Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
The latest one is Bill Murray and how he’s been getting away with assaulting people on movie sets for years.
It’s so infuriating that people are saying ‘oh no, we aren’t going to cancel Bill Murray!’ Or playing down his behaviour on set. What the Johnny Depp trial has shown me is that people are ok to cancel those they don’t like (like Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey) but when it gets to a beloved actor (Depp, Murray) everything can be explained away.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Flojo89

I was heavily biased in JD’s favour until I read the legal findings from the London libel case.

That said, I’m so pleased and heartened to see that, of all the spaces on the internet, this is the most respectful and moderate places I’ve been able to discuss the topic. I’m proud of you guys 😘😂

• Heart

Semloh23

Whether he gets millions or nothing (and I think more likely the latter) I think after this JP’s career will now at least to a degree be resuscitated and he will have gained a huge amount of love and sympathy (beyond the fanclub turning up to cackle at his every word in the courtroom). Her career, who knows, but I would imagine most people watching this will want totally avoid working with her in the entertainment industry. Maybe she could get into therapy and treatment and recovery and become an advocate for that side of things.

In all the stuff I’m watching the comments seem to be about 98% Johnny support. That said I have limited amount of time to catch up at night and can’t watch everything so what I am seeing may well be biased. I’m just not really seeing where the #IStandWithAmber people are now.

What I’m mainly learning for myself is that if I ever want to bitch and complain about a third party to another friend or acquaintance FFS PICK UP THE PHONE or even better meet them in person… and nothing in writing, ever 🤔
I respectfully disagree. I think JD comes out of this appallingly (substance abuse issues, misogyny), and I cant imagine many people in Hollywood wanting to hire him. Though that being said, it's been mentioned elsewhere on this thread that men in Hollywood can survive a lot, and I agree, so perhaps I could be wrong about his career.

• Heart

Semloh23

Not sure Depp's sarcasm is doing him any favours here, he comes across as very arrogant and brattish to me (though I'm sure JD fans/supporters find it hilarious).

Tryger88

VIP Member
The price he paid trying to clear his name is too much I think, and its doubtful he will get the full vindication he wants.
I think he already has, I as many wasn't interested in the sun case, I thought them both bad as each other but so far in this case I feel bad for the guy having to put up with the physical violence she's admitted to and all the mental abuse, telling him he's not a man and saying what will people think of him if he told them he's a man being abused by her, unless something is shown in court now to change my mind I'm team Johnny all the way, win or loose. Amber supporters be like "He trashed her wardrobe" erm, actual physical violence trumps that and so far I haven't seen any evidence he did that to her.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
He did! Have you listened to any of the audio?
Exactly. He tries to leave, Heard can't handle it and goes spit cray cray coz 'she wants to work it out' but nahhhh she loves the fight and adrenalin and trying to twist his addled wee brain with her twisty switchy face words so she can record 'em and be the mistress of the worrrrrrrrlddddd. I see you Heard, I see you 🤡

• Haha
  • Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Would you say that to date there has been evidence presented that demonstrated that he was abusive towards her?
(genuine question)
Yes - the trashing of the kitchen in front of her, his admitted to chopping his finger off but since that’s controversial then him using his bloody finger to write abusive messages over the rented house. The derogatory text messages he’s sent where he refers to her as a hooker or a wh0re (can’t remember which), and yes the ‘black humour’ one of wanting to rape the dead corpse of his wife that he had drowned and burnt previously. Threatening to self harm being blackout of alcohol and drugs that you are verbally abusive. These are all versions of domestic abuse: intimidation, threats, demeaning behaviour, etc. But because they aren’t seen as seriously as actual physical contact people don’t take them as seriously.

• Heart

Reece1088

I honestly cannot wait for her to take the stand, from reading the UK transcripts she comes across as very argumentative in her answers and constantly saying that everyone else was lying, so it will be interesting to see if she has had some coaching prior to her new testimony.
yeah I read Heard's UK transcript and couldn’t believe it to be honest, during her cross examination she appeared to perjure herself 3 times and was caught in as many lies in the first half hour. She was made to look ridiculous at times by Depp’s lawyer I thought. She even changed a date on the fly with her sister to match evidence that didn’t tally with her story, the fact they were able to confer was ridiculous. After reading it I was convinced Depp would win that trial as otherwise it would look like she made a mockery of the UK court. Oh well….

