Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so most people damage other peoples property or hit walls? I don’t think so 🙈

don’t have a clue about the law in the US but there is the domestic abuse scotland act which states that any act of causing someone you are in a relationship with or have been (average person) fear and alarm is chargeable under the act. Deliberately breaking your partners properly or smashing things up in front of them is an act of abuse as it puts the person in a state of fear or alarm.
I posted a link to the law in California regarding domestic abuse. Damaging property was not listed.

I think this is the problem - people say that this or that is "domestic abuse" or something else, but then they say they have "no clue about the law in the US".
-> I don't mean this in an offensive way, but without knowledge of the law these statements should not be made in such a light-hearted way.
It is a serious allegation and defined by the law.

It is different to say "I think it should be seen as domestic abuse" etc, but it is a personal opinion, not a fact.

By the way: I once snapped a biro when I had a particularly annoying phone conversation.
Should I hand myself in to Met Police??

Reactions: 8
I think some of the text messages were abusive even if she wasn’t meant to see them. The ones sent to Paul Bettany and the one sent to Christian Carino. Those are major red flags!
The text message "I'll smack the ugly bleep around before I let her in"& "the slippery bleep that I donated my jizz to for awhile” also are very questionable.
they just show his huge disrespect for women. Was he not sending texts similar about his ex Vanessa too? I said before that men that hate women usually have mummy issues and he certainly has

Reactions: 14
If anyone has expressed thoughts about wanting to drown, burn and then rape the dead corpse of their significant other then I would be very worried.

If you have expressed sentiments similar to wanting to torture and commit necrophilia then that is concerning.
You miss my point. Perhaps I am not expressing it very well.

Take the content of what he is saying out of the picture just for a moment.

I am asking if the content of a private conversation between A and B about C is abusive when there is no intent that that conversation be read or seen by C?

That is a different point to whether the content of that conversation could be seen in retrospect as a red flag for subsequent abuse, which it may or may not have been.

Reactions: 14
I posted a link to the law in California regarding domestic abuse. Damaging property was not listed.

I think this is the problem - people say that this or that is "domestic abuse" or something else, but then they say they have "no clue about the law in the US".
-> I don't mean this in an offensive way, but without knowledge of the law these statements should not be made in such a light-hearted way.

It is different to say "I think it should be seen as domestic abuse" etc, but it is a personal opinion, not a fact.

By the way: I once snapped a biro when I had a particularly annoying phone conversation.
again.. causing someone you are in a relationship with to feel fear or alarm is abuse and I have seen many a person charged with this under the act by damaging property or smashing things up in a house. Does it matter what country you are in? Abuse is abuse.

Reactions: 11
The recordings remind me of my late sister from the ages of 16-21. She had raging BPD that was never treated successfully. These kind of moments were pure hell for me and my parents, but I can’t the imagine the very real and intense pain she must have been feeling to behave this way. It comes across as manipulative sure, but this is a claim often thrown at persons with BPD because they can’t regulate their emotions like healthy minded people. I find the recordings difficult to listen to because they are very familiar to me, and because of my sister’s inability to have relationships, she ended up alone and very misunderstood for her short life. I really hope these two people seek the right kind of therapy, especially Amber, so she can raise a healthy daughter to the best of her ability.
Im sorry you and your family, and your sister experienced that.
I also have BPD and i understand how difficult it has been at times for my own family and loved ones. Luckily i have treatment/therapy and medication plus the support of my family, so im in a good place. It is such a difficult thing to live with for both the individual and their loved ones.
Thankyou for saying what you said about the "manipulation" aspect of BPD; My pyschatarist has always said it is not manipulation in the general sense, it is more to do with us being in a crisis and unable to regulate emotions. We do feel such intense emotions- both intense highs and crushing pain, its so hard. I hate how BPD has become the buzz word to describe anyone who has behaved like a bleep, i see it on tattle all the time- arm chair diagnosis being made of people and its always BPD, and its seen in such a negative and 'bad' way when really there are also some positive characteristics of BPD. I think misunderstood is a good word to describe BPD and people diagnosed with it. :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

I am asking if the content of a private conversation between A and B about C is abusive when there is no intent that that conversation be read or seen by C?

That is a different point to whether the content of that conversation could be seen in retrospect as a red flag for subsequent abuse, which it may or may not have been.
It is not abusive.

But in an allegedly abusive situation it could be relevant to demonstrate the attitude / feelings the alleged abuser has towards the alleged victim.

Reactions: 7

I see your point and I agree.

Reactions: 5
I think it does depend on the content. If you’re calling someone a c*nt or stupid or something like that, whilst not nice I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s abusive. However if someone sent a text message saying they want to rape someone, using racial slurs, wanted to commit CSA etc I would say that’s very much abusive even if they never saw them.

