Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we could see her hang out with Zoe and Anna. They are besties these days even though they never seemed to be friends before they had kids. Poppy Deyes also left a comment on her photo, so I can definitely see her meeting up with that crowd.

Reactions: 6
kate alienated herself from the influencer crowd because she's always seen herself as better than them...... and now she's moving to brighton, which is something they all did years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
kate alienated herself from the influencer crowd because she's always seen herself as better than them...... and now she's moving to brighton, which is something they all did years ago.
Yeah, it does seem like a bit of a strange move for her. She won't be able to escape the influencer crowd now, haha! I wonder if she'll share the reasons behind the move in a blog post.

Reactions: 1
I think we could see her hang out with Zoe and Anna. They are besties these days even though they never seemed to be friends before they had kids. Poppy Deyes also left a comment on her photo, so I can definitely see her meeting up with that crowd.
Zoe never leaves the house unless it’s with the Deyes gang and never takes Ottie out alone so I strongly doubt it tbh

Reactions: 2
I saw Zoe sugg and Anna commented on her pic about moving. I wonder did she have any mom friends in Glasgow? If not, maybe she'll hang with them.
God I hope whatever Kate does, she won't be taking interior design tips from Anna and Mark :eek: not that I always found Kate's taste amazing, but Anna's house (or what we've seen of it) is the worst.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I could see Kate in somewhere like Margate, if she desperately wants to move to the south of England. But Brighton??? Soooooo weird.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if she feels like she misses out on events and bigger brand collabs having been in Scotland, and now being in Brighton she would be more 'accessible'?

Easy way to save a shitton of moneys for the kid and also to make future easier.

Curious to see how long it takes until she starts showing us her decorating and interiors...

Reactions: 3
To be fair, I am curious about their house here. They've only lived in tenements until now, so I wonder what their house in Brighton will be like.

Reactions: 6
To be fair, I am curious about their house here. They've only lived in tenements until now, so I wonder what their house in Brighton will be like.
Just been reading her blog post about it. Says they aren't in their forever home yet. Wondering if that means they are renting, or if they've bought something to do up and sell on?

her blog post was a nice read but I did feel she really glossed over how much privilege she has and instead went with the "we worked really hard to make our dreams happen" narrative. I mean, sure. I don't doubt you "worked hard"..... but you also had a lot of help to get there.

I'm wondering what their dream home looks like if selling two properties wasn't enough???

I'm wondering what their dream home looks like if selling two properties wasn't enough???
I’m sure it’s nice but I suspect it’s more of a reflection of the difference between the housing markets - 2 flats in Glasgow = a family house in Brighton.

Reactions: 8
I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s prioritised a more central location over the property itself for now, to make the most of everything Brighton has to offer. And then her forever home will be something grander but further out where you get more for your money.
Plus it’s all just a huge pipeline of never ending reno content for her isn’t it, keeps the beast that is the Instagram algorithm well fed.

Reactions: 12
I can't with her saying that Glasgow was 'too big' but they were looking to move to London

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I think it was quite brave of her to be honest and say how her content has been rubbish for a couple of years. She’s still pulling in decent brands, but you have to wonder how her engagement and clicks are going when it’s been such a sustained period of zzzzzz. I can’t even remember why I followed her now.

The blog post didn’t really share much, but it was quite chatty about the challenges of moving house, which is relatable ish, cos it sure is hard work loving house with kid - but they have no corporate masters or demanding shift patterns, so that still came across as being a wee bit whiny princess. Sometimes I think she completely forgets how normal people live, and how much easier their day to day lives are.

Leaving Glasgow because it was too big. To move to London???! She knew as soon as she was pregnant that she had to leave Glasgow? I find all that a bit odd tbh. She laboured the fact that Jordan has never lived anywhere else, which again, made the epic move seemingly at odds with that.

It certainly sounds like it was lifestyle factors that made them want to leave, so basically more independent shops and expensive jumper wearing mummies with Gucci loafers that can’t walk round the block without buying a coffee. I feel like she’s become a parody of herself now, and it’s a shame. I found her so likeable and lovely before.

I hate to say it but I only follow her now to chortle at her clothes 🙁

Reactions: 21
I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s prioritised a more central location over the property itself for now, to make the most of everything Brighton has to offer. And then her forever home will be something grander but further out where you get more for your money.
Plus it’s all just a huge pipeline of never ending reno content for her isn’t it, keeps the beast that is the Instagram algorithm well fed.
Maybe she'll follow Anna's lead and move 2 towns over from Brighton to afford a grander house, but pretend like she still lives in Brighton.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
As someone who lives in Glasgow, I can’t ever imagine describing it as “too big”. It’s laughable.

As someone who lives in Glasgow, I can’t ever imagine describing it as “too big”. It’s laughable.
Exactly! She may as well have just said she needed more wanky lifestyle living with dreamy weather and dreamy architecture and gorgy shops than either the south side or west end of Glasgow could deliver. She’s basically outgrown all the wank that Glasgow can offer. It can be pretty wanky tbh, so this is a mighty achievement!

Chasing ‘lifestyle living’ seems so ephemeral and shallow. And annoying as she has been lately, I never felt that she was quite so bad as that. Perhaps there’s more to the move that she has not shared? Surely nobody moves their family to the other end of the country cos there’s a better selection of cute coffee shops and boujie boutiques?

Reactions: 13
84109F4B-6D4C-4C2C-878C-00FB0D31EFAE.png
What is with these bent leg shots? It looks so awkward and posed 😂 Just stand normally? She keeps doing it

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.