Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

veevee04

VIP Member
Does anyone else think the clinical psychologist is dodgy ? You don't go for a private dinner for 4 hours with the person who has a vested interest in getting those diagnoses. I'm guessing she's been paid by Depp to evaluate her? The assessment was only over a couple of short meetings!!? Assessments like this take months. It's highly unethical and unprofessional the court should allocate an independent psychologist to evaluate both. The documents should be sealed and only revealed in a closed court room. Does the USA really allow such abuse of powers? It's like the old days when you could pay a doctor and have a relative sectioned!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

evoway13

VIP Member
In my own opinion, it doesn't appear that Amber was 'scared'......as she carried on filming (When JD was attacking the kitchen cabinets). When she retrieved her phone - she laughed. I was in domestic abuse situation from 1996 - 1999. When my ex kicked off - I'd run to the bathroom and lock myself in. If it had been possible to film him - I don't think I would've attempted it - for fearing that he would kick off even more. When he did hit me - he was careful to punch me in the back of the head so there were no marks (and most of the time it was completely unexpected). I escaped on 22/12/99.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

jackolantern

VIP Member
I think most people would be terrified to come home to someone so angry they trash your entire closet like that. Abuse isn’t just physical and sometimes emotional abuse is more longlasting. What a fucked up pair honestly, neither deserve a ‘win’ they just deserve counselling.

• Heart
  • Sad

The Downfall of Us All

I'm glad that I've seen this thread as I'm sure my husband is sick of hearing me talk about it 🥴

I have a big interest in psychology and it's interesting to me the role that the public/media play into all of this. Especially, the need to have a "good guy" and "villain." It makes me wonder the grey areas that come into play with some of these cases. Sometimes two damaged, toxic people come together and they're both at fault in some way but in the eyes of the public, there's always going to be a winner and loser. On social media, it's so black and white when it comes to this case - at the moment JD is the victim and she's the abuser. I'm glad to have found this thread as it's great to see people here who consider the nuances on both sides!

The "JD didn't abuse his exes therefore he couldn't have done that to AH?" thing really doesn't take into account that perhaps his drug/alcohol habits weren't as bad back then? Or stresses surrounding filming, personal life etc. Vice versa as well mind. Addiction, mental health etc NEVER excuses bad behaviour but can explain it and with proper help and communication, you can deal with these things in a healthy way.

Sorry for the armchair psychology thing here, but AH does sound a lot like someone with unchecked BPD. I have BPD, and while I never got to the point of some of the evidence seen - the "splitting" was horrendous not only for me but for my husband mainly. It's embarrassing to admit, but I did goad my husband to react because him trying to walk away from the issue at hand, was him not wanting to fight for "us" in my eyes. Thankfully I've learned the proper tools so I don't do that anymore and I've learned to regulate my emotions in a more healthy manner.

Another thing that I've thought and haven't seen be mentioned, is the power balance at play. JD is a household name and has been for decades. I've never heard of AH prior to any of this. Not only that, but his age. I'm not against age gap relationships at all, so long as they're legal etc. But it's a factor to take into account, perhaps?

Sorry for the word vomit. I think ultimately they're both damaged individuals, who came from toxic homes and came together and their demons were took out on each other. I'm not team anyone at this point, it might change as things progress. But I do wish that they both get the help and healing that they need.

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
It’s quite impressive the excuses people will make for a grown man’s behaviour just because he’s handsome and in movies they like. Sure, he’s done a whole load of amazing charity work and may be a very lovely man as far as most are concerned, but that doesn’t mean he’s immune to behaving appallingly at times. 🤔

Reactions: 21

Tea&Toast

VIP Member
For anyone who missed it, this is a short version of Mr Romero giving evidence in his car while vaping and driving away. 😆 and the judges reaction to it afterwards.

• Haha
  • Heart

Influncer Snarker

VIP Member
People here have definitely opened my eyes to what is abuse and abusive behaviour and yes there is evidence there that JD definitely engaged in abusive behaviour.

I still don't believe that he did the horrendous things that she is accusing him of and I don't think he is wasting his time doing this. If I was accused of doing those things, I would 100% be doing everything I can to clear my name of it.

• Heart

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
I won't quote the person because I don't want a row; in fact I am leaning more toward Depp being truthful, (not a "fan girl by any means), but my close relative was beaten, strangled, locked up, had access to family and finances removed...and still left a refuge multiple times to see her abuser.

I don't think you react how you think you will in the case of DV/DA. I know my relative said she always thought people were idiots for staying with abusive partners but it is so nuanced.

Just wanted to say that in case anyone here is a survivor and thinks, "well...I behaved like that".

In this case though I watch with a completely open mind.

• Heart

Influncer Snarker

VIP Member
If you look at the clip that @Semloh23 has shared, throughout the video all it shows is Media headlines accusing JD of the being the abuser.

If nothing else, it shows how biased they have been over the last number of years. I think most will agree here, regardless of what you think of Depp, that she was most definitely abusive.

It does feel horribly voyeuristic listening to everything in this trial but I think that this was his only way to get his side of the story out because the media seem like they don't want to believe anything else.

BumbleB

I am currently on 40mg of morphine a day, you take it when you're told. In hospital it was given on the hour whether you were in agony or not.

IF its true that Heard was just giving the meds at the correct time and not withholding them then she didn't do anything wrong.

• Heart

WhenITellYou

I don't imagine multiple people saying they "had no idea" who Amber was is going down well with Ms. Heard. 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 20

welp

VIP Member
"Where are you testifying from?"

"From home, Essex, UK"

"Where do you live?"

"Essex, UK"

What a waste of a question

• Haha

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
This is the full text that they redacted here:
View attachment 1220507
Mollusk 😆

I don't think they mean physically hit the wall, its like during a marathon no? You come to an abrupt stop in jolly relationshipping?

'Sublime little Russian' - Twat. I hope the sublime little Russian laughed at his willy. Gahhh guys like him think they can order in any woman they want don't they? I am no Heard fan but when he says shit like that I think, well, you play with the fire of young fanny old man, you too will get burnt.

• Haha

Tea&Toast

VIP Member
Sharon Osborn used to shit in a box and send it to people who’d crossed her, she even shat on someone’s office table and pissed all over someone’s favourite sculpture. She also used to get her kids to shit in a box so she could send it to people she hated. Sharon was quite open about all these things that she’d done and believed those people deserved it. Ozzy nearly strangled her at one point in their fucked up abusive marriage.

Obviously shitting on things is one of the narcs preferred way to get back at people. I’m guessing those people who shat in stores, we’re narcs who didn’t get the customer service they think they deserve.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow

queenamber

VIP Member
I really underestimated how rich Johnny is. I'm fascinated by the trial just hearing about their everyday lives. Imagine rocking up to your private island with full staff, not having to lift a finger. Just completely removed from reality. No wonder they have to turn to booze and drugs, they must become numb to life 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha