Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
These people are too grand to clean up their own shit and are quite accustomed to the job falling to some poor minion (not the yellow, denim-clad type although they'd be happy to serve this pair). Entitlement at it's worst. You make the mess; you fix it and take some damn responsibility for once. Grr...I know many here are rooting for Depp and my rant isn't about their relationship dynamic/ specifics of the case but I'm sick of reading about people who treat the world like their trash can when they can't control their emotions. Yes, there are more important matters at stake but am just sparing a thought for the poor souls who have to deal with the aftermath of these tantrums. They might be paid to do it but it'll be a total pittance in contrast with what these celebs earn.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I respectfully disagree. I think JD comes out of this appallingly (substance abuse issues, misogyny), and I cant imagine many people in Hollywood wanting to hire him. Though that being said, it's been mentioned elsewhere on this thread that men in Hollywood can survive a lot, and I agree, so perhaps I could be wrong about his career.
I don't know what age range you are (and that's a rhetorical) but I'm in my 50's, so I've seen JD's life played out in the media.

Back then, there wasn't twitter, fb or tattle type places or things, there was the News of the World (british paper that's been pulled up over mobile phone tapping). It would run stories that were flamboyant, eager to show off the darker, crapier side of people and they'd never go easy on anyone, they just loved the dirty, low life, scummy things to put out.

When he was with Kate Moss, (who later went onto Pete Doherty) the drugs "thing" was rife in clubs in the UK (and I say this as a very boring person who was the one who drove my mates home after they got high :rolleyes: ) In 1994, when they dated, drugs were huge (**note not in any shape or form saying that it's fine, it's ok, it's illegal, so be clear on that) so when I'm now seeing folk mention that his "substance abuse" will flatten his career, I'm just going to point out, so many people of the 80's and 90's were avid drug users, so this is (not ok) but very old news and didn't stop him from the career he had post AH. (look up river phoenix and the viper club).

As for Misogyny, (little background, I have a Daughter in 20's) so we have old foggy from the 60's versus new modern from the late 90's :) I am learning everyday how my world is evolving) she has been shocked, when I explain that back in the early 80's, men got the best jobs, for more pay, simply because they were men. Men would slap your backside as you passed by to use a photocopier, others would laugh, giggle, older ladies of the office would be huffy, not because they saw a young women being treated in that horrible fashion, but because they felt you were younger and getting favoured over them for job promotion :oops: Benny Hill was the go to for many families, but again, it oozed nastiness of it's own kind, encouraging sex mad man to chase after women, while their outfits fell off, all the while to a silly tune.

JD is a little older than me, so he would have grown up in this vibe too. Does it allow it? (as some teens say) No. Is it ok to be that? No. But you also need to understand, you cannot keep punishing someone for what they grew up in and around. If they manage to change, grow, evolve to join the new world, then great.

He's a wealthy person, an older person, he's had a horrific childhood, he's clung to drink and drugs to numb out - because back then in his younger years, counselling and therapy wasn't something men subscribed to. It was sadly deemed pathetic for men to cry, or share their pain or distress. I'm not excusing him, I'm explaining how things were different and he is a product of that. He wouldn't of been encouraged to seek support, diagnosis or such. I'm hoping he does now.

Equally, for AH, she's grown up in a horrible family dynamic, she's bi, which again, is still evolving for many people, people of the LGBTQ community still have difficult and bigoted folk to deal with. I don't even see it as a bad thing that there has been a diagnosis for her, again, it doesn't excuse her part in the situation, but it does go a long way to explain that she does have certain behaviours and she can hopefully gain support and care to understand and live more comfortably alongside them.

