Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I respectfully disagree. I think JD comes out of this appallingly (substance abuse issues, misogyny), and I cant imagine many people in Hollywood wanting to hire him. Though that being said, it's been mentioned elsewhere on this thread that men in Hollywood can survive a lot, and I agree, so perhaps I could be wrong about his career.
I don't know what age range you are (and that's a rhetorical) but I'm in my 50's, so I've seen JD's life played out in the media.

Back then, there wasn't twitter, fb or tattle type places or things, there was the News of the World (british paper that's been pulled up over mobile phone tapping). It would run stories that were flamboyant, eager to show off the darker, crapier side of people and they'd never go easy on anyone, they just loved the dirty, low life, scummy things to put out.

When he was with Kate Moss, (who later went onto Pete Doherty) the drugs "thing" was rife in clubs in the UK (and I say this as a very boring person who was the one who drove my mates home after they got high :rolleyes: ) In 1994, when they dated, drugs were huge (**note not in any shape or form saying that it's fine, it's ok, it's illegal, so be clear on that) so when I'm now seeing folk mention that his "substance abuse" will flatten his career, I'm just going to point out, so many people of the 80's and 90's were avid drug users, so this is (not ok) but very old news and didn't stop him from the career he had post AH. (look up river phoenix and the viper club).

As for Misogyny, (little background, I have a Daughter in 20's) so we have old foggy from the 60's versus new modern from the late 90's :) I am learning everyday how my world is evolving) she has been shocked, when I explain that back in the early 80's, men got the best jobs, for more pay, simply because they were men. Men would slap your backside as you passed by to use a photocopier, others would laugh, giggle, older ladies of the office would be huffy, not because they saw a young women being treated in that horrible fashion, but because they felt you were younger and getting favoured over them for job promotion :oops: Benny Hill was the go to for many families, but again, it oozed nastiness of it's own kind, encouraging sex mad man to chase after women, while their outfits fell off, all the while to a silly tune.

JD is a little older than me, so he would have grown up in this vibe too. Does it allow it? (as some teens say) No. Is it ok to be that? No. But you also need to understand, you cannot keep punishing someone for what they grew up in and around. If they manage to change, grow, evolve to join the new world, then great.

He's a wealthy person, an older person, he's had a horrific childhood, he's clung to drink and drugs to numb out - because back then in his younger years, counselling and therapy wasn't something men subscribed to. It was sadly deemed pathetic for men to cry, or share their pain or distress. I'm not excusing him, I'm explaining how things were different and he is a product of that. He wouldn't of been encouraged to seek support, diagnosis or such. I'm hoping he does now.

Equally, for AH, she's grown up in a horrible family dynamic, she's bi, which again, is still evolving for many people, people of the LGBTQ community still have difficult and bigoted folk to deal with. I don't even see it as a bad thing that there has been a diagnosis for her, again, it doesn't excuse her part in the situation, but it does go a long way to explain that she does have certain behaviours and she can hopefully gain support and care to understand and live more comfortably alongside them.

It's a sad, difficult, painful situation for both of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Morning, morning, morning, morning. Gotta love a bit of Monty Python for breakfast. We are the fish :ROFLMAO:

Makes you think doesn't it...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Reactions: 7

The article that Amber wrote. Johnny has to prove that she lied in this article and caused him to experience financial loss to the tune of 50 million dollars.

The Sun actually had to prove that they weren’t libellous in calling him a ‘wife beater’ in response to the article and destroyed ohim with the evidence.
Is that it! Thats the first time i have read it, i thought it would be more indepth about her own abuse and the marriage.
I have no clue what the press were reporting at the time about them but that doesnt seem like it would hurt him just on what was in that!
Maybe im missing something.

Reactions: 7
I respectfully disagree. I think JD comes out of this appallingly (substance abuse issues, misogyny), and I cant imagine many people in Hollywood wanting to hire him. Though that being said, it's been mentioned elsewhere on this thread that men in Hollywood can survive a lot, and I agree, so perhaps I could be wrong about his career.
He’s been known for being a chore to work with for a while, showing up late and drunk and not learning his lines. He doesn’t pull the audiences he used to even without all this stuff with Heard.

