Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I remember someone in the publishing industry getting into a spat with Lily a few years ago about her free sofa and how influencers manipulate their audience & the nature of their ‘work’ to justify the grift.

the last few posts made me remember it all because the person (Claire Maxwell) articulated the issue well - there was a blog post wrote a blog post I enjoyed revisiting: https://ithinkijustbloggedmyself.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/the-murky-world-of-online-influence/

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 74

LA2019Take2

What I don't understand about Rich and Lily is how inefficient they are as people? Why did they both have to go to Ikea to get the crib? I understand both of them being there to put it together (although this could easily be done with one person) but she goes on and on about how much they have to do then they can't seem to do anything without the other being by their side the whole time?

The same with batch cooking? Surely it would be more efficient to just double up on portions for a couple of meals every week for the last month or so and freeze the excess? She harps on about being SOOOOO busy but actually she just likes making lists - the actual work is too much for her.

I lol'd when she talked about coming back in the new year and how she loved the 'fresh start' - the woman has literally not changed a single thing about her habits or personality since she was 12. She loves the idea of a 'fresh start' but doesn't actually like the commitment/work to better ones self.

• Haha
Reactions: 60

Stephanie_Lane

Chatty Member
It’s so obvious Lily only had kids because that’s what her parents did and that’s what her sisters did. I’m still in shock when Lily said she doesn’t understand why some women don’t want to become mothers. I had a chat with one of my ‘friends’ discussing why I believed kids weren’t for me due to a range of factors like health, mental well-being, not being able to cope and not feeling maternal and her response was just like Lily’s. She’s also the kind of ‘friend’ who complains about motherhood so I don’t get Lily understanding either. She’s just a sheep 🐑

• Heart
Reactions: 54

rosemarina

VIP Member
In that context, “clever” has a real indulgent/patronising tone to it, I think. Those clever labourers! The things they can do with a brick, goodness me.

• Sick
Reactions: 53

Lechat

VIP Member
I think this is the real issue people have with influencers now. Like fine, earn a shit tonne from doing ads and pushing aff links and filming every minute of your life for YouTube but then to beg for free stuff when you can well afford it really sticks with people.

And Lily never gives back. That little charity feature died a death pretty quick. When does she ever donate or give back to her followers? She is very mean and selfish.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

BelleAmie

VIP Member
Says stairs are inconvenient with children.

Adds a new floor and set of stairs to her house.

• Haha
Reactions: 52

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
IMG_20211124_193419.jpg

She may have finally given birth, but the world's longest room painting still continues.

I cannot stress enough just how tired I am.

• Haha
Reactions: 52