Lily Pebbles #30 I’m not sure what my contribution is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This ones bad. I didn’t think the pregnancy one was too terrible, but this one the shadowing just draws your eyes straight to her crotch 😂
Lol! I think the sloppy crotch shot is awful. I was surprised she posted it for everyone to see. Like, save it for the private photo album. Also, someone on Anna's thread said that this looks like it was taken right after Anna had, erm, pleasured herself...so that comment is now what I think of when I see it!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I think not as she’s so against showing off her Jewish heritage.

But also she has said she didn’t grow up in a particularly religious household, so potentially that means things like Hanukkah weren’t a huge part of her family traditions. And we all know that lily won’t do anything her family doesn’t do…
They are not religious, but still very traditional Jewish family culturally. So yeah, she grew up with Hanukkah.

Oh my god I literally just choked on my coffee laughing at this 😂 I can't believe she's left it up on her insta. What an unfortunate photo 😂😂😂
Not just HER insta, she did this as a job for a brand and the brand used this pic for ad campaign too 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think it’s quite sad and disappointing she has blatantly fallen into the ‘look how skinny I am after having a baby very recently’ thing. I thought she was better than that, no idea why!

Reactions: 22
I think it’s quite sad and disappointing she has blatantly fallen into the ‘look how skinny I am after having a baby very recently’ thing. I thought she was better than that, no idea why!
I don’t know how to feel about this, mostly because I am very jealous as it took me a LONG time to lose all the weight (18 months) and I really struggled with body image. But I don’t think it’s another woman’s responsibility to make me feel better about myself. I think I would also be very proud and happy if I managed to lose all the weight (and more) in 5 months so kuddos to Anna. Also, I would pick Anna’s bragging about her body over Lily’s “keeping it real” and horrendous selfies any day!

Reactions: 32
I don’t know how to feel about this, mostly because I am very jealous as it took me a LONG time to lose all the weight (18 months) and I really struggled with body image. But I don’t think it’s another woman’s responsibility to make me feel better about myself. I think I would also be very proud and happy if I managed to lose all the weight (and more) in 5 months so kuddos to Anna. Also, I would pick Anna’s bragging about her body over Lily’s “keeping it real” and horrendous selfies any day!
Weight loss as something to be proud and happy about, especially as a new mum, sounds a bit sad really. Why bother fitting into unrealistic toxic beauty standards? Is there nothing more important than looking a certain way?

Reactions: 14
Weight loss as something to be proud and happy about, especially as a new mum, sounds a bit sad really. Why bother fitting into unrealistic toxic beauty standards? Is there nothing more important than looking a certain way?
But why is it toxic and unrealistic? Most of my friends lost all the weight within 2 months after giving birth. I’m not saying everyone should and I definitely wish I had been kinder to myself and my body when it didn’t happen so fast for me, but I don’t think we should shame women for caring about what they look like during or after pregnancy. I was quite shocked by how much I cared about gaining weight during pregnancy myself and again, felt ashamed about that. I think everybody should do what makes them happy. I am much happier now that I am at my pre-baby weight again and it took me some time to just admit to myself that it’s ok to care about my looks and weight, even after having a baby. To each their own I guess 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I agree and it's really sad. I am Jewish and look 'other'. I can straighten my hair all I want (which I don't lol) but my whole life people have been asking me 'where are you from?'. People usually guess Greek, Turkish, Arabic or occasionally Moroccan.
Same!

I would love it if Lily mentioned her Judaism more, but she's probably (justifiably) scared of backlash.

Reactions: 10
I think Lily’s main issue is that brands have NOT walked from Anna, which Lily said had happened to her from the moment she mentioned she was pregnant. Sure, perhaps Anna took a more strategic approach to make sure this wouldn’t happen to her. But Anna certainly did not hide her pregnancy.
Well, she tried for about 20 weeks. In the end it was just too obvious to hide though and obviously you have to come out at one point of you want to continue the full body photos. She didn’t do vlogs laying on the sofa miserably and I agree she obviously knew she didn’t want to go down the mummy YouTube route and was/is pretty strategic. I mean, she is not exactly hiding his existence but Ralph is not carrying her content (for now).

Reactions: 13
Why do people keep saying that Anna lost the weight in five months? I thought she gave birth in mid/late August.
I think it’s irrelevant actually. She looks how she looks and seems happy and content. That’s the ideal isn’t it? No matter if she is slimmer, the same or bigger. If Lily would be happy with her looks that would be great too. It’s a bit strange to be annoyed that Lily isn’t doing anything to stay fit but than being annoyed someone else does? (Not aimed at you)

Reactions: 16
Well, she tried for about 20 weeks. In the end it was just too obvious to hide though and obviously you have to come out at one point of you want to continue the full body photos. She didn’t do vlogs laying on the sofa miserably and I agree she obviously knew she didn’t want to go down the mummy YouTube route and was/is pretty strategic. I mean, she is not exactly hiding his existence but Ralph is not carrying her content (for now).
Yes, but that’s exactly what I mean. She has picked it up where she left off, like anybody else returning to work after having a baby.

Hiding her pregnancy in the beginning is something a lot of people do at work, but I think she also did that to keep her due date vague, she has also made it a point to not make the date of birth public. I think that’s more to do with privacy than with brand deals.

Reactions: 11
But why is it toxic and unrealistic? Most of my friends lost all the weight within 2 months after giving birth. I’m not saying everyone should and I definitely wish I had been kinder to myself and my body when it didn’t happen so fast for me, but I don’t think we should shame women for caring about what they look like during or after pregnancy. I was quite shocked by how much I cared about gaining weight during pregnancy myself and again, felt ashamed about that. I think everybody should do what makes them happy. I am much happier now that I am at my pre-baby weight again and it took me some time to just admit to myself that it’s ok to care about my looks and weight, even after having a baby. To each their own I guess 😊
Couldn’t agree more - it’s getting really tired. ‘Existing at lower weight’ is not bragging. I lost all my baby weight in about four months (and I gained about three stone), because I worked my arse off. If someone else wants to do the same thing, fine, and if they don’t, also fine - everyone should do exactly whatever the duck they want. Really don’t see what’s ‘toxic’ about wanting to recognise yourself after you have a baby, personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
having a baby doesn’t automatically mean you stay fat and out of shape 😂 some people still wanna look good…

anyway. I noticed Lily’s sister thinks stairs are “clever” in her latest post… 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Couldn’t agree more - it’s getting really tired. ‘Existing at lower weight’ is not bragging. I lost all my baby weight in about four months (and I gained about three stone), because I worked my arse off. If someone else wants to do the same thing, fine, and if they don’t, also fine - everyone should do exactly whatever the duck they want. Really don’t see what’s ‘toxic’ about wanting to recognise yourself after you have a baby, personally.
I had an ED in my teens/twenties partly brought on by constant comments on my weight as a child and being compared to others. I've not managed to shift my post baby weight despite working my arse off (gym 2 x a week, swim 1 x week and run x 2 a week) and so seeing a post like Anna's does trigger me. Sometimes it's not that a person hasn't worked hard enough to shift their weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I had an ED in my teens/twenties partly brought on by constant comments on my weight as a child and being compared to others. I've not managed to shift my post baby weight despite working my arse off (gym 2 x a week, swim 1 x week and run x 2 a week) and so seeing a post like Anna's does trigger me. Sometimes it's not that a person hasn't worked hard enough to shift their weight.
Sure, I completely agree it's not a matter of just if someone has 'worked hard', but your triggers aren't Anna's responsibility. And if I were Anna reading your message that a post of me just existing at my weight was triggering that also wouldn't feel great.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.