Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you look at the clip that @Semloh23 has shared, throughout the video all it shows is Media headlines accusing JD of the being the abuser.

If nothing else, it shows how biased they have been over the last number of years. I think most will agree here, regardless of what you think of Depp, that she was most definitely abusive.

It does feel horribly voyeuristic listening to everything in this trial but I think that this was his only way to get his side of the story out because the media seem like they don't want to believe anything else.

Reactions: 21
I don't interpret her words as her taunting him at all. What I now hear is AH trying to explain to JD why you can't equate him losing his own finger in a row with how he has behaved towards her. He is bigger and stronger and he left her genuinely fearing for her life during altercations. The two things aren't the same and people will see through that (though clearly she was wrong).

This is my personal interpretation, having listened to the whole clip and without any commentary informing or shaping my view.
What is your interpretation of him asking if she really believes all that, her response being "look at the timelines, they all add up", her denying being abusive towards him, and saying her lawyers told her to say all this so she didn't lose her home?

Reactions: 2
I find it strange that the jury are never told who recorded what audio. Because that's got to have bias too. I would of thought that would be key information.

Reactions: 10
I was heavily biased in JD’s favour until I read the legal findings from the London libel case.

That said, I’m so pleased and heartened to see that, of all the spaces on the internet, this is the most respectful and moderate places I’ve been able to discuss the topic. I’m proud of you guys 😘😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
bit unprofessional tweeting supporting him, defence lawyers are meant to support justice and a fair trial not take sides in a case they’re not even involved in. Plus you’re not meant to be making the jury laugh 🙈 it’s court not stand up comedy! He’s making them laugh as a form of manipulation.
Laws was probably just surprised that Depp lost in the UK. She did a very good job of cross examining both Amber and her sister Whitney. She caught them adding details, changing details, conferring around the paining incident and changing dates. Even for people skeptical of Depp, I don't know how anyone could believe Amber's story after that cross.

For instance, for their initial statements neither of them mentioned Depp's hand injury in relation to the stair incident, where he supposedly attacked them both like a madman with that injured hand. This wasn't a small injury, his finger was severed and his whole hand was in a dressing. When Laws said to Whitney that she failed to mention Depp's hand and dressing she just said "oh yes I remember now, it had dinosaurs on it".

After being attacked surely these kinds of details would be mentioned. I mean they remembered every other detail like a red bull can, a sicker on a fridge, and were known to be adding all these little details. Laws did a great job of pointing that out.

Anyway, I can understand why she would say something like that about Depp in court. Its not like he was doing standup, it's just his personality. Is that not an important factor? The UK judge might not have appreciated it and used that as a mark against him who knows. Other witnesses get judged on that, Take his friend Isaac Baruch, the jury will either think he is just being genuine and that's just part of his personality, or think he is playing up and being manipulating, I'd bet the former personally. I'm guessing the UK judge didn't appreciate Isaac when he appeared in the UK :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was heavily biased in JD’s favour until I read the legal findings from the London libel case.

That said, I’m so pleased and heartened to see that, of all the spaces on the internet, this is the most respectful and moderate places I’ve been able to discuss the topic. I’m proud of you guys 😘😂
What were the findings that changed your mind? x

Reactions: 4
Has anyone heard the full audio of the infamous phonecall where AH tells JD to tell the world that he's a victim of domestic violence and see who believes him? I'd recommend listening to the full audio if you can, I did for the first time yesterday evening, and it puts her words in a completely different context.
I also think she could be saying this to him as he keeps telling her that she is the abuser (like a lot of abusers try and do, make the victim believe they are actually the abuser), taunting her and so she says ‘go ahead say that and see who believes you’.

I also think that because she sticks up for herself, rants, is articulate and doesn’t sound scared that people think she can’t be a victim. Victims aren’t always cowering in the corner trying to escape they fight back at times and stick up for themselves too.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What were the findings that changed your mind? x
Everything in the entire file tbh. Johnny’s unreliability as a witness (that was a compelling section on its own). Her claims were backed up by plenty of evidence and his were not in 12 of the 14 examples.