It's a sad, difficult, painful situation for both of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Bobbiewilson

VIP Member
I think AH is a brat who has used, and shit on people all her life to get what she wants. She saw JD as a stepping stone and he was excited by a young, attractive woman. They are both toxic and dangerous together. If she wasn’t good looking she wouldn’t have amounted to anything. This whole saga and the trial has been devastating for both of their careers and there’s no winners.

the trial is like a car crash, it’s awful and I feel like I shouldn’t look but I can’t stop👀

Reactions: 33

Proof8

Chatty Member
Unpopular opinion but if I had my own island in the Bahamas I think I'd be rat arsed everyday swinging in a hammock.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Lady_H

VIP Member
nah normal nice stable people do not send texts like that and in the context of what he’s being accused of show a pattern of abuse and what’s going on in his head. Zero tolerance for stuff like that.
How many people in the world do you think have ever had, and possible shared, the sentiment “I want to kill the fucking bastard” at some point in their life? I know have, when I was in a terrible and destructive relationship.

It could be about a boss you hate, an abusive relationship you’re in, someone who is bullying you, or the guy who’s tailgated you for the last 3 blocks.

I would argue that most people have had such a thought and are able to distinguish the vast gulf in difference between having a thought and acting on it.

I wanted to kill my ex, cut his body into small pieces and dance around on his grave. I expressed this very sentiment to my friend. Neither of us saw it as anything other than something that I was saying in the moment. In fact we both laughed and it was helpful to have that moment of humour. My ex is very definitely not in tiny pieces in the ground.

Not everyone is the same “stable nice normal” that you are and the jury will probably be as divided on this as we are.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Lady_H

VIP Member
As her lawyer specifically promised, I am really looking forward to finding out how Amber cleverly mixed colours to cover her bruises using a Milani palette that didn’t exist until the year after they divorced. The lawyer was so careful to show the jury the exact compact she had used that she managed to carry around with her for several years before it was actually invented. Intriguing!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

LoolieVeeton

Chatty Member
It was cold out there so I made a cuppa then heard the words 'book shop' first edition' 'blood bath' and 'cunt'. So I'm back with book bells on.

Boooks, boooks! I know books I'll have you know and I know who Ms Heards favourite bloody author is too. Ayn Rand who wrote 'The Art of Selfishness.' There's also talk of Aynd being racist as we have heard similar for Heard, remember the blm riots and Ambers tweet that got called out anyone?

"I’ve read all of her books. Ever since then, I have been obsessed with her ideals." - said Amber. This is an ethics of rational selfishness that rejects sacrifice in all its forms, apparently.

View attachment 1220842

Also, if Heard is using those texts because the Americans are terrified of the word cunt I'll have you know that Heard has almost definitely read Inga Muscio’s 1998 book Cunt: A Declaration of Independence, which celebrates the word 'the word is only an insult if you think strong women with sexual desire are a bad thing.' I have australian mates and london mates and the word cunt is as common as muck amongst us all.

So, yeah, that. Garummmpphhhhh. Cuntycuntycuntycuntycuntycunt.

And no Johnny you aren't Django Reinhart and you never will be. Twat.
Cunt is almost a term of endearment in Scotland. A couple of examples.

Alright ya wee cunt?
(Translates - How are you my lovely friend)

Look at that cunt go!
(Translates - gosh, they can run super fast)

😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Lady_H

VIP Member
I am back to thinking he should have just let the whole thing go and moved on with his life, mainly because this wretched trial has now taken over my life.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

knoddle

VIP Member
I'm new to this thread and I'm team Johnny. I have personal experience with DV (doesn't make me special, so many women have had it much much worse, so I am not complaining, I am explaining) The court is still sifting through information, but the significance of misheard's behavior in Australian is damning.
One telling, important point about Depp's fingertip severance which Heard insists was self inflicted is this:
Depp, is bleeding profusely and behaving like a crazy man, and what does our poor little victim do? Does she A-get the hell out of there because he is acting crazy? (That would be my vote as a victim.) Does she B- dial 9-1-1 or Australian equivalent to call for medics and police officers to treat his injuries and contain is cra cra behavior? That would also be a reasonable response. Nope, our girl chooses C- grabs her red lipstick, and writes on the same mirror defaced by Depp, "call Carly Simon , she did it better babe with a smile emoji." That is NOT the behavior of a victim.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
I've always veered towards JD because of the obvious manipulative nature of Heard but I agree @Asparagus123 I had never seen DP in such a greedy consumed by his own myth way before. I don't agree with the system necessarily but the smirking and rudeness in court is all a bit juvenile. Grow up Johnny, we've all had a rough ride, tis planet earth. Get some Keanu up ya you twat. They both need a jolly good dose of humility! Harumpphhh. Am I just jealous of the shoe collection?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Lady_H

