Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s quite impressive the excuses people will make for a grown man’s behaviour just because he’s handsome and in movies they like. Sure, he’s done a whole load of amazing charity work and may be a very lovely man as far as most are concerned, but that doesn’t mean he’s immune to behaving appallingly at times. 🤔
For me, I prefer the blonde haired, blue eyed Australian type (Simon Baker, Thor type ;) )

His films were in the huge league of their time, so there is no avoiding the fact he's "well known".

I have children both male and female. I taught them both, don't raise your hand to anyone. But I am aware that not every parent follows that thought process. That there are nice people who are a different religion, colour, ability, disability, gender, sexuality, equally there are nasty people too.

Is he a saint? Hell no. Is he a sweetie poppet? F*ck no.

Is she? Definately not.

Are people able to view this at arm's length and converse each point? Because in doing so, this allows us to put things in place to support people who are survivors of this type of thing. To recognise the rights and wrongs of law, the processes and hopefully avoid the worst case scenario.

For anyone wondering, no that isn't two hollywood over-indulged types having a squabble in court, it's when a DV person loses their life and their loved ones have to also live with that life sentence forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm just catching up so forgive me if I'm repetitive. I watched the testimony yesterday and having an interest in but no qualification in psychology, I'm going to take the doctor of clinical psychology at her word. I think trying to imply that a meeting where food and drinks were served was some kind of party is a massive stretch and that's not even getting to the bloody muffins. That was embarrassing frankly. To me that was a pretty damning testimony whether the Dr was board certified or not so.we will just have to wait and see what Amber's doctor has to say. Its funny that some people say that jd fans will make all kids of allowance and excuses for his shite behaviours, and then will argue that a Doc with her credentials and experience particularly with ptsd doesn't have a clue. Not getting at anyone in particular on here. It's just an observation.
I mean it's like there is now testimony to say she was un hurt and apartment was fine (from a police officer), that she has personality disorders which may explain her behaviour in lying/abusiveness etc from a clinical psychologist. Audio tapes where she clearly admits to hitting him (proves she lies and is physically abusive) and that she wanted to fix her reputation after putting the allegations out there.

Depp thrashed her wardrobe (hearsay), and wrote some nasty texts to his friends, was a drink/drug abuser and was late on set sometimes. If I was going through what he claims I might struggle with adulting too but hey ho.

Please don't come at me, I'm just looking at what has imo been proven so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This phrase keeps popping up.

"She" is a 20 something who is also responsible, knowing full well that her Father had caused major issues, having assaulted another previous partner, she should have taken responsibility and addressed things with professionals in the counselling and medical world.

She should not have waited until she was stood in Court to do so, at another person's request.

"He" is 58, nearer to a 60 year old and given the amount of drugs and alcohol, he's probably physically nearer to 80.

He appeared to do just fine at work prior to AH. So there was nothing to take responsibility for at work, until that point. Australia, the behaviour and work capability at that point onwards is when it all began to change.

Once she arrived, her demons and his clashed. He never had those issues with Vanessa, while filming the other films in the same franchise.
this is a fair point. Heard must have had feedback along the way, she definitely got it from Depp himself, that she always had to be right and took no accountability. She seems like the type of person that drops anyone that questions her. Even her sister was in the outside at one point according to the UK trial, seemed like she had to beg to get back into Amber’s good graces, makes you wonder what demands were placed on her…

this is kind of where my sympathy wanes a bit, I don’t want to see someone with a personality disorder humiliated on the stand, but she also needs to realise she has a problem. Like you say, she’s ended up in this trial and still doesn’t seem to get it. Her body language says a lot, like she is above it all and everyone else is wrong, imo anyway.

Reactions: 13
I respectfully disagree. I think JD comes out of this appallingly (substance abuse issues, misogyny), and I cant imagine many people in Hollywood wanting to hire him. Though that being said, it's been mentioned elsewhere on this thread that men in Hollywood can survive a lot, and I agree, so perhaps I could be wrong about his career.
You may be right, but the impression I’m getting is that in the court of public opinion he is considerably better off now than before this trial started. That’s just my observation of online comments though. And to be fair she hasn’t had a chance to put her case yet which may change perceptions, although I do think they’ll have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to achieve that.

I think the police officer’s testimony was the most impactful yesterday. I found Dr Curry very interesting and compelling, but there’s always the niggling feeling - or there might be for some people - that her testimony could be tainted because she’s paid by JD to provide evidence in his support. But the PO’s evidence is devoid of any kind of accusation of prejudice. Arrived at scene, swept scene, talked to everyone including Amber, Amber didn’t report any injuries, PO didn’t see any injuries, PO reported that absolutely nothing they had seen and heard there would suggest domestic violence, nobody arrested, case closed. That is truly compelling evidence from someone with absolutely no reason to manipulate evidence in Depp’s favour.

Reactions: 12
Just another thing unrelated to the case, that makes me lean more towards depps side at the moment is that they moved into the apartments and then a load of her friends and sister moved in too. At this time his sister says she didn't see him as much, he spent more time at the aptmts and became sadder. I know isaac was there but it seems to me that he was surrounded by her people. Just a thought.

The whole being fired from pirates thing aside,.did any one actually enjoy the last 2 films becuase i dont remember them being that good overall and always thought JD was better moving on.

