Lily Pebbles #30 I’m not sure what my contribution is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a fan of the name but it’s marginally better than Grey, in the sense that it is actually a name

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Rudy is a much more normal name than most of us were thinking which isn't a bad thing. I also thought Rudy Giuliani which I'm sure Rich at least is aware of but I stand by my assessment that these two are future if not current Tory voters so they don't mind.

I have a feeling this was a compromise name and the name(s) Lily truly liked were vetoed by Rich but who knows.

I do think her son will most resemble Lily (therefore he will be a Lionel #2)
#3 you mean… 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Went to watch the video on Youtube as it had been ages since I had last seen it. One of the comments says that 'Rudy' does not refer to a person, but is Jamaican slang for 'rude boy'. That made me laugh far more than it should, I hope it wipes the smug 'my taste in music is far better than yours' smile off her face.
Exactly this. I'm of Jamaican heritage so to me, it's a name for older West Indian men or it's short for 'rude boy' which has criminal connotations. Therefore, not a great choice imo.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Exactly this. I'm of Jamaican heritage so to me, it's a name for older West Indian men or it's short for 'rude boy' which has criminal connotations. Therefore, not a great choice imo.
Since reading that I have Rhianna's 'Rude boy' on a loop in my head. Not a great choice, for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have to admit I like it. I wouldn’t choose it, but as someone else said it’s unusual/striking but established and normal enough not to raise eyebrows. I find it quite characterful.

Full disclosure - I initially sucked my teeth a little at “Grey”, but I actually think it sounds quite charming with the surname. Makes me think of the willowy gay sister of some Flapper era biscuit heir. I’ve always been a James or Sophie sort of girl, baby name wise, but no hate from me on LP’s name choices.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Grey sounds like it should be Grace to me, but she’s too lazy to say the rest of the name.

She does shorten a lot of words though - kinda, sorta etc

Reactions: 8
I feel sorry for Rudy l because in the same way her pregnancy with him was uninteresting to her I think each milestone for him will be uninteresting to her as she's already done this all before with Grey

Reactions: 13
Ralph and Rudy sounds like a movie about two Alzheimer’s patients escaping from a nursing home.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Not been on Tattle for a while only to come back and find out Lily’s kid is called Rudy. 😂 Thanks to this I’ve had this atrocious highlight of German music history stuck in my head while catching up with this thread:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Anna is so insincere. So fake and OTT. She's that friend who'll be nice to your face and then witch about you behind your back. I know I've already said this once or twice before... 😃
Just came on here to say here to say that… such a fake ass witch. I dislike Lily but at least she’s just a moan - Anna is a snide snake

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm going to have a guess at Rudy Blue as his full name.

Agree this is probably a compromise because Rich vetoed the likes of Teddy, Wolf and Leo (short for Lionel).

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Absolutely adorable baby, but RUDY? Really?

Where I live, "the rudies" means sex. To have a "rudy" with someone means, well, you get the idea.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Not been on Tattle for a while only to come back and find out Lily’s kid is called Rudy. 😂 Thanks to this I’ve had this atrocious highlight of German music history stuck in my head while catching up with this thread:
Thank you, now I have a half drunk soccer fan in my head screaming EIN RUDI VÖLLER, ES GIBT NUR EIN RUDI VÖLLER, EIN RUDI VÖÖÖÖLLLER 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.