Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Being organised as a parent - represented by setting up travel pouches of makeup and toiletries that she keeps topped up?

Thats an interesting take on parenting!

Reactions: 6
Stuff like this annoys me. Of course being a first time parent brings a lot of joy, but why can influencers never admit that it is hard! Days and nights are long, you’re running on very little sleep, you question every cough, rash and noise they make as it’s all so new. But no, it’s all magical and amazing and easy and chill and here for the ‘lols’ 🤢🙄 maybe it’s because she doesn’t actually do a lot of the ‘looking after’ unless she’s feeding. I always hope that influencers like this end up with the most strong willed toddlers 😂 who will bring them smack to earth with the reality of having children! They won’t always been so chill and spend 90% of their day sleeping Kate!!

View attachment 1771691
...and neither of us WORK

Reactions: 12
Whoever said about flaunting stuff like that is often a sign all is not well in terms of other aspects of life I think hit the nail on the head! I think mum life is a massive change in identity so Kate has gripped onto what used to make her feel good which is clothing and things. And my god she sure is splurging. I also suspect Jordan is doing the majority of the baby care and/or they have a doula or nanny

Reactions: 16
I find that often when people do this they are unhappy elsewhere in their life....

Maybe all is not as happy as she portrays with having a baby. Considering she was vocal about not wanting children before, I wouldn't be surprised...
I believe this. her excessive consumption and what is essentially bragging about high ticket designer purchases screams insecure to me. kate loves to portray a very happy life with no problems.... but everyone experiences ups and downs in life. totally fine if she doesn't walk to talk about it but this over sharing of her purchases is really telling IMO.

They won’t always been so chill and spend 90% of their day sleeping Kate!!
shes never going to publicly admit to struggling. she doesn't need to and it makes her life look magical and aspirational. babies are generally quite easy in the first few months. they just eat and sleep. things will get hard as her baby grows up. she won't ever admit it but there are thigns we all struggle with in life.

Reactions: 8
Yeah this is way more bragging than she’s ever done before. She used to be quite low key and I thought “fair enough she has a Gucci bag and then top shop outfit or whatever” If people can afford to treat themselves to a “big” piece then fair play to them.

Now it’s grotesque. You’ve got a kid. Save some money for them/their future? £2k impractical shoes are just ridiculous, where are you even going where you would wear them.

I agree she’s desperately trying to fill a void. I get it. I lost my identity for a while when I had a kid. Didn’t spend £10k on gaudy clothes though.

Reactions: 13
Maybe the reality of losing her mum is hitting her harder now she’s a mum herself

Reactions: 9
I can’t understand why anyone would want to make out being a new parent is chill, it’s not, it’s tough for everyone and anyone, admittedly in very varying ways. I had an “easy” baby first time round but it was still bloody tough, there were tears, life was manic. Why would she not want to connect with people on that level? I’m here for the lols in life but comments like that just don’t help struggling parents. They read that and think, tit what am I doing so wrong if other people find it easy.

Reactions: 18
Kate has always put on a very charmed front. The most honest and vulnerable she's been is when her mom died. She's never been one to complain about any mental health issues etc. If she's finding parenthood easy so far then that's good but neither of them have real fulltime jobs

Reactions: 13
Money makes such a difference. If you needn't cook, clean or look after other kids, if you have a newborn that sleeps in a thousand pound crib that rocks them to sleep... If you still get to have nights out and people send you thousands of pounds of free products and you go on free holidays... If you don't have to worry about your employer illegally dismissing you on maternity leave... And on top of that your other half takes the baby for several hours a day... It sounds like a piece of piss.

Reactions: 29
The Manolo Blahnik heels she treated herself to cost €2,250. Wow!
It’s extraordinary that she is so unaware of how privileged and out of touch she is.

I find that often when people do this they are unhappy elsewhere in their life....

Maybe all is not as happy as she portrays with having a baby. Considering she was vocal about not wanting children before, I wouldn't be surprised...
I agree! She never did this before - I feel this is a sign of her mental state since baby arrived.

Reactions: 4
Anyone popping the £225 scarf on their Christmas list? I'm sure my boyfriend wouldn't mind... Oh hang on, most people have total budgets of a fraction of that! She has no idea.

Reactions: 5
I know she has a beautiful home and big tenements are sought after and not cheap but I just can’t imagine spending thousands on clothes and accessories whilst having a baby in a (two bed?) flat in a standard area of the Southside.
Fair enough a bigger home might not make everyone happy but I just find it odd how she chooses to spend her limitless cash.

Reactions: 17
Ah, tone deaf Kate strikes again. Affiliate links for a £370 coat and a £135 advent calendar. No thanks hun think I’ll just pay my heating bill instead and maybe treat myself to £5 petrol for the car.

Reactions: 11
Ah, tone deaf Kate strikes again. Affiliate links for a £370 coat and a £135 advent calendar. No thanks hun think I’ll just pay my heating bill instead and maybe treat myself to £5 petrol for the car.
£5?? To fill my car is about $120 😱

So old//new of Kate’s and I quite liked her fashion but honestly cannot believe the prices of things she’s posting atm. I followed her maybe 6/7 years ago and got a bit bored, spotted her about 4 months ago and loved some of her items she wore but it just seems crazy all this spending! I do wonder how much she gets gifts or money off but i think she’s had about 10 new coats since I’ve followed her again!
but I’m just being nosy really, howdoes she earn her money 😳

Reactions: 2
She is raking it in.

She’s getting 6-11% of everything people buy from a retailer in 30 days from any aff link she posts. It’s huge business.

There was an influencer the other day with 400k followers who had 3,000 clicks on an aff link within a few hours of posting it 😱

Reactions: 2
£5?? To fill my car is about $120 😱
Oh no, £5 doesn’t fill the tank. It’s what I put in my car so it doesn’t break down on the way to work and because I can’t afford to fill the tank in one go! Tell me I’m not the only one who does this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh no, £5 doesn’t fill the tank. It’s what I put in my car so it doesn’t break down on the way to work and because I can’t afford to fill the tank in one go! Tell me I’m not the only one who does this 😂
we do it in £10 intervals for the same reason, I’m on maternity leave atm so my journey doesn’t exist anymore but my partner works 30-40 min away in another city so needs something in the tank

Oh man I did not anticipate gh0stparties was still around.
I loved her blog back in the good ol' days, but fell off when she turned to house reno/opening up a coffee shop for some reason.
Now, looking at her IG, she seems like any old vapid influencer. What a shame.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.