a (presumably unpaid) extended leave of absence to attend the trial for all those months, Janet can’t still be working.
Isn't she retired now? I'm sure I read an article saying the friend supporting Lucy's parents was spending the first days of her retirement in court

Reactions: 7
Early retirement?
Yep I think so … probably thought they have stitched dear lucy up I can’t work for them … she was very pally pally wi Letbys mum at court … I saw um laffing and joking together …. It was actually the day she ducked up on the stand … each to own but if that was my mate or daughter blatantly showing the world she had committed these henus acts I would not be laffing about having to take your cardie off cos you was hot and it was too sunny … that would of been last thing on my mind!!!
I only went to court 3 times but they was there everyday!!!! No way they could of listened all that and believed she was innocent !!! Her mum and dad and fwend!!! Would be a lot better thought off if they would admit they know the jury got it right!!! Ye still love ya monster daughter … still visit it and buy it Freddy frogs etc but don’t be wailing and crying that she is innocent. Have some blooming respect for those poor parents who have been hell n bk!!! Xx

Reactions: 38
No way they could of listened all that and believed she was innocent !!!
I do think they genuinely believe she's innocent.

Confirmation bias is a powerful force. If you start off with a firm fixed belief, then it encourages you to focus on evidence that supports it and either denigrate or totally ignore evidence that contradicts it. The more emotionally attached you are to the belief, the more powerful the effect is. And Lucy's parents desperately want to see her as innocent.

So they cling to arguments that in their view undermine the allegations such as "of course she was there for all the collapses since she was most qualified to deal with the sickest babies out of all the nurses and she did so much overtime and the wicked doctors excluded the collapses that she wasn't there for" and "they were sick babies and liable to collapse anyway, and the doctors were negligent and looking for a scapegoat", etc etc...while ignoring arguments such as the insulin poisoning that even Lucy admitted someone must have deliberately done.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Reactions: 44
For those querying laundry - every function you do in your house, washing, drying, washing up, cooking is a 'prison role' - the majority of prisoners have to work or they get in to trouble (loss of income, loss info visits etc)

So certain wings have certain wash days, you leave it outside your cell like you would a wheelie bin on the street, and the laundry prisoners pick it up, under supervision, wash it and dry it and give it back. they then get paid their £10 ish a week.

This goes for all functions listed above, and more. Some prisoners work in 'garment making' so in women's prisons they make those crappy grey joggers and hoodies for men, they get bagged up and sent to male prisons.

All roles are very manual, very repetitive and you can only change with permission ..... the best job is the library, the older prisoners generally get that, sitting and giving out books and delivering books to those who are not allowed out their cell (think Shawshank!!)

Reactions: 40
I do think they genuinely believe she's innocent.

Confirmation bias is a powerful force. If you start off with a firm fixed belief, then it encourages you to focus on evidence that supports it and either denigrate or totally ignore evidence that contradicts it. The more emotionally attached you are to the belief, the more powerful the effect is. And Lucy's parents desperately want to see her as innocent.

So they cling to arguments that in their view undermine the allegations such as "of course she was there for all the collapses since she was most qualified to deal with the sickest babies out of all the nurses and she did so much overtime and the wicked doctors excluded the collapses that she wasn't there for" and "they were sick babies and liable to collapse anyway, and the doctors were negligent and looking for a scapegoat", etc etc...while ignoring arguments such as the insulin poisoning that even Lucy admitted someone must have deliberately done.
Yep I don’t obviously know letby personally … but I would like to think if it was my daughter or a friend after listening to all that day in day out I could see there was only 1 murdering liar in that court … love is blind as they say tho … who knows even if she did admit it to um… they would probably say.. oh no ya didn’t … don’t be saying such things 🙄…. Like when the mother apparently said “I did it take me”…. No sympathy for all them dead babies and grief stricken parents (well none that’s been reported) xx
---
For those querying laundry - every function you do in your house, washing, drying, washing up, cooking is a 'prison role' - the majority of prisoners have to work or they get in to trouble (loss of income, loss info visits etc)

So certain wings have certain wash days, you leave it outside your cell like you would a wheelie bin on the street, and the laundry prisoners pick it up, under supervision, wash it and dry it and give it back. they then get paid their £10 ish a week.

This goes for all functions listed above, and more. Some prisoners work in 'garment making' so in women's prisons they make those crappy grey joggers and hoodies for men, they get bagged up and sent to male prisons.

All roles are very manual, very repetitive and you can only change with permission ..... the best job is the library, the older prisoners generally get that, sitting and giving out books and delivering books to those who are not allowed out their cell (think Shawshank!!)
Thanks for the insight xx probably be a while b4 she can get a job tho … there was a mention in 1 of the papers about keeping her occupied with a open university degree … ridiculous imo… she will probably enjoy that!!!! I’d much prefer to imagine her washing dirty knickers or cleaning toilets !!! A role that isn’t skilled and no1 looks up to her unlike being a nurse where she was looked upon highly xx

yes her scrubbing tit toilets for 10 quid a week pleases me …. She did call the plumber to the stand at court about the sewerage flooding the floor … the tit killed the babies according to her… so u spend ya miserable horrid life cleaning other folks tit now letby 👏 xx

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.