Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she actually talks to her pals this way. They must have normal jobs and lifes. Do you reckon they laugh with her about how writing a list of her goals constitutes a days work. I don't believe we all need to be a slave to work but it's embarrassing that that's her life.

Reactions: 5
You know her daily goals normally make me laugh but does she have any idea how her life sounds. How can she feel fulfilled?
You don't. I have a life like Kate's. I got let go a few years ago and my city was hit hard by a downturn. I am still unemployed, thankfully my husband has a good well paying job but what if something was to happen? My point is, there's only so many times you can go to the gym, bake, read etc in a week. You start to feel worthless pretty fast. I felt quite depressed and have been applying for volunteer roles to at least get out and contribute to something.
OK Kate is an "influencer" but it isn't a busy job. I'm not Kate but I actually felt quite ashamed about my situation. From the outside I seem to have a lovely life but it is actually lonely and unfulfilled. It takes a lot to admit that.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Don't feel ashamed. We all have these views and expectations of ourselves, what and who we should be and it's all rubbish.

The fact you are wanting to do more and volunteer is amazing. I bet you'll feel far more fulfilled than Kate does pretending she's busy. She really believes she leads a busy life and I seriously doubt she'd ever consider doing the same.

Reactions: 13
I think I’m going to unfollow her, she’s winding me up and making people feel crap.

Reactions: 6
I personally don't think she will get a very big following on TikTok. The followers that she does have would have just been from her constant link sharing on IG. Her sense of humour is too niche (aka dull AF 😆). She is also too posy for the app, TT is more raw and spontaneous, everything with her is far too contrived.

Reactions: 8
Do you journal daily???? No, we all have too much daily stuff to do that doesn't involve sitting writing down our feelings. Serious question, does anyone over the age of 15 journal?

Reactions: 7
Do you journal daily???? No, we all have too much daily stuff to do that doesn't involve sitting writing down our feelings. Serious question, does anyone over the age of 15 journal?
I wouldn’t say I journal as such but I’ve had a private blog since I was about 13/14 and I write in it every day just about my thoughts and life and stuff etc. idk if that qualifies but it’s actually very lovely to look back on, I’m 22, nearly 23 now

Reactions: 4
The morning pages article is interesting and i suppose that and journals/blogs etc are away of externalsing your feelings. Some people using exercise, some meditate, some write their feelings down. Its an interesting concept and all personal to how you deal with life issues. I would go for for run, think everything through and clear my head. I would never dream of sitting down and writing these same thoughts. That would seem like a waste of time when I've got work, the dog to walk, kids clubs, dinner to make and all the other things we've all got going on.

I guess when it applies to Kate, she appears to do very little so taking time each day to journal seems amusing to me.

Reactions: 3
Planning on buying a house in 2022. I'm not sure why they bought this place if they were planning on moving so soon. They could have just stayed in the other flat until they bought a house. Maybe it's an investment that she'll keep and rent out like the other flat.

Screenshot_20211120-094609_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 6
Planning on buying a house in 2022. I'm not sure why they bought this place if they were planning on moving so soon. They could have just stayed in the other flat until they bought a house. Maybe it's an investment that she'll keep and rent out like the other flat.

View attachment 877458
Tbf I can't relate to having two properties, let alone three!! But it makes sense if you're in that position, who knows how long influencing will last.

Reactions: 4
She’s renovating her kitchen after only a year of living in the new flat!!! Seems like such a waste

She has time and money to do these things. I do understand though changing things when it just isn't working for you.
I think with her it's the aesthetics over function in the end, which makes it more wasteful imo. She's constantly redoing rooms (Swapping office to bedroom, then again back to original plan) and buying new furnitures/paint/prints to go with the new vibe.

Sure its easy content for her but in the end ngl most rooms look the same no matter what she does with them.

I feel like she wouldn't even be able to stick to a house for more than 3-5 years before wanting to get a new one to do up until she's bored.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.