Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In Scotland we no longer have long leases, you only sign for 30 days.
Yep, and it's only 3 months or so notice as long as the reason you're asking your tenant to leave is one of the ones outlined in the law - evicting them to live in the property is one of the allowed reasons.

Reactions: 1
Yep, and it's only 3 months or so notice as long as the reason you're asking your tenant to leave is one of the ones outlined in the law - evicting them to live in the property is one of the allowed reasons.
It's the same in England, but what happens when the tenant doesn't move out and the landlord needs to do a lawful eviction?

Does anyone here watch Scotland’s Home of the Year? I like the show, but it is noticeable that Kate predictably gives a 10 to any house full of instagrammable tat.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone here watch Scotland’s Home of the Year? I like the show, but it is noticeable that Kate predictably gives a 10 to any house full of instagrammable tat.
oh definitely!! “It has its own style” - no it doesn’t, muted colours and framed quotes are everywhere!!
It’s when she described the actual, authentic cottage as having a ‘quirky cottage-core vibe’ 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yeah there was a fancy house in morningside that won the episode instead of a more interesting house with wonderful garden and unique extension :(

I find Kate’s input kind of embarrassing to be honest, she’s always making some inane comment or stating the obvious. I like what the other two bring to the show, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
they have kate on the show because she's the host who has the more generic, on-trend style. kate is always buying clothes that are from fast fashion brands and that date within a couple of months. her interior style is exactly the same. she switches things up regularly because it looks dated and old after only a few months.

her opinions on interiors are trend-led, which I guess is what a lot of the viewers are interested in. most people are decorating their hoems based on trends rather than personal style because very few people are confident to go with what they want rather than what is on trend.

it's why everyone has dark living rooms and hallways, which already look awful.

Reactions: 7
they have kate on the show because she's the host who has the more generic, on-trend style. kate is always buying clothes that are from fast fashion brands and that date within a couple of months. her interior style is exactly the same. she switches things up regularly because it looks dated and old after only a few months.

her opinions on interiors are trend-led, which I guess is what a lot of the viewers are interested in. most people are decorating their hoems based on trends rather than personal style because very few people are confident to go with what they want rather than what is on trend.

it's why everyone has dark living rooms and hallways, which already look awful.
Agree with your assessment, but worth noting Kate hasn’t had a dark room! I think she’ll skip that trend, it’s not her style. I don’t mind Kate on the show, but her take on things is very bland, and they show way too many scenes of her inane giggling.

I love Anna on SHOTY. She is so kind and enthusiastic, and seems really knowledgeable too. Which she manages without being annoying! I wish she could do a spin off series, I think she’s fab!

Reactions: 6
Agree with your assessment, but worth noting Kate hasn’t had a dark room! I think she’ll skip that trend, it’s not her style. I don’t mind Kate on the show, but her take on things is very bland, and they show way too many scenes of her inane giggling.

I love Anna on SHOTY. She is so kind and enthusiastic, and seems really knowledgeable too. Which she manages without being annoying! I wish she could do a spin off series, I think she’s fab!
I bumped into her when I was over in the West End (Glasgow) last year.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just seen she's got free tiles from mandarin stone. I'm about to place an order for probably around £2k worth of tiles and it pisses me off. I don't think I'm her target audience as the comments on her blog always appear to be from much younger people. I couldn't have imagined me at their ages being influenced to buy expensive tiles. I wonder how much of this actually influences sales.

Reactions: 9
I also love Anna!

Wish Kate had offered a disclaimer before she subtly revealed the winner of SHOTY 🙄😞

The next series will have a stand in third judge… I wonder if it will be another awkward moment like the pottery throw down where the viewers loved the stand in (Ellie Taylor) more than the original presenter (the nun from Derry girls when she broke her legs) and practically campaigned to have Ellie as a permanent fixture 😬

Reactions: 2
I just barfed 1000 times
#dreamy
I find it weird taking financial advice from someone who does obviously shop for instant gratification. She spent £180 on a perfume she tried on once in a shop and liked in the same day. That doesn't scream to be someone who counts the pennies and saves up for something they have been wanting for a while.

Reactions: 15
Will be interesting to see it done up
But equally don’t understand the logic of living to a top floor flat with a baby on the way lol

Jordan and Kate have a new business venture, wholesale booze. They have called it on companies house sip solay. Was looking at them because a pal has just moved to mount Florida and wondered if they could be neighbours

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This girl is gonna have such a wake up call once baby is here, no more Sundays lying around doing bugger all 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This girl is gonna have such a wake up call once baby is here, no more Sundays lying around doing bugger all 😂
For real they’re just two forever teenagers who happened to get super super lucky with right thing right time that allowed them to live a life of Riley. Doubt either of them have ever had a proper working week. Let alone weeks on end of them. Late complains about going away filming. Must be so hard getting to travel wonderful parts of Scotland and getting paid for it 🙄

Reactions: 15
New to the thread. Just saw the ad for one of the delivery meal services. Bloody hell, the portion size is microscopic! 😧
it was the comment about having ‘busy lives’ that ended me. Hard bleeping knock life it is when you go for a walk, read a book and buy endless bleeping peonies every day.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.