I will say one thing though, there were times when Amber was quite slippery and answered well, and was quick thinking, but problem is she had too many inconsistencies in her story. As said, there only so many times you can call everyone else a liar until it starts looking a bit ridiculous.

It will be fascinating because I just can’t see how she thinks she will get up there and recount all these incidents then accuse Depp of rape when there is so much opposing evidence, a lot of it wasn’t allowed in the UK trial. Making all that plausible is a big ask. If she manages it and comes across believable then fair enough, I’d assess my position on it. She wasn't very convincing in the 2016 deposition, I'd assume she will be more prepared here, no munchies allowed....

At the end of the day Depp had his drink/drugs issues and nasty texts to answer for, she will have audio of her being verbally abusive, admitting physical abuse, impartial witnesses including police officers and medical professionals that counter her version of events, inconsistencies in her stories that have already been exposed. The marriage therapist has already contradicted Amber’s in court statement that she only ever hit Depp once. She just has so much so answer here. I agree with what was said earlier, that she never felt it would go this far, she is going to have to back up everything now.

• Heart

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
See that's an interesting point.

He made 3 pirate films (and more were in the pipeline). Everything fine, nobody has any issue with him.

He goes to Australia, AH is present, the dog issue happens, the finger issue happens.... he's late on set, back on binges.

To use the legal lady once again.... coincidence? 🤷‍♀️
He’s a 50 year old man who is wholly responsible for his own behaviour at work, as all adults are.

Reactions: 18

Semloh23

Surely she could have left at any time? There were plenty of properties to choose from.
Are you serious? 'Why didn't she leave' is victim blaming, and such a common line from abusers/ abuser apologists. And she did leave, she took out a restraining order and divorced him.

• Heart
  • Haha

Lady_H

VIP Member
Yes sounds like Amber contributed $350,000, JD $100,000 and Elon $500,000. Originally she was to contribute $3.5 million. Maybe she got the decimal point in the wrong place 🙄

This is all so weird, WTF Elon?!

• Haha

Reece1088

I also think she could be saying this to him as he keeps telling her that she is the abuser (like a lot of abusers try and do, make the victim believe they are actually the abuser), taunting her and so she says ‘go ahead say that and see who believes you’.

I also think that because she sticks up for herself, rants, is articulate and doesn’t sound scared that people think she can’t be a victim. Victims aren’t always cowering in the corner trying to escape they fight back at times and stick up for themselves too.
if that was an isolated call maybe, but when you factor in the other audio of her admitting hitting him, and being very verbally abuse towards him I'm not so sure. Have you listened to the other audio as well?

there's sticking up for yourself and there's saying things like "I cant promise I wont get physical again", "I wasn't punching you, I was hitting", "I didn't deck you". All that sounds very bad for Amber, imagine if Depp said that?

Everything in the entire file tbh. Johnny’s unreliability as a witness (that was a compelling section on its own). Her claims were backed up by plenty of evidence and his were not in 12 of the 14 examples.
the problem is not everything was in the file. They didn't even use any of the audio, which is a massive part of Depp's evidence. They are being used in this trial though. Which I think is fair on both sides, Amber is using some for her defense as well. Whatever the outcome, I'd like to see a fair trial personally, and I don't think the UK one was.

Last edited:

funkimunki1984

Chatty Member
a good time to ask for a pay rise :LOL:
I remember working in a clothes shop and at closing time I checked all the cubicles and some dirty sod had done a massive dump in there (not a child). My boss told me to clean it up and I told him I ain’t paid enough. Grim people

• Sick
  • Wow

thegirlscout

VIP Member
It will be interesting to see her being cross examined. I wonder what the timetable is for next week in regards to who’s testifying. We all know Johnny will be but with the way he talks, he could still be testifying in 6 weeks time!

• Haha

gem7117

My god Johnny can do no wrong in so many peoples eyes. Even when his behaviour is wrong it’s somehow her fault :ROFLMAO: They are both so god damn toxic it’s a joke. This whole thing is a joke and such a waste of time and money. All so one of them can hopefully come out of it smelling like roses.

both gross in this.