Reactions: 6
[

yeah I know what you mean. I had a stinker of a day yesterday and started kicking the tit out of the kitchen. I only calmed down after a right funny chat with my mate about how we’re going to set fire to and rape my husband. We all have days like that amirite??? 🤭😂

• Haha
I think it does depend on the content. If you’re calling someone a c*nt or stupid or something like that, whilst not nice I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s abusive. However if someone sent a text message saying they want to rape someone, using racial slurs, wanted to commit CSA etc I would say that’s very much abusive even if they never saw them.
and I would hope any decent guy who received a text like that would call it out

Reactions: 4
again.. causing someone you are in a relationship with to feel fear or alarm is abuse and I have seen many a person charged with this under the act by damaging property or smashing things up in a house. Does it matter what country you are in? Abuse is abuse.
In the 'kitchen smashing video' it was quite clear that Amber was setting him up and even laughed at the end when she was caught out. I would say she absolutely felt intimidated by Johnny in that scene 😂 which leads me and hopefully the Jury to wonder if she was ever intimidated by his behaviour.

• Heart
In the 'kitchen smashing video' it was quite clear that Amber was setting him up and even laughed at the end when she was caught out. I would say she absolutely felt intimidated by Johnny in that scene 😂 which leads me and hopefully the Jury to wonder if she was ever intimidated by his behaviour.
ive said this before but it doesn’t matter how it appears she reacted in the situation. He can be charged if his bevaviour would cause ‘the average person’ fear or alarm. So the jury have to decide if his behaviour would be alarming to the average person and put them in fear.. not necessarily her.

I haven’t seen the video but laugh in terrible situations it can be adrenaline or shock.

Reactions: 7
Ummmmm if you are bored waiting, I did this.... 🚀 👶

nah normal nice stable people do not send texts like that and in the context of what he’s being accused of show a pattern of abuse and what’s going on in his head. Zero tolerance for stuff like that.
How many people in the world do you think have ever had, and possible shared, the sentiment “I want to kill the bleeping bastard” at some point in their life? I know have, when I was in a terrible and destructive relationship.

It could be about a boss you hate, an abusive relationship you’re in, someone who is bullying you, or the guy who’s tailgated you for the last 3 blocks.

I would argue that most people have had such a thought and are able to distinguish the vast gulf in difference between having a thought and acting on it.

I wanted to kill my ex, cut his body into small pieces and dance around on his grave. I expressed this very sentiment to my friend. Neither of us saw it as anything other than something that I was saying in the moment. In fact we both laughed and it was helpful to have that moment of humour. My ex is very definitely not in tiny pieces in the ground.

Not everyone is the same “stable nice normal” that you are and the jury will probably be as divided on this as we are.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
So the jury have to decide if his behaviour would be alarming to the average person and put them in fear.. not necessarily her.
Since this is a defamation claim does the jury have to decide how Johnny made Amber feel, if it was abuse etc? Because he can’t sue her for anything before December 2018 and it’s only if the OpEd lost him work?
Part of me feels like Johnny should have taken her to court over domestic violence, I wonder why he didn’t?

Reactions: 1
YES: because the law is different in every country and in the US it even differs between States!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How many people in the world do you think have ever had, and possible shared, the sentiment “I want to kill the bleeping bastard” at some point in their life? I know have, when I was in a terrible and destructive relationship.

It could be about a boss you hate, an abusive relationship you’re in, someone who is bullying you, or the guy who’s tailgated you for the last 3 blocks.

I would argue that most people have had such a thought and are able to distinguish the vast gulf in difference between having a thought and acting on it.

I wanted to kill my ex, cut his body into small pieces and dance around on his grave. I expressed this very sentiment to my friend. Neither of us saw it as anything other than something that I was saying in the moment. In fact we both laughed and it was helpful to have that moment of humour. My ex is very definitely not in tiny pieces in the ground.

Not everyone is the same “stable nice normal” that you are and the jury will probably be as divided on this as we are.
THIS !

How many people say things like ''Oh I could kill you right now" in times of anger.... with no intention behind it whatsoever, just pure venting and letting off steam.

JD has remained so calm throughout this trial so far, AH looks ready to implode.
Her 'lawyer' is some kind of joke. "I object" - at his own question!!?? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
YES: because the law is different in every country and in the US it even differs between States!
Iirc in Russia domestic abuse isn't a crime anymore. The police won't attend when called and women have been murdered whilst neighbours ringing in have been refused help.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Here is her statement regarding the flight incident. There were 4 other people on this plane including her assistant who apparently did nothing to stop this. Weird too that a loose swivel chair would be on an aeroplane, mid flight :confused:

1650964731828.png

1650964800412.png

• Wow
  • Sad

What the feck is normal too? Normal by whose standards. I don't dig judgey 'how is that normal' claims. Amber was trying it with DP on one of the tapes yesterday, it's bad mental health shaming. Anyone who says people need to be 'normal' in my personal experience are hiding something and I swerve 'em fast.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.