Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s more the whole set up that is pampering. For most mums, they’re on mat leave at this point while their partner is at work. That’s where a lot of familial inequalities are baked in.

Obviously it’s better now in some industries where shared parental leave is encouraged, but I can’t think of a single ‘normal’ family with a baby under 6 months, where both parents are home full time and sharing care. Being a hands on dad doesn’t usually mean availability 24/7.

If that is their set up, then good for her! But it’s entirely fair to point out that in comparison to most mums at the same stage in motherhood, Kate’s experience is very different.
Agreed, life with my baby is relatively easy at the weekend when there’s two of us. Most of us do not have the luxury of having that all the time and I’m sure it does make it easier to be ‘here for the lols’ 🤢

Reactions: 2
If that is their set up, then good for her! But it’s entirely fair to point out that in comparison to most mums at the same stage in motherhood, Kate’s experience is very different.
yes but that wasn't what the person who I quoted was doing. they were being incredibly sexist. saying Kate is "pampered" because her partner can take on the childcare.

totally fair to point out that kate has it much "easier" in terms of her home and work life. her and her partner can be at home looking after hte baby not having to worry about money. but just because her partner does a lot of the childcare (by the looks of it) doesn't mean she's pampered! that's just basic parenting. you're right that not many people get to enjoy that privilege but I don't think that makes kate "pampered." privileged, hell yes!

Reactions: 4
yes but that wasn't what the person who I quoted was doing. they were being incredibly sexist. saying Kate is "pampered" because her partner can take on the childcare.

totally fair to point out that kate has it much "easier" in terms of her home and work life. her and her partner can be at home looking after hte baby not having to worry about money. but just because her partner does a lot of the childcare (by the looks of it) doesn't mean she's pampered! that's just basic parenting. you're right that not many people get to enjoy that privilege but I don't think that makes kate "pampered." privileged, hell yes!
Sorry do u have kids? 🤔
Most mums do not have the luxary of a dad who is at home taking care of baby. Most mums of new borns r frazzled tbh. Lucky her for her set up and finding motherhood so easy but not relatable to 99% of new mums.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sorry do u have kids? 🤔
Most mums do not have the luxary of a dad who is at home taking care of baby. Most mums of new borns r frazzled tbh. Lucky her for her set up and finding motherhood so easy but not relatable to 99% of new mums.
No I agree, it's not relatable. But not being relatable doesn't mean someone is pampered. That was my point.

Everyone should be able to spend time with their newborn. Most people don't. But I'm not going to criticise someone when they do have that privilege.

Reactions: 7
Did she take a different coat for every day of the trip? Wonder how much that cost in luggage 😂

Reactions: 6
I think it’s safe to say Kate’s lifestyle is very very pampered! Irrespective of who is doing the childcare!

Reactions: 18
It annoys me how little activity there is on this thread 😅 There’s so much to say.

• Haha
She paints a very rosy, idyllic picture of a hipster southside maw. Brunches, coffee and walks in Queens Park.

Just seems very unrealistic. I know Instagram is a highlight reel but if I'd have seen that at 3 months in with my first, I'd have felt like I was a slummy maw. Tbf, I already did feel like that when I turned up to the first time mum group in east ren cause I didn't drive a big car, live in the posher areas and wasn't all dressed up.

Reactions: 16
It annoys me how little activity there is on this thread 😅 There’s so much to say.
I always want to moan about her but i feel like I might just be bitter because I struggle to get my teeth brushed and get out to Tesco with my baby and do not want to see her swanning about Paris 😂 I should just unfollow really.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m struggling to remember why I liked her. Was it always like this, with the constant skincare ads, never ending new jumpers and coats, interspersed with shelf styling and latte froth pics?

The baby content is completely aimed at attracting brands. She’s not daft, she knows nobody is finding it authentic or relatable - but it is very appealing to brands.

Reactions: 10
So happy for Kate, poor girl doesn’t have many clothes or shoes and is really deserving of a pair of €395 shoes. She DEFINITELY needed them and I’m DEFINITELY not being sarcastic.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Soooo in the space of one month she’s bought the Gucci gold heels (plus the loafers), the Manolo heels, and now a pair of Loeffler Randall heels for her bday (presumably just because they’re called ‘Dahlia’). Sure, I can see the logic in saving up and having a splurge, but in the middle of a cost of living crisis, that’s just obscene and out of touch.

I have never once been influenced to buy any of the designer items she shows off. I mean, most of it is hideous anyway (like that fluffy bag that looks like a dead rabbit). But I do miss the ASOS, Vans and New Look outfits. That’s actually why I followed her 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 21
So happy for Kate, poor girl doesn’t have many clothes or shoes and is really deserving of a pair of €395 shoes. She DEFINITELY needed them and I’m DEFINITELY not being sarcastic.
Where is Jordie getting the funds to buy her a pair of €395 shoes when he doesn't actually do anything these days? He even quit his coffee shop hobby. Is she paying and saying it's from him? Does she give him an allowance so that he can buy her gifts?

Reactions: 12
Not being funny but where does she plan on wearing these things to :LOL: or are they just for the gram?

Reactions: 6
I really just need to unfollow her now, as she’s just infuriating! Morning routine with the baby nowhere to be seen is so unrealistic 🙄

I’m also thinking it’s time to unfollow. My baby is about two months older and feel like she’s just putting on a show of how perfect things are. Today was my first day of day care drop off + getting myself to work and its nothing close to perfect and I don’t want it to be either! I grew up with a mum who demanded perfection and it’s messed me up. Don’t want to emulate that same thing because nothings perfect.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m also thinking it’s time to unfollow. My baby is about two months older and feel like she’s just putting on a show of how perfect things are. Today was my first day of day care drop off + getting myself to work and its nothing close to perfect and I don’t want it to be either! I grew up with a mum who demanded perfection and it’s messed me up. Don’t want to emulate that same thing because nothings perfect.
My little one is nearly 2 and my mornings still don’t look like Kate’s little show. Good for her, having Jordan around to care for the baby while she does all of her pampering, but that’s not reality for the majority of parents, and she’s really alienating people by documenting her life this way. I’d really respect her more if she just showed a bit of the messy reality.

I hope your return to work is going well!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.