Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That lawyer questioning Ben King sounds like he just got out of law school. Did you hear him object to his own question?! šŸ˜†
he started asking how many photos Ben had of the incident, I got bored and had a cuppa, came back half hour later and he was still asking about the bloody photos. they are starting to look ridiculous on this cross. I don't know where they are going with it.

Interesting that Heard's team didn't ask Ben for any of these pictures.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Things seem a little bit dodgy around the photos, BK was doing a lot of squirming. Did BK only present the more favourable Depp photos and maybe get rid of the rest. I would like to see the photo of the vodka bottle that cut off his finger. Surely all those photos should be shown to the court. Is he a reliable witness I wonder, if heā€™s being selective with the photos.

Reactions: 7
I would like to see the photo of the vodka bottle that cut off his finger.
I want to know what this damn bottle looks like! We havenā€™t even been given a brand.

Saw this on twitter - someone has complied a list of all the lies Johnny has told in this trial. I havenā€™t watched all his testimony because, well, it went on for about 60 years so not sure if everything here is 100%. Some Depp fans said they will do the same when Amber takes the stand so if I see that Iā€™ll link it when that happens.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Wow, those last few audio clips played while Johnny was still on the stand were hard to listen to. Itā€™s sad to hear Amber begging him not to leave and sad to hear how exhausted Johnny is (and possibly one of the few clips where he sounds sober). Clearly two very troubled and very incompatible people and itā€™s unfortunate that all of these intimate details are being aired to the world.

Reactions: 13
Things seem a little bit dodgy around the photos, BK was doing a lot of squirming. Did BK only present the more favourable Depp photos and maybe get rid of the rest. I would like to see the photo of the vodka bottle that cut off his finger. Surely all those photos should be shown to the court. Is he a reliable witness I wonder, if heā€™s being selective with the photos.
yeah not sure what is going on there, sounds like he submitted some for the UK trial but am not clear if any have been for this one, you would think they would. It would certainly help clarify things if we saw a pic of the bottle.

In terms of him looking uncomfortable it looked to me like he wasnā€™t sure what he submitted and was being asked the same question a hundred times about the number of pics he submitted.

He seems like a fastidious man, he appeared to recall all the damage and confirmed this on redirect at the end, maybe they will show the pics later to tally this up? Not sure why they would not have shown them now though.

it interests me that Heardā€™s team never asked for them.

Wow, those last few audio clips played while Johnny was still on the stand were hard to listen to. Itā€™s sad to hear Amber begging him not to leave and sad to hear how exhausted Johnny is (and possibly one of the few clips where he sounds sober). Clearly two very troubled and very incompatible people and itā€™s unfortunate that all of these intimate details are being aired to the world.
I've lost track on who recorded these but they all sound like Amber is playing up for the recordings and trying to set up Johnny, she also sounds drunk, probably why her side only played short clips.

Reactions: 10
Watch Live: Day 8 Ben King evidence video on Youtube (Law and Crime Channel)

If you go to time stamp 6.26.52 Ben King says "a couple of bottles, one was Stolichnaya Vodka"
Thatā€™s like $20 AUS. I was expecting something more boujie. How disappointing. My man didnā€™t even plump for Grey Goose.

Still unsure how it didnā€™t smash, there was no mention of shards of glass anywhere or vodka over the floor?

Reactions: 4
Thatā€™s like $20 AUS. I was expecting something more boujie. How disappointing. My man didnā€™t even plump for Grey Goose.

Still unsure how it didnā€™t smash, there was no mention of shards of glass anywhere or vodka over the floor?
Oddly, me too, I was thinking it would be thousands of pounds worth of expensive stuff šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚ but nope, just the basic brand ;)

When Ben King was giving his evidence, he said a couple of times that he smelt alcohol, strongly, while in the area looking for the finger (shudders) and also there was lots of broken glass, (unsure if he meant drinking glasses?)

I've lost track on who recorded these but they all sound like Amber is playing up for the recordings and trying to set up Johnny, she also sounds drunk, probably why her side only played short clips.
Has it ever been explicitly stated why she has recordings of so many of their fights? Was it to share with their therapist and listen back to find out where they were going wrong in regards to communication? I remember her telling him in one of the clips she was recording them so I donā€™t think it was always just her intending to catch him out. So odd.

Their communication styles are just too different. She sounds like a nightmare to argue with to be honest, such a short temper and talks/shouts over him. Pair that with Johnny being high/drunk, or wanting to leave things to cool off, I can see why it escalated so quickly between them.

