Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

putsimply

Used to love following Kate - enjoy her lifestyle and interiors and have do so for many years.

She’s been insanely grabby recently - every bloody story is an #ad. I must have been in a bad mood the other night as I messaged her to say that I appreciate she is having a baby and needs to earn a living, but why is every story now an ad? Doesn’t come across as very authentic!

Her response? ‘Just unfollow me you clown’. Blown away as didn’t think she’d be so immature. I mean, surely, someone like her who hosts Scottish home of the year, has thicker skin than this?

She also went on to say that her friend had booked me for her wedding and she would make sure she knew about our conversation. 🤷‍♀️

I have my photography page linked to my personal bio but due to personal circumstances, I’m taking a year or two off. So her little supposed dig at me didn’t quite work out did it?

She’s since blocked me 🤣

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39

Underpants

Money makes such a difference. If you needn't cook, clean or look after other kids, if you have a newborn that sleeps in a thousand pound crib that rocks them to sleep... If you still get to have nights out and people send you thousands of pounds of free products and you go on free holidays... If you don't have to worry about your employer illegally dismissing you on maternity leave... And on top of that your other half takes the baby for several hours a day... It sounds like a piece of piss.

Reactions: 29

refinnej2411

Treated herself to a £350 coat?!! When my little one was that age I was lucky if I was able to afford a takeaway coffee on my statutory maternity pay. She’s so out of touch now it’s embarrassing I used to really like her but just can’t see past the money grabbing now. She definitely has a shopping addiction!

Reactions: 27

bellbells16

VIP Member
I dunno, I kinda call BS on her claiming it’s all so easy. She has disappeared for days at a time since having the baby and then just pops back. It’s v easy to make things look a certain way with Insta. As much as I like Kate, she’s not very good at admitting when things aren’t great with her, which is her right I guess, but misleading when she always acts like things are sunshine and ponies.

timefortea82

New to the thread. Just saw the ad for one of the delivery meal services. Bloody hell, the portion size is microscopic! 😧
it was the comment about having ‘busy lives’ that ended me. Hard fucking knock life it is when you go for a walk, read a book and buy endless fucking peonies every day.

• Haha

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
She has furnished several flats, but now has no idea where to start looking for a sofa?! Ugh. She's unbelievable!

She never used to be like this. She wasn't this blatant, at least. I'm sure she actually bought one of her sofas (pink sofa) second-hand.

I used to find Kate pretty inoffensive, but I'm finding her more and more insufferable by the day now.

Did she delete the story where she listed the sofa recs? I don't see it. Maybe one of the tagged brands reached out already and #kindlygifted her a free sofa 🤢

Reactions: 26
As a relatively new mum I hate all this picture perfect content. Even at 9 months I still can’t fit in a timely hair wash, and she’s arranging her skin care wardrobe 😒 makes me wonder where I’m going wrong.

Reactions: 25

DeloresBawbag

VIP Member
I actually think it’s very lovely of her to share a few personal snaps like this. I’m fighting with myself a bit, because I loathe it when influencers exploit their kids for attention and freebies. But with a new baby it feels like a genuine sharing of joy. Hitting the right note here for me anyway!

Reactions: 25

Missmarplesknitting

Got to laugh at the recent stories. She's going to upload all her clothes into an app to then decide what she's going to wear that day🤣🤣🤣. Recommended from the annaedit. Both of these women have more time on their hands than any new mothers could dream of and both with unemployed partners to help. She's also treated herself to some Gucci loafers as they are durable 🤣🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

jazzmonster

Chatty Member
“Lifestyle”, my arse. It’s always the same pictures of her shelves groaning under random crap and other surfaces of her flat with little heaps of crap on, and her fake smirking in pastel clothes in front of little still lives of crap. It’s like she has the same three photos on endless rotation.

OppositeFeature

Chatty Member
I had no idea Kate had a thread on here!

I used to love her insta and blog but she's so bland these days. I'm sure she's got her struggles but acting like you're busy and working so hard to take pictures of your apartment over and over again and to pose with flowers/book/a drink can't be that overwhelming.

I also find their new apartment SORRY TENEMENT slightly over-done at this point but also super impractical? I like the big green/sage shelves in the living room but I can't stand how the coffee table always has so much stuff on it, how the bathroom (although fairly uplifting with the colours) has no practical storage for products or things and is more about the ~aesthetic~ and same for the kitchen. I'm not a slob by any means but my skincare bottles get wet/soapy/product on them and I would hate to imagine the stains/rings they leave on that wood ledge in the bathroom. In the kitchen the space is so badly arranged in my opinion and not practical at all. I also really don't see why she'd rip out an extractor above the stove (and move the stove) if there was one already installed. I loved that little breakfast nook they had in the old flat under the kitchen window but in this apartment they've chosen to put a long table awkwardly against the LR wall which I find strange too.

