Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s a fool, there will be a burst of interest from her followers then she’s effectively priced herself out the market. All style, no substance.

Reactions: 10
I wonder if that’s why they’ve moved to Brighton… her friends who normally get them for free will now have to pay for cocktail delivery 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I guess she’s hoping rich folk will always want to buy show off drinks. And ultimately will be planning distribution through high end grocery and bottle retailers.

It’s a VERY hard sell in a cost of living crisis, so the best route to market is to get it into the baskets of people with money to burn.

The drinks do sound lovely though.

Reactions: 6
I also think it’s too high and couldn’t justify the price. If you think you would pay around £10 for a cocktail out, if I was drinking at home in a can I would expect say £5 (for a very nice one).

Reactions: 5
She’s essentially designed this drink line for herself, plus the small handful of influencers who live a similar lifestyle; wealthy, after a certain vibe, bougie in their foodie/drink preferences and think that it makes sense to pay premium for a canned cocktail because it saves you the convenience of making it at home.

Naaah, if I want a cocktail at home, I will make it fresh myself - I don‘t treat at home mixed drinks the same way I keep a couple of IPAs, a bottle or two of tonic (for a GT or other easy cocktail) or a bottle of white wine in the fridge just in case the craving or mood for one hits…

Reactions: 11
This will be like the time she did a stationary business and a lifestyle website…I give it less than a year.

She’s essentially designed this drink line for herself, plus the small handful of influencers who live a similar lifestyle; wealthy, after a certain vibe, bougie in their foodie/drink preferences and think that it makes sense to pay premium for a canned cocktail because it saves you the convenience of making it at home.

Naaah, if I want a cocktail at home, I will make it fresh myself - I don‘t treat at home mixed drinks the same way I keep a couple of IPAs, a bottle or two of tonic (for a GT or other easy cocktail) or a bottle of white wine in the fridge just in case the craving or mood for one hits…
exactly, as high end as she’s marketing it to be- it’s still a cocktail in a tin, I buy them for train journeys, not for drinking in my home at night!

Reactions: 11
What happened with the stationery business? I think I missed that chapter

Reactions: 3

Exactly.

I may occasionally splurge on a couple as a treat if I could pop it in my basket in Waitrose or local deli, but the direct to market route means folk have to plan to buy them, order in advance and await delivery. In which case, it makes no sense to buy them in 3s, so you’d need to part with the best part of £100 for a dozen tins!

Much easier, cheaper and faster to buy the ingredients.

I can see what she’s trying to do, and they are very appealing, but premium drinks are a spontaneous purchase.

Reactions: 7
Someone here needs to try them out and report back 😂 maybe we can all chip in considering the cost lol. I'm really interested to know how they actually taste... like, I'm sure they are NICE cause it's Kate but let's be real, there's a limit to how nice something in a can can taste, right? I don't think I've ever opened a can of anything - regardless of how premium- and had it blow my mind or anything.

A few people I follow received the cocktails as freebies… and they all said how pretty they looked but nobody actually said anything about them being tasty. Hmm…

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Why is she suddenly covering Dahlia’s face? She’s had her all over the gram since birth. Pretty sure she was also sharing pictures of her over the past week.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.