Reactions: 13
Has it ever been explicitly stated why she has recordings of so many of their fights? Was it to share with their therapist and listen back to find out where they were going wrong in regards to communication? I remember her telling him in one of the clips she was recording them so I donā€™t think it was always just her intending to catch him out. So odd.

Their communication styles are just too different. She sounds like a nightmare to argue with to be honest, such a short temper and talks/shouts over him. Pair that with Johnny being high/drunk, or wanting to leave things to cool off, I can see why it escalated so quickly between them.
I'm not sure, the recording JD was explaining today about self harming he said was after they split up and she had the restraining order so that wasn't for the therapist šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø but surely when recording for the therapist both parties should know it's being recorded, comes across like only one knows and trying to feed the other what to say.

Most commentators I've seen said that Rottenborn should have made JD read his own texts.

I actually think the cross examination was overall bad. Yes he did rattle JD a bit today b
I want to know what this damn bottle looks like! We havenā€™t even been given a brand.

Saw this on twitter - someone has complied a list of all the lies Johnny has told in this trial. I havenā€™t watched all his testimony because, well, it went on for about 60 years so not sure if everything here is 100%. Some Depp fans said they will do the same when Amber takes the stand so if I see that Iā€™ll link it when that happens.
I have watched the whole of JDs testimony and really don't agree with most of this twitter thread. I think it is a stretch to say that a text insulting AH sent to anyone but AH is abuse towards her when she was never supposed to see the message. I think there was one message where he called her a c**t but the message was actually one where they were joking around together and not fighting. I think that c**t is seen as an awful insult in the US but is much more commonly used by us in the UK both as a term.or endearment and an insult. I don't really think that the messages added anything to AHs defence.

The cross examination was terrible as most of the recordings and texts had no context whatsoever and were basically being used to highlight JD using swear words, drank and used drugs. The atrorney jumped between 2013, 2016, 2014 a lot so there was no timeline as to when messgaes were sent and at what point in the relationship. It was just to try and get in more evidence and make JD look bad but I ended up just thinking so, JD drinks, takes drugs and swears...so?

A lot of the recordings had no dates provided so the context was completely lost. For example no date was given for the moaning video the timing it was played seemed to suggest that it was around the plane incident but the attorney never actually said.

The problem that AH is going to have is that she never turned over her devices despite a court order meaning that the metadata couldn't be examined and the dates of recordings and the potential editing of any photos taken by AH could not be properly examined by JDs team. The judge could order the jury to disregard all of AHs evidence and to me makes it look like she is trying to hide something especially as we have all these texts from JD.

Inwas watching Emily D Baker and she mentioned that the lawyers might all be terrible at cross examination as civil cases rarely go to trial and mostly settle. The attorneys don't actually do much advocacy at all.

I thought that Ben King came accross as very credible. The only issue is whether he turned over all the photos that he took of the property in Australia. He wasn't and isn't employed by JD so has no financial interest in lying for him. I actually think that neither JDs lawyers or AHs lawyers asked him for all the photos he took in Australia so he just turned over exactly what was asked for (photos of the writing JD/AH had left around the property etc). As a house manager and the person who needs to sort out any damage it completely makes sense that he would take photos of damage possibly to get quotes for fixing it. Also his job for 30 years has been about discretion so only turning over what he has been asked for makes sense to me in that context.

First testimony tomorrow is a video deposition so probably pretty dry.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Most commentators I've seen said that Rottenborn should have made JD read his own texts.

I actually think the cross examination was overall bad. Yes he did rattle JD a bit today b

I have watched the whole of JDs testimony and really don't agree with most of this twitter thread.
That's one of the AH stan accounts that Eve Barlow has been pushing on Twitter, so take with a large pinch of salt (in fact, take ALL of Twitter with a bucket-load of salt).

That lawyer questioning Ben King sounds like he just got out of law school. Did you hear him object to his own question?! šŸ˜†
(epic fail at embedding the gif, so have a link instead)

Last edited:
I have watched the whole of JDs testimony and really don't agree with most of this twitter thread. I think it is a stretch to say that a text insulting AH sent to anyone but AH is abuse towards her when she was never supposed to see the message.
I agree, calling your spouse a name in a private conversation that theyā€™re not even involved in isnā€™t domestic abuse. Rest of that thread is a bit of a stretch too imo - most of those ā€œliesā€ seem more like slightly confused recollections of minor details of things that happened 6-10 years ago or things her lawyer has taken out of context. There doesnā€™t really seem to be a strong intent to deceive, unlike with some of Amberā€™s confirmed lies (the charity donations etc).