VIP Member
I think some of the text messages were abusive even if she wasn’t meant to see them. The ones sent to Paul Bettany and the one sent to Christian Carino. Those are major red flags!
The text message "I'll smack the ugly cunt around before I let her in"& "the slippery whore that I donated my jizz to for awhile” also are very questionable.
But how is something abusive if it’s within a private conversation with someone else and not directed at the person in question and not meant to be seen by that person? If that’s the case I have definitely been abusive to my ex via a WhatsApp chat about my feelings towards him with my friend. 🤔 where does it stop, eg Is somebody’s private feelings recorded in a private diary abusive? Do all “bad” or unacceptable thoughts and feelings have to be kept within our own heads at all times?

Surely intent matters a great deal, i.e as you say, “she wasn’t meant to see them”. I think you start to get into really dodgy territory when a private conversation, not intended to be seen heard or read by someone else, can be seen as “abusive”.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Lyla

I've always veered towards JD because of the obvious manipulative nature of Heard but I agree @Asparagus123 I had never seen DP in such a greedy consumed by his own myth way before. I don't agree with the system necessarily but the smirking and rudeness in court is all a bit juvenile. Grow up Johnny, we've all had a rough ride, tis planet earth. Get some Keanu up ya you twat. They both need a jolly good dose of humility! Harumpphhh. Am I just jealous of the shoe collection?
"Get some Keanu up ya you twat" just won the internet!! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha

Idontevengohere

Chatty Member
I'm just catching up so forgive me if I'm repetitive. I watched the testimony yesterday and having an interest in but no qualification in psychology, I'm going to take the doctor of clinical psychology at her word. I think trying to imply that a meeting where food and drinks were served was some kind of party is a massive stretch and that's not even getting to the bloody muffins. That was embarrassing frankly. To me that was a pretty damning testimony whether the Dr was board certified or not so.we will just have to wait and see what Amber's doctor has to say. Its funny that some people say that jd fans will make all kids of allowance and excuses for his shite behaviours, and then will argue that a Doc with her credentials and experience particularly with ptsd doesn't have a clue. Not getting at anyone in particular on here. It's just an observation.
I mean it's like there is now testimony to say she was un hurt and apartment was fine (from a police officer), that she has personality disorders which may explain her behaviour in lying/abusiveness etc from a clinical psychologist. Audio tapes where she clearly admits to hitting him (proves she lies and is physically abusive) and that she wanted to fix her reputation after putting the allegations out there.

Depp thrashed her wardrobe (hearsay), and wrote some nasty texts to his friends, was a drink/drug abuser and was late on set sometimes. If I was going through what he claims I might struggle with adulting too but hey ho.

Please don't come at me, I'm just looking at what has imo been proven so far.

• Heart

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Most commentators I've seen said that Rottenborn should have made JD read his own texts.

I actually think the cross examination was overall bad. Yes he did rattle JD a bit today b
I want to know what this damn bottle looks like! We haven’t even been given a brand.

Saw this on twitter - someone has complied a list of all the lies Johnny has told in this trial. I haven’t watched all his testimony because, well, it went on for about 60 years so not sure if everything here is 100%. Some Depp fans said they will do the same when Amber takes the stand so if I see that I’ll link it when that happens.
I have watched the whole of JDs testimony and really don't agree with most of this twitter thread. I think it is a stretch to say that a text insulting AH sent to anyone but AH is abuse towards her when she was never supposed to see the message. I think there was one message where he called her a c**t but the message was actually one where they were joking around together and not fighting. I think that c**t is seen as an awful insult in the US but is much more commonly used by us in the UK both as a term.or endearment and an insult. I don't really think that the messages added anything to AHs defence.