Reactions: 11
Is that it! Thats the first time i have read it, i thought it would be more indepth about her own abuse and the marriage.
I have no clue what the press were reporting at the time about them but that doesnt seem like it would hurt him just on what was in that!
That’s exactly what I thought. The article is more about her feelings on the public reaction to women accusing men of violence in general terms. She complains that her losses were the fault of the public attitudes not JD. Honestly, I think it’s an interesting article.

Reactions: 5
If you watch the opening statements you will hear the parts of the essay JD takes offence to, those are only a handful of sentences.

Reactions: 3
The Sun actually had to prove that they weren’t libellous in calling him a ‘wife beater’ in response to the article and destroyed ohim with the evidence.
They didn't though. If you read the transcripts from that trial you will see that they didn't destroy him.

Even the judge of this trial has said that because Amber's team tried to get this thrown out with the UK's ruling. The judge ruled against it.

Reactions: 8
Much the same as a 20 something woman calling a 50 year old Man "an old fat man" ......

FAIRFAX, Va. — Amber Heard once called Johnny Depp an “old fat man” and questioned why French fashion house Dior would ever want to work with him, the actor’s sister testified on Tuesday.

As for his kids? well, they are in their 20's, young adults, probably still dealing with and unhappy at the fact their Dad left their Mum in the first place, then went onto marry AH and then that's turned into a crapfest.

I'd say they are probably keeping their heads down and just get on with their own lives with their Mum. You don't really hear much about the Son, the Daughter is a model and she probably wants to just get on with her own life and career, without getting drawn into this situation.
Depp in his 50s as a father of two (one being a young girl at the time) taunting a young woman with ‘fat ass’ just gives me the ick. That’s not me excusing Amber’s behaviour either, but again, he’s a Father of two in his mid-50s, perhaps time to grow up maybe?

Reactions: 14
He was dropped from Pirates after that article came out. That's the $50 million he is suing for. There are emails that have been entered into evidence where she discusses whether she should mention JD and their divorce but she's told not to.

Reactions: 8
I'm too invested in this trial. I dreamt about it last night. The details? I don't recall. I did, however, wake up feeling very disappointed in myself.

...and now to watch the rest of yesterday's stream.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
But what would a settlement look like? She doesn't have the money.

She could admit that she wasn't quite truthful in her essay - but what would the consequences be (even if both parties agree the pay their own legal costs and that she doesn't need to compensate him for his loss of income)?

Could she be done for perjury in London if she were to admit now that he didn't abuse her (at least not in the way she had outlined)?
it seems he doesn’t care about the money as much as clearing his name, on cross he was very vague on the films he had been in, if he wanted pay back for all the loses he would be very detailed about that, but it’s the accusations he is detailed around. It seems reasonable to think he knows he won’t get much anyway.

yeah the consequences for her who knows but it’s pretty certain all that is coming anyway unless her defence pull a rabbit out the hat. So far it’s been very mixed from them. She is just heading for humiliation if she gets cross examined IMO.

Her defence come across well in the beginning of a cross then it all goes to tit. Which really is her situation all over, accusations convincing, explaining them not so much. She got away with it so long because she hadn’t been scrutinised the way she is being for this trial. She’s too over confident and deluded to see it which again plays into her disorder?

Depp in his 50s as a father of two (one being a young girl at the time) taunting a young woman with ‘fat ass’ just gives me the ick. That’s not me excusing Amber’s behaviour either, but again, he’s a Father of two in his mid-50s, perhaps time to grow up maybe?
Yes it is very juvenile!

Reactions: 4

The article that Amber wrote. Johnny has to prove that she lied in this article and caused him to experience financial loss to the tune of 50 million dollars.