Reactions: 7
I also think she could be saying this to him as he keeps telling her that she is the abuser (like a lot of abusers try and do, make the victim believe they are actually the abuser), taunting her and so she says ‘go ahead say that and see who believes you’.

I also think that because she sticks up for herself, rants, is articulate and doesn’t sound scared that people think she can’t be a victim. Victims aren’t always cowering in the corner trying to escape they fight back at times and stick up for themselves too.
if that was an isolated call maybe, but when you factor in the other audio of her admitting hitting him, and being very verbally abuse towards him I'm not so sure. Have you listened to the other audio as well?

there's sticking up for yourself and there's saying things like "I cant promise I wont get physical again", "I wasn't punching you, I was hitting", "I didn't deck you". All that sounds very bad for Amber, imagine if Depp said that?

Everything in the entire file tbh. Johnny’s unreliability as a witness (that was a compelling section on its own). Her claims were backed up by plenty of evidence and his were not in 12 of the 14 examples.
the problem is not everything was in the file. They didn't even use any of the audio, which is a massive part of Depp's evidence. They are being used in this trial though. Which I think is fair on both sides, Amber is using some for her defense as well. Whatever the outcome, I'd like to see a fair trial personally, and I don't think the UK one was.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
If you look at the clip that @Semloh23 has shared, throughout the video all it shows is Media headlines accusing JD of the being the abuser.

If nothing else, it shows how biased they have been over the last number of years. I think most will agree here, regardless of what you think of Depp, that she was most definitely abusive.

It does feel horribly voyeuristic listening to everything in this trial but I think that this was his only way to get his side of the story out because the media seem like they don't want to believe anything else.
My observation is that MSM has been more supportive of AH and online coverage (YouTubers, podcasters) more supportive of JD. I think there is a political agenda at play, I mean in no way could the Guardian be seen to not believe the woman after #metoo. That report the other day was shocking from them. I’ll have to check out the the Telegraph and Spectator and see how they’re covering it.

Reactions: 9
I didn't actually 'watch' the video, so I genuinely didn't notice that. I just listened. My understanding of the conversation changed after listening to the whole thing so was just sharing in case others were interested. Feel to find your own your own audio, or do what I did and just don't look at the video.

Reactions: 1
if that was an isolated call maybe, but when you factor in the other audio of her admitting hitting him, and being very verbally abuse towards him I'm not so sure. Have you listened to the other audio as well?

there's sticking up for yourself and there's saying things like "I cant promise I wont get physical again", "I wasn't punching you, I was hitting", "I didn't deck you". All that sounds very bad for Amber, imagine if Depp said that?

the problem is not everything was in the file. They didn't even use any of the audio, which is a massive part of Depp's evidence. They are being used in this trial though. Which I think is fair on both sides, Amber is using some for her defense as well. Whatever the outcome, I'd like to see a fair trial personally, and I don't think the UK one was.

Possibly not but JD’s team asked to appeal to the UK court and were rejected on the basis that they had no new and compelling evidence. I believe the audio files were at the behest of and form the basis of the marital counsellors evidence. (I’m happy to stand corrected on this 👍🏼)

Honestly, if Johnny wins this on the basis of proper evidence and a fair trial I will happily agree with and accept the outcome.

Reactions: 4
I think AH is a brat who has used, and tit on people all her life to get what she wants. She saw JD as a stepping stone and he was excited by a young, attractive woman. They are both toxic and dangerous together. If she wasn’t good looking she wouldn’t have amounted to anything. This whole saga and the trial has been devastating for both of their careers and there’s no winners.

the trial is like a car crash, it’s awful and I feel like I shouldn’t look but I can’t stop👀

Reactions: 33
I didn't actually 'watch' the video, so I genuinely didn't notice that. I just listened. My understanding of the conversation changed after listening to the whole thing so was just sharing in case others were interested. Feel to find your own your own audio, or do what I did and just don't look at the video.
I was just highlighting the Media bias. Not saying anything about the audio itself or your post. x

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.