The cross examination was terrible as most of the recordings and texts had no context whatsoever and were basically being used to highlight JD using swear words, drank and used drugs. The atrorney jumped between 2013, 2016, 2014 a lot so there was no timeline as to when messgaes were sent and at what point in the relationship. It was just to try and get in more evidence and make JD look bad but I ended up just thinking so, JD drinks, takes drugs and swears...so?

A lot of the recordings had no dates provided so the context was completely lost. For example no date was given for the moaning video the timing it was played seemed to suggest that it was around the plane incident but the attorney never actually said.

The problem that AH is going to have is that she never turned over her devices despite a court order meaning that the metadata couldn't be examined and the dates of recordings and the potential editing of any photos taken by AH could not be properly examined by JDs team. The judge could order the jury to disregard all of AHs evidence and to me makes it look like she is trying to hide something especially as we have all these texts from JD.

Inwas watching Emily D Baker and she mentioned that the lawyers might all be terrible at cross examination as civil cases rarely go to trial and mostly settle. The attorneys don't actually do much advocacy at all.

I thought that Ben King came accross as very credible. The only issue is whether he turned over all the photos that he took of the property in Australia. He wasn't and isn't employed by JD so has no financial interest in lying for him. I actually think that neither JDs lawyers or AHs lawyers asked him for all the photos he took in Australia so he just turned over exactly what was asked for (photos of the writing JD/AH had left around the property etc). As a house manager and the person who needs to sort out any damage it completely makes sense that he would take photos of damage possibly to get quotes for fixing it. Also his job for 30 years has been about discretion so only turning over what he has been asked for makes sense to me in that context.

First testimony tomorrow is a video deposition so probably pretty dry.

• Heart

AnonyGoss

VIP Member
I'm just upset that real victims of domestic violence will be doubted because of this case. Women are already told they are liars when they report men, this just makes it worse for us. Yes men are victims too, but not at the same rate as women. (I hope you guys understand what I'm saying and this doesn't offend anyone). But just look up the statistics of how many men get away with harming women. Anyway, Amber is disgusting and I hope Johnny gets his justice, nevertheless.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Lady_H

VIP Member
The whole thing is just becoming a circus and making a mockery of dv 😢 the JD fans on instagram twitter etc shock and saddlen me that they support him (a lot are quite obsessed with him) regardless of anything he has done.
But given that nobody really knows the real truth of what happened apart from AH and JD those fans are just victims of their own cognitive bias - as are we all. They are bringing their experiences and prejudices to this, as am I, as are you, as are we all, which means we are all constantly and unconsciously screening out evidence that doesn’t support our own perspective and interpreting things from that perspective. You see a bloke who is manipulating the jury through humour, I see a bloke who’s using humour to deal with stress. Who knows what the real truth is?

Having a genuinely open mind is almost impossible and takes constant work and real effort to understand the “other side” because to a certain extent human nature is against us. I really admire anyone who can do it.

And just to add - I am impressed and encouraged by how well this thread is going, given how we started out.

• Heart

Tea&Toast

VIP Member
These people are too grand to clean up their own shit and are quite accustomed to the job falling to some poor minion (not the yellow, denim-clad type although they'd be happy to serve this pair). Entitlement at it's worst. You make the mess; you fix it and take some damn responsibility for once. Grr...I know many here are rooting for Depp and my rant isn't about their relationship dynamic/ specifics of the case but I'm sick of reading about people who treat the world like their trash can when they can't control their emotions. Yes, there are more important matters at stake but am just sparing a thought for the poor souls who have to deal with the aftermath of these tantrums. They might be paid to do it but it'll be a total pittance in contrast with what these celebs earn.
Also what about the maid who had to clean the turd off the bed. I presume Depp took a photo of the turd, but it was then left to the maid to clean it up. I’m sure maids had to clean up all sorts with those two, like vomit and used condoms. There were some texts or emails read out in court bout Depp talking about hookers and condoms, when he was off his tits on drugs. I think sympathy for either of them is misplaced. I get that Depp has his fans and people have experienced similar abusive relationships, so they identify with this case in some way. But you can’t compare everyday stories of DV to the rich and privileged, who can get away from it all by private jet to their private island in the Bahamas. They didn’t even have to live in the same house or country as each other ffs

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 24