Ok so now I'm confused. After reading that (if that's all of it) I fail to see how The Sun deduced that he was a ',wife beater' based on what she says here. Was it just the op-ed they used to justify the headline or other stuff she was saying around this?

Ok so now I'm confused. After reading that (if that's all of it) I fail to see how The Sun deduced that he was a ',wife beater' based on what she says here. Was it just the op-ed they used to justify the headline or other stuff she was saying around this?
The Sun article wasn't based on the WP op-ed; in fact, I believe the former was published before the latter, but both in 2018. Both were based on Amber's allegations first made in 2016 when she filed for a restraining order.

Reactions: 3

Thank you for sharing the link, I read it way back and it was good to refresh the memory.

Yesterday (I'm not sure:unsure: could have been day before actually) JD seemed to indicate there was an earlier edition of the article, then this version was put out and the other one amended or taken away? Does anyone else recall him saying something like that?

I guess if you break the article down... she begins saying " I was exposed to abuse at a very young age. " which is prior to the JD, so that would mean an open article on her life.

Then she goes on to say " I knew that men have the power — physically, socially and financially ", which as a bi person, who wouldn't have had any relationships (boyfriend/girlfriend) at that younger age, would point me towards maybe her Father? **bi mentioned as it's not female, it's "men" so she's narrowing it down.

In my earlier post, I mentioned having office males slapping female bottoms as they walked past, so I fully understand when she says " Like many women, I had been harassed and sexually assaulted by the time I was of college age. But I kept quiet — I did not expect filing complaints to bring justice. And I didn’t see myself as a victim. "

So the change of tone begins in this part " Then two years ago, I became a public figure representing domestic abuse, and I felt the full force of our culture’s wrath for women who speak out. " She gives it a time frame, which would then make an average reader think "who was in her life, could have affected her, made her feel this way, in that time area".

This is also a very telling wording...." Friends and advisers told me I would never again work as an actress — that I would be blacklisted. A movie I was attached to recast my role. I had just shot a two-year campaign as the face of a global fashion brand, and the company dropped me. Questions arose as to whether I would be able to keep my role of Mera in the movies “Justice League” and “Aquaman.” " It's not saying "people would think less of me" or "people would draw an awkward or nasty opinion of me" "people might say I'm a liar and untrustworthy".

What she directs towards, is the thought "oh agents, actors... but wait, she was with that JD pirates bloke, wasn't she? " :unsure: It feels as if there are hints that she will be spitefully removed, which then again, makes you question "oh does she mean he'll put the boot in and speak with his colleagues and connections he's made, over his many many years of being in the Hollywood crew".

This I feel, is sneaky and very pointy......
"I had the rare vantage point of seeing, in real time, how institutions protect men accused of abuse.

Imagine a powerful man as a ship, like the Titanic. That ship is a huge enterprise. When it strikes an iceberg, there are a lot of people on board desperate to patch up holes — not because they believe in or even care about the ship, but because their own fates depend on the enterprise."

rare and vantage point? :unsure: So she's saying I'm very close, on a personal level with a person (again, that would point to JD)

Man and Ship... I'm personally trying to think of any other man and ship that springs into my mind... but I'm getting Jack Sparrow, Black Pearl and well, that fits too. (power of suggestion or coincidence? :unsure:;):cool:) Ship as opposed to boat, which hints at a larger person. (not fat/size, but well known on a huge scale).

"not because they believe in or even care about the ship, but because their own fates depend on the enterprise." - so telling us that the team around JD doesn't believe in him, that she is again correct and in the right (fits with her now identified personality issue) and blasting to him "nobody will believe you JD" :rolleyes: once again. She hints that they are merely in it for the money and that only.

This part...." In recent years, the #MeToo movement has taught us about how power like this works, not just in Hollywood but in all kinds of institutions — workplaces, places of worship or simply in particular communities" Oh so you weren't in fact, just hinting at "men", "ships" we now have a walloping Hollywood (again, man, ship, hollywood, 2 years) and then it begins to feel a little like that pointy finger once again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.