Reactions: 16
I am back to thinking he should have just let the whole thing go and moved on with his life, mainly because this wretched trial has now taken over my life.
He moved on. He lost his case against the Scum. It WAS done and dusted until Madam took it upon herself to write an op-ed. She picked the scab.

On a completely superficial note, for all the talk by the defence about the penis painting, it seems we were lied to. Ben King didn't see the penis painting and the defence hasn't shown evidence that it exists. I for one feel robbed! :p

Reactions: 10
Heā€™s digging a massive hole for himself with his ā€˜why would Iā€™ stories. As the psychologist said heā€™s calculated and using his charm
canā€™t stand him. Great actor though. Just very calculated.

I have watched the whole of JDs testimony and really don't agree with most of this twitter thread. I think it is a stretch to say that a text insulting AH sent to anyone but AH is abuse towards her when she was never supposed to see the message. I think there was one message where he called her a c**t but the message was actually one where they were joking around together and not fighting. I think that c**t is seen as an awful insult in the US but is much more commonly used by us in the UK both as a term.or endearment and an insult. I don't really think that the messages added anything to AHs defence.

The cross examination was terrible as most of the recordings and texts had no context whatsoever and were basically being used to highlight JD using swear words, drank and used drugs. The atrorney jumped between 2013, 2016, 2014 a lot so there was no timeline as to when messgaes were sent and at what point in the relationship. It was just to try and get in more evidence and make JD look bad but I ended up just thinking so, JD drinks, takes drugs and swears...so?

A lot of the recordings had no dates provided so the context was completely lost. For example no date was given for the moaning video the timing it was played seemed to suggest that it was around the plane incident but the attorney never actually said.

The problem that AH is going to have is that she never turned over her devices despite a court order meaning that the metadata couldn't be examined and the dates of recordings and the potential editing of any photos taken by AH could not be properly examined by JDs team. The judge could order the jury to disregard all of AHs evidence and to me makes it look like she is trying to hide something especially as we have all these texts from JD.

Inwas watching Emily D Baker and she mentioned that the lawyers might all be terrible at cross examination as civil cases rarely go to trial and mostly settle. The attorneys don't actually do much advocacy at all.

I thought that Ben King came accross as very credible. The only issue is whether he turned over all the photos that he took of the property in Australia. He wasn't and isn't employed by JD so has no financial interest in lying for him. I actually think that neither JDs lawyers or AHs lawyers asked him for all the photos he took in Australia so he just turned over exactly what was asked for (photos of the writing JD/AH had left around the property etc). As a house manager and the person who needs to sort out any damage it completely makes sense that he would take photos of damage possibly to get quotes for fixing it. Also his job for 30 years has been about discretion so only turning over what he has been asked for makes sense to me in that context.

First testimony tomorrow is a video deposition so probably pretty dry.
Thatā€™s a really good summary of the events, thank you. I have noticed that the cross examining was a bit random and made no sense. I wonder if it will be the same with Johnnyā€™s attoneries. Do we know who is being questioned today?

He made him read one and it was really awkward because it was only that one and Rottenborn said heā€™d read the next one. It made no sense.

He moved on. He lost his case against the Scum. It WAS done and dusted until Madam took it upon herself to write an op-ed. She picked the scab.
I thought he took the Sun to court and then Amber to court after she wrote the op Ed? Not that he took the Sun to court and then Amber wrote the op Ed so he took her to court?

Reactions: 3
"
Thatā€™s a really good summary of the events, thank you. I have noticed that the cross examining was a bit random and made no sense. I wonder if it will be the same with Johnnyā€™s attoneries. Do we know who is being questioned today?

He made him read one and it was really awkward because it was only that one and Rottenborn said heā€™d read the next one. It made no sense.

I thought he took the Sun to court and then Amber to court after she wrote the op Ed? Not that he took the Sun to court and then Amber wrote the op Ed so he took her to court?

Yes thatā€™s what I thought? Can someone clarify?

Reactions: 1
Thats what i thought to. Didnt the Sun call him a wife beater based on what she had written?

One thing I did think is the total disregard for someone elseā€™s property in Australia ! The damage they did to the house and then Someone else just came along and sorted it all out !
Maybe if Johnny and Amber actually did some work cleaning or cooking they wouldnā€™t have had the time or energy for all those fights and arguments !!

They were surrounded with people who enabled this destructive and toxic relationship to some extent !!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.