Reactions: 6
The whole being fired from pirates thing aside,.did any one actually enjoy the last 2 films becuase i dont remember them being that good overall and always thought JD was better moving on.
They were flogging a dead horse with the Pirates movies by the time they got to 5. I LOVED the first 3, I've seen them numerous times. I have never been able to make it through more than 20 minutes of the other two. Johnny needs to move on and realise that not everything is Ambers fault. He wasn't drawing audiences anymore with any of his movies. He effectively plays the same weird character over and over again. The only good thing to come out of this is that we won't be subjected to a 6th movie!!

They were flogging a dead horse with the Pirates movies by the time they got to 5. I LOVED the first 3, I've seen them numerous times. I have never been able to make it through more than 20 minutes of the other two. Johnny needs to move on and realise that not everything is Ambers fault. He wasn't drawing audiences anymore with any of his movies. He effectively plays the same weird character over and over again. The only good thing to come out of this is that we won't be subjected to a 6th movie!!
Agree! I saw them at the cinima,.have them on dvd for the collection but have never opened them 🤣

One of his newer films where he plays the teacher is well worth watching.

Reactions: 2
Oh I absolutely agree. It was the post I was responding to that was describing what the behaviour of an abuse victim looks like, or doesn't look like. I was applying their argument to the opposing side to highlight that how you personally believe a person in that situation may or not behave is a weak argument.
I had my nose broken and bloodied by an ex, I instantly went and did the washing and didn’t realise how much I was bleeding until an hour later. Everyone deals with violence and trauma in different ways

• Heart
  • Sad
The 4th and 5th Pirates films were just a rehash of the first two anyway. Those films funded his extravagant lifestyle, so that’s the only reason he didn’t wanna lose them. What was he gonna do, make Pirates 10 when he’s 70 years old 😆 that franchise was done after number 3. I liked his early films, but went off him when he started doing commercial films for the money and his cringey ads for Dior perfume.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Most will disagree but in the interest of offering an alternative perspective, I didn't find the evidence given yesterday from the police officer particularly strong. If anything, I think it highlighted a weakness in the police dept for dealing with domestic incidents. For example, the officer took Heard's reluctance to speak with her as an automatic dislike/ distrust of the police, though domestic abuse victims are often reluctant to report or disclose their abuse. Secondly, the officer didn't accept the redness on Amber's face was consistent with injury, but was rather due to crying. We didn't see the photos but a reference was made to a mark above the eyebrow; I think it's unlikely that crying would leave a mark above a person's eyebrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Most will disagree but in the interest of offering an alternative perspective, I didn't find the evidence given yesterday from the police officer particularly strong. If anything, I think it highlighted a weakness in the police dept for dealing with domestic incidents. For example, the officer took Heard's reluctance to speak with her as an automatic dislike/ distrust of the police, though domestic abuse victims are often reluctant to report or disclose their abuse. Secondly, the officer didn't accept the redness on Amber's face was consistent with injury, but was rather due to crying. We didn't see the photos but a reference was made to a mark above the eyebrow; I think it's unlikely that crying would leave a mark above a person's eyebrow.
I totally agree she made a very quick judgement that Amber wasn’t the victim of DV from a 15 minute meeting with her !
Just because she was unwilling to talk doesn’t mean she wasn’t a victim 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
Agree with you about the Pirate movies, but not about Depp as an actor. He has always had a variety of characterizations. His portrayal of Barrie was excellent. He even portrayed Donald Trump!

Reactions: 1

Semloh23

Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Okay, so you don't think JD is a victim either then? Because somebody who had just had their finger chopped off by their partner would surely call emergency services, and not run around the house scrawling messages with blood from their injured finger and paint on mirrors and lampshades. That's surely not the behavior of a victim in your view
Depp's behavior IS consistent with someone who is in shock, who is having a nervous break down. I did state that it was crazy behavior. Hand injuries are bloody and painful, that Depp would would dip a badly injured finger into paint to write nonsensical messages suggests he was beyond the ability to make a rational choice like calling 9-1-1. Heard using red lipstick to write a snarky message on a mirror does not reflect the fight or flight response of a victim. Seriously, would you not find Depp's behavior frightening? Would you grab your red lipstick or would you do everything in your power to get out of there?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I remember working in a clothes shop and at closing time I checked all the cubicles and some dirty sod had done a massive dump in there (not a child). My boss told me to clean it up and I told him I ain’t paid enough. Grim people
My poor little country grandmother used to work in a discount store for a factory that made dresses for very high quality stores. Women would come from all around to get the bargains. My grandmother always felt less than because these ladies would come in dressed so fine and dripping in jewelry. One lady came in one day and was just trying on one thing after another. She had put several up front she was going to buy. She was trying a few more and all of a sudden she just goes tearing out the front door. My grandmother said she waited for a good while thinking she went out to get money or something. She finally went back in the dressing room where the lady had been and there was poop all over the wall and on the floor. I'd never seen my grandmother laugh that hard or that much in my life. She said she never thought a fine lady could make such mess. She didn't have to clean it up by any means, but I know it tickled her to death.

• Wow
Completely agree,

I'd also like to add that I did not find thar psychologists testimony good either! She was fine when depps team were questioning her but she crumbled with Heards team.

Anyone know of somewhere to find unbiased information, since I can't watch all day long and everywhere seems heavily in depps favour so far.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.