Lily Pebbles #30 I’m not sure what my contribution is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In that context, “clever” has a real indulgent/patronising tone to it, I think. Those clever labourers! The things they can do with a brick, goodness me.

• Sick
Reactions: 53
I think the martins are collectively so dim that everything to them is clever because they can’t imagine anything outside of their narrow world.
In that context, “clever” has a real indulgent/patronising tone to it, I think. Those clever labourers! The things they can do with a brick, goodness me.
This 1000%.It reads like “who knew! Labor went in to affording me my luxuries. I thought they were just there.” Because for them, they’re always there for them and they can’t imagine life any differently.

Reactions: 42
It is a very sad tree that looks suspiciously similar to a t to what west elm and H&M show at the moment. But I get why a Christmas tree is not that important to them. They only use the overall Christmas aesthetic but I don’t think they really celebrate Christmas. Maybe they do a gift exchange just for the fun of it. They are Jewish and celebrating Chanukah. I think she has done a video or mentioned it in a video a couple of years back. So they might do a bit more now that Grey is experiencing this long period of little traditions and activities through other children but I doubt they actually celebrate it. I don’t think it’s a problem too incorporate a very prominent season in your life even if you don’t really take part. Like many people that life in a different culture or in a country where the prominent holidays are rooted in a religion different from yours. Even if she uses it professionally too earn tons of money (example: we pay people double wages for Christmas- we would never distinguish between people who don’t celebrate it anyway to pay less).
Her trees have always been a bit sad. It’s probably all gifted so those decorations never had an emotional attachment and it’s easy to throw out and wait for the new packages though.
Is Rich Jewish as well?
Because if he is then that would make sense, and I don't know what a Christmas tree is doing in their house in the first place.
And if he's not I really feel sad for him, that's not a happy Christmas tree *whip emoji*

Reactions: 8
Is Rich Jewish as well?
Because if he is then that would make sense, and I don't know what a Christmas tree is doing in their house in the first place.
And if he's not I really feel sad for him, that's not a happy Christmas tree *whip emoji*
No Rich is not Jewish unless he’s decided to convert since marriage.
Also lily has said before they do celebrate Christmas too, hence why last year her mum (or sister) dropped a Christmas dinner off at everyone’s houses.

Reactions: 22
It's such a miserable existence. Lily is obviously the worst but i don't think Rich is a dream either. He seems like he can be a sulky prick too

Reactions: 18
It's such a miserable existence. Lily is obviously the worst but i don't think Rich is a dream either. He seems like he can be a sulky prick too
Yeah, Rich does seem to get grumpier as the years go by, but I would too if I were married to LP.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
When we set up our trees, we were like “do you remember we bought this ornaments from xxx” for Lily is just sad beige thing from HM

Reactions: 25
When we set up our trees, we were like “do you remember we bought this ornaments from xxx” for Lily is just sad beige thing from HM
Exactly, and things like that last a lifetime because they have meaning. My mums tree has ornaments from the 80s & 90s from when me and my siblings were kids and she keeps them because they have sentiment attached despite half of them being broken!

not some tacky paper decoration that won’t last till next year.

Reactions: 19
Exactly, and things like that last a lifetime because they have meaning. My mums tree has ornaments from the 80s & 90s from when me and my siblings were kids and she keeps them because they have sentiment attached despite half of them being broken!

not some tacky paper decoration that won’t last till next year.
Confession, I really like tacky Xmas tree (not in my home lol) I do love a xmas tree with colourful lights. So nostalgic.

Reactions: 16
Confession, I really like tacky Xmas tree (not in my home lol) I do love a xmas tree with colourful lights. So nostalgic.
Oh yeah I have colourful lights on my tree too. When I said tacky I meant the sad beige snowmen on Lily’s tree which are a trend which will have died by next year!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Megan Ellaby has one of the tackiest Christmas trees ever, and all the baubles have some meaning behind them. I love it. (This is NOT me endorsing Megs, I just love her tree lol)

Reactions: 12
The Charlie Brown Christmas tree has more cheer than that paper bag tree.
Photo for comparison 😂
C4663F1D-77F7-4F30-821D-092F075E6E9C.jpeg

I wonder if the sad beige tree is because of him and her. You can’t break paper 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe a good idea since it saves the kids from being blamed for yet another thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It is a very sad tree that looks suspiciously similar to a t to what west elm and H&M show at the moment. But I get why a Christmas tree is not that important to them. They only use the overall Christmas aesthetic but I don’t think they really celebrate Christmas. Maybe they do a gift exchange just for the fun of it. They are Jewish and celebrating Chanukah. I think she has done a video or mentioned it in a video a couple of years back. So they might do a bit more now that Grey is experiencing this long period of little traditions and activities through other children but I doubt they actually celebrate it. I don’t think it’s a problem too incorporate a very prominent season in your life even if you don’t really take part. Like many people that life in a different culture or in a country where the prominent holidays are rooted in a religion different from yours. Even if she uses it professionally too earn tons of money (example: we pay people double wages for Christmas- we would never distinguish between people who don’t celebrate it anyway to pay less).
Her trees have always been a bit sad. It’s probably all gifted so those decorations never had an emotional attachment and it’s easy to throw out and wait for the new packages though.
Only Lily is Jewish. She broke the family tradition and married a Christian. They are a mixed family.

Reactions: 5
Only Lily is Jewish. She broke the family tradition and married a Christian. They are a mixed family.

I think this website pays way too much attention to people’s cultural background (or perceived cultural background, there’s a lot of assumptions flung round about her family and how much they celebrate religious festivals if anyone could possibly know this). The tree reflects the fact her taste and colour preference is beige, beige and more beige.

Reactions: 26
F7C29968-0D60-4533-B9DD-3A3AD0C9E96C.png
Jojo is my babe, she has a pink Christmas tree for her kids. I think is hideous but sometimes you got to let your kids have fun. Hahaha just close your shutter so your neighbour can’t see your pink tree.

LMAO Lily, your sister has a pink tree.

Reactions: 25
Lily’s Xmas tree in 2017,18,19 and all of them have some colour & mixed ornaments…. So this proves she owns nicer decorations and she’s just bought the sad beige ones this year to match her sad beige aesthetic.
I don’t believe she bought them. They were very probably gifted. I just cannot see her paying her own money for it- but then the effing lampshade, so who knows.

Reactions: 10
View attachment 907271Jojo is my babe, she has a pink Christmas tree for her kids. I think is hideous but sometimes you got to let your kids have fun. Hahaha just close your shutter so your neighbour can’t see your pink tree.

LMAO Lily, your sister has a pink tree.
Jojo wants to make her kids happy. Lily wants to make her followers happy. There’s the difference.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.