Did anyone see their 'office room' a couple of days ago? That sad little desk that Jordan is recording music at is so impractical. As is hers but okay she doesn't seem to do much 'work' as such. But get some more practical chairs and a proper desk! You can do an office space that's still ~aesthetic~ and practical if that's what you're after. She could search 'boho chic office' on Pinterest and have 100 options. Maybe I'm overly sensitive after a year of WFH but I really hate seeing influencers' 'offices' consist of a tiny cute make up table-turned desk with a velvet/rattan chair at it. That's not a practical or ergonomic way to work at alllll and if you have the means to buy proper equipment you would if you were actually working as hard as all these influencers claim to work. So whenever I see these types of sets up I just know their idea of work is editing 20 selfies, sending 20 emails as replies to 'yes free products pls' and then maybe typing a half-assed blog post on your 'goals' and 'to do' for the month.

Lol this got long 🙃 sorry. Guess I needed to vent since the last time I talked about her was probably 4 years ago on GG haha.

I do think she has potential and could find a niche but soooo entitled and lazy imo. Driving off for walks with your husband in the middle of the workday and then saying you've been sooooo busy! jeez.

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Omg imagine being caught lying like that!! Liar liar pants on fire Kate 🤣🤣🤣
Makes you wonder what else she fibs about, if it comes that easily?

As ever fascinating she would rather her follower count drop than receiving genuine, articulate feedback. Would it have killed her to say ‘I have definitely been feathering my nest due to upcoming mat leave, totally understand if you want to unfollow’
They want it both ways 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 22

ECH

VIP Member
I can't with her saying that Glasgow was 'too big' but they were looking to move to London

• Haha
  • Wow

Peachy9

VIP Member
What else is she going to do with her life?
Read another 34556888000 books, have a bath, water her plants, fawn over her average looking husband, make a cocktail, create a whole personality around owning cats, rearrange her shelves, remind everyone that's she's on TV (has anyone ever actually watched that show?) try and pretend she has some sort of personality, write a 'to do list' that is basically a list of what other people fit into their lunch break 🤷

• Haha

DeloresBawbag

VIP Member
I think it was quite brave of her to be honest and say how her content has been rubbish for a couple of years. She’s still pulling in decent brands, but you have to wonder how her engagement and clicks are going when it’s been such a sustained period of zzzzzz. I can’t even remember why I followed her now.

The blog post didn’t really share much, but it was quite chatty about the challenges of moving house, which is relatable ish, cos it sure is hard work loving house with kid - but they have no corporate masters or demanding shift patterns, so that still came across as being a wee bit whiny princess. Sometimes I think she completely forgets how normal people live, and how much easier their day to day lives are.

Leaving Glasgow because it was too big. To move to London???! She knew as soon as she was pregnant that she had to leave Glasgow? I find all that a bit odd tbh. She laboured the fact that Jordan has never lived anywhere else, which again, made the epic move seemingly at odds with that.

It certainly sounds like it was lifestyle factors that made them want to leave, so basically more independent shops and expensive jumper wearing mummies with Gucci loafers that can’t walk round the block without buying a coffee. I feel like she’s become a parody of herself now, and it’s a shame. I found her so likeable and lovely before.

I hate to say it but I only follow her now to chortle at her clothes 🙁

Reactions: 21

openbook1

VIP Member
You know her daily goals normally make me laugh but does she have any idea how her life sounds. How can she feel fulfilled?
You don't. I have a life like Kate's. I got let go a few years ago and my city was hit hard by a downturn. I am still unemployed, thankfully my husband has a good well paying job but what if something was to happen? My point is, there's only so many times you can go to the gym, bake, read etc in a week. You start to feel worthless pretty fast. I felt quite depressed and have been applying for volunteer roles to at least get out and contribute to something.
OK Kate is an "influencer" but it isn't a busy job. I'm not Kate but I actually felt quite ashamed about my situation. From the outside I seem to have a lovely life but it is actually lonely and unfulfilled. It takes a lot to admit that.

• Heart

wonderstruck

Soooo in the space of one month she’s bought the Gucci gold heels (plus the loafers), the Manolo heels, and now a pair of Loeffler Randall heels for her bday (presumably just because they’re called ‘Dahlia’). Sure, I can see the logic in saving up and having a splurge, but in the middle of a cost of living crisis, that’s just obscene and out of touch.

I have never once been influenced to buy any of the designer items she shows off. I mean, most of it is hideous anyway (like that fluffy bag that looks like a dead rabbit). But I do miss the ASOS, Vans and New Look outfits. That’s actually why I followed her 🤷🏼‍♀️