Lily Pebbles #30 I’m not sure what my contribution is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It says alot that Lily's farewell video hasn't hit six digits and has basically the same viewing numbers as Anna's recent video that she uploaded on Sunday. I have a feeling both these slugs (Anna and Lily) are ok with where they are and have no desire to increase their viewers.
More like they know they can’t. Around Grey’s birth Lily had 493K+ subscribers. Now she has 479K. Means over 14K people have actively decided to go and click unsubscribe. Don’t get me started on the views (she hasn’t reached 6 digits in nearly five months). She’s only going down from here and she knows it. There’s no going back.

Reactions: 20
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, I didn’t have time to read yesterday: can I just say how much I loved Lily’s tile story where she said, “I’m going to use white grout so the pattern is more subtle.” … Mate, you aren’t tiling the bathroom yourself! Stop trying to make it appear as though you are able to do anything useful or independent of help 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, I didn’t have time to read yesterday: can I just say how much I loved Lily’s tile story where she said, “I’m going to use white grout so the pattern is more subtle.” … Mate, you aren’t tiling the bathroom yourself! Stop trying to make it appear as though you are able to do anything useful or independent of help 😂
Reminds me of the reno where she said "I am very hands on", just because she turned up everyday and chose from a selection of ad/ pr gifted paints and tiles. How hands on can you be if someone else is doing literally everything? She even had a project manager!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Woah! I didn’t know she had a project manager, but it all makes sense now. There’s no way she could have filled that off / organized it herself.
Still makes me question all her continuous last minute choices and “oh! I need tiles, the tiler is coming tomorrow!”

Reactions: 9
More like they know they can’t. Around Grey’s birth Lily had 493K+ subscribers. Now she has 479K. Means over 14K people have actively decided to go and click unsubscribe. Don’t get me started on the views (she hasn’t reached 6 digits in nearly five months). She’s only going down from here and she knows it. There’s no going back.
I'm so confused why she didn't take this opportunity to make more pregnancy content. I know she's done it all before but it's probably what a lot of her audience would've found interesting.

Reactions: 8
I'm so confused why she didn't take this opportunity to make more pregnancy content. I know she's done it all before but it's probably what a lot of her audience would've found interesting.
Because she’s not a regular mum, she’s a cool mum.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I remember someone in the publishing industry getting into a spat with Lily a few years ago about her free sofa and how influencers manipulate their audience & the nature of their ‘work’ to justify the grift.

the last few posts made me remember it all because the person (Claire Maxwell) articulated the issue well - there was a blog post wrote a blog post I enjoyed revisiting: https://ithinkijustbloggedmyself.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/the-murky-world-of-online-influence/

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 74
I remember someone in the publishing industry getting into a spat with Lily a few years ago about her free sofa and how influencers manipulate their audience & the nature of their ‘work’ to justify the grift.

the last few posts made me remember it all because the person (Claire Maxwell) articulated the issue well - there was a blog post wrote a blog post I enjoyed revisiting: https://ithinkijustbloggedmyself.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/the-murky-world-of-online-influence/
This quote from the blog is spot on: "As journalist Laura Jane Williams puts it: “For me, the cornerstone of every upload is that it must inform or entertain. I call that “value for follow”, because informing or entertaining means you are giving something to your community. If you’re gifted a new kitchen, there should be a way to make your gift of value to the community you’ve grown – after all, it’s been gifted because of them. Get them a discount code or opportunity to win as part of the gift and explain what you chose to spend time and focus on, or where you thought it was okay to cut corners or how you decided to allocate budget. It takes four times as long to craft content that does this, but when it is literally your job, that should be a non-issue.”"

The problem is that almost all influencers have become way too lazy to do any of this, they have worked out that they can make (big) money by doing the bare minimum for their viewers.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Yeah, theres a lack of discounts for readers and followers these days, it’s so lazy.

Reactions: 10

This needs an applause button 👏

This quote from the blog is spot on: "As journalist Laura Jane Williams puts it: “For me, the cornerstone of every upload is that it must inform or entertain. I call that “value for follow”, because informing or entertaining means you are giving something to your community. If you’re gifted a new kitchen, there should be a way to make your gift of value to the community you’ve grown – after all, it’s been gifted because of them. Get them a discount code or opportunity to win as part of the gift and explain what you chose to spend time and focus on, or where you thought it was okay to cut corners or how you decided to allocate budget. It takes four times as long to craft content that does this, but when it is literally your job, that should be a non-issue.”"

The problem is that almost all influencers have become way too lazy to do any of this, they have worked out that they can make (big) money by doing the bare minimum for their viewers.
And this! 👏👏👏

Reactions: 14
It's probably just because she's lazy or, like you said, that she's done it all before, but it could also be because she's really not happy she's having a boy. She made this pretty obvious on the podcast going on about how it felt 'weird' to be having a boy, the last thing her family needs is another boy etc. She also made a point of saying that it took Rich a long time to 'get his head around' the fact she was pregnant again. I found that strange since they'd been actively trying for a baby.

Then again, I think their marriage is dead in the water. There's no spark between them whatsoever. The only reason they're having another baby is because it was on Lily's 2021 to-do list and she insisted on it.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Simple, because her idol Liaranna rarely do any pregnancy content so she copy her

Reactions: 7
Simple, because her idol Liaranna rarely do any pregnancy content so she copy her
I wondered if it was because she regretted going down the pregnancy/Mummy content route, but then she still has to mention being pregnant every five minutes on her stories?! So who knows...

Reactions: 9
This needs an applause button 👏

And this! 👏👏👏
So in her 'honest' Q&A video from last year she talked about this and how she felt ok with encouraging consumerism because she provided entertainment value to her audience - she seems to have a very loose definition of what is considered 'entertainment'.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Just watched JoJo's stories and two things made me LOL/EYE ROLL. Firstly she talks about popping into her local 'paint shop' and then goes onto name the shop which is in Muswell Hill NOT Bounds Green where she lives. Local paint shop for Bounds Green would be home base off the A406 - seems like stretching the truth re: area you live in is something both her and Lily do.

The next thing was that the kitchen company recommended she use 'Mylands' paint which she'd 'never heard of' - hmmmmm your sister has had her kitchen painted twice in as many years from that paint company? So is JoJo on the beg (granted she didn't tag but was asking for recommendations as to where to find this specific paint?) She MUST know that Lily used it or at least how to google to find a supplier?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Just watched JoJo's stories and two things made me LOL/EYE ROLL. Firstly she talks about popping into her local 'paint shop' and then goes onto name the shop which is in Muswell Hill NOT Bounds Green where she lives. Local paint shop for Bounds Green would be home base off the A406 - seems like stretching the truth re: area you live in is something both her and Lily do.

The next thing was that the kitchen company recommended she use 'Mylands' paint which she'd 'never heard of' - hmmmmm your sister has had her kitchen painted twice in as many years from that paint company? So is JoJo on the beg (granted she didn't tag but was asking for recommendations as to where to find this specific paint?) She MUST know that Lily used it or at least how to google to find a supplier?
She renovated two houses and have not heard of myland paint. Is Bounds Green a cave?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Do the sisters not actually talk? So many times Lily has come out with 'nobody told me' stories about parenting that are common knowledge and surely her sister could have told her about, and now her sister has no idea about the paint Lily has used... so strange.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.