Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hydeist

Chatty Member
I'm still on a mini-grunk so forgive me if someone else has already mentioned it, but:

"Thank you for contacting us with your complaint about Del Monte Europe Ltd in association with Jack Monroe’s advertising.

We’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and, from the information we have, we think it likely to have breached the Advertising Codes (“the Codes”) that we administer. We are writing to let you know that we have taken steps to address this."

🙌

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 133
Hallo Hausfrauen, this might be a long post and apologies if what I'm going to say is a retread of other things (I'm a few threads behind, on a grunk and all) but hey I'm here and I'm chronically lonely and I'm too cold to get out of bed so I thought I'd share my two cents.

Firstly, I had genuinely never heard of Jack Monroe before joining Tattle but these threads have kept me entertained and giggling away for the past month, so thank you very much for that!

There have been a few things building as I've passively observed the threads, so like I said, apologies if this has already been said but I wanted to chip in.

Firstly, rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune suppressing disease (I have relatives with it) and said relatives basically have a constant cold because of the lack of immune system to prevent catching every teeny weeny bug going around - obviously that also means they're high risk for Covid. In the interest of shielding, Jack probably shouldn't have been gallivanting around all year, but alas duty to slop apparently called.

Also, a few threads ago I saw the stuff about suing tattle for libel etc and this really flibbeted my giblets. A few years ago, the landlord of a property I had moved out of found a negative review I'd left of his (shithole, spider-infested, everything-broken, damp-coated) house several months prior. I didn't even live there at the time, but he apparently decided the best course of action was to send many emails harassing myself and my housemates and threatening to sue us in order to intimidate us into taking the review down. This basically meant I spent a month of my life in an already shit year furiously writing emails to everyone and anyone saying "he can't do this, can he?"

The answer was: no, of course not. He was being an odious cunt (I don't use that word lightly) throwing his weight around, pretending to have multiple lawyers writing up letters against us. It really took its toll on me and my housemates - I mean, I still flinch when I get an email - but in the end I sorted it by battling my way through all of his increasingly preposterous bullshit claims, seeking advice from multiple sources, and eventually having the police involved to tell him to stop harassing us because, oh yeah, trying to get people to do something they're not obliged to do via the means of harassment is illegal.

Honestly the whole thing has affected me so much I'm even afraid to mention it here just in case he somehow finds it and I get in trouble again. Thanks, anxiety. Anyway, one of the things I learnt from the experience was that I was perfectly within my rights to leave a review because I, as tenant, had been paying for a service provided by the landlord, aka the house. I was therefore the customer in the transaction. I think that a similar situation applies here: something is not defamatory if it is a statement of truth and an honest opinion, and doesn't cause actual harm (so get fucked, landlord), and considering a lot of people here are former fans of hers who paid for her stuff, whether it be her books or her kickstarter stuff, there's every reason to have an opinion, even a negative one, funnily enough.

Anyways thanks for reading all that. Now I'm going to hide in a cupboard in fear of getting another angry email from the l*ndl*rd just in case he uses Tattle too, ciao Frauen x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 125

Cookiechomper1

De lurking
Intensive care nurse 🔺...”thunderclap headache” is how we describe the event prior to a brain haemorrhage
Jack you do not speak for me or my colleagues

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 122

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @blurstoftimes for the thread title! 🎉. A whopping 135 reactions last time I checked. You know what this means. You’ve gone viral.

Recap of thread #128

1. No furlough, Jack cry. What a sad little face.
  2. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Marcus.
  3. Her begging hour drew dividends.
  4. She has a housemate whose finances she doesn’t want to discuss, and she also had a ‘friend who was staying with her for a bit’ ... but doesn’t live with Jack anymore, only the housemate does.
  5. She had a sleep and then caught up with what was going on in the US. Hot take Jack!
  6. She deleted a lot of tweets.
  7. She was speaking in Arabic. 1G?
  8. Her agent wants to speak to her.
  9. She’s starting a movement. Thunder, thunder, thunderCLAP.
  10. All her dreams came true. ThunderclapForCarers was trending #1 on Twitter. Very, very viral.
  11. Twitter is the one thing she ‘can always do.’ ‘I swear to god when death finally comes for me my right index finger will be clinging onto life for a good hour longer than everything else, jabbing away at my phone screen.’ Funnily enough, I believe her.
  12. Thunderclap is the new long covid.
  13. Guys, it was HER idea.
  14. [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
    ‘I did a chaos’
    ‘My maverick brain’
    ‘My sad little face’
    ‘I’m BUSY’
    ‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
    ‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
    ‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
    [*]
    Use the pink link tab at the top of the thread to find Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, where you will find all episodes of Daily Kitchen Live.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 122
She stole a scalpel?

What happens there is that the teacher absolutely freaks out. They count and recount. They go through the class list. They check the locked risk items procedure. They try to stop their heart bursting from terror and panic. And then they have to tell their line manager/SLT, knowing that this is very possibly the end of their teaching career. Every child who is known to be a little explosive is looked at in terms of whether they had access to them. The teacher probably goes home and doesn't sleep, tortured by what is going to happen to them and what might happen to another child or a member of staff. Everybody's on edge, any disagreements on site are jumped on because nobody knows if they're going to end up with a kid or colleague having her face or neck slashed or stabbed in the heart/leg/brachial artery; a scalpel is easily long enough to murder somebody - and without realising the seriousness of the wound until they collapse and die. Whoever is responsible for detention or isolation has to consider the possibility that one of the children is carrying an absolutely brutal weapon. Because there is one out there somewhere. The teacher has to contact their union to say what has happened and the union will say that if something happens, it's very possible that this will end up in their dismissal unless they can prove it wasn't their fault - which is very hard to do if they were not counted out and counted back in. The Art/Science/DT teacher probably lost their entire career for it, as no other school will take them on after that - and what teacher can walk into a job outside a classroom after 30 years, saying 'I was fired for failing safeguarding procedures'?

I've had colleagues - friends - fired for exactly this. In both cases, the kids concerned were permanently expelled and didn't get to take any exams. An innocent child on the receiving end of one also left school and didn't take any exams because of the danger/trauma/aftermath of it happening. Every single child ever found with a weapon on site in my career has been removed permanently from school. Even back in the dark ages when I was a teenager and got stabbed in school, the girl who did it was permanently removed.

No wonder they fucking banned her from the site (they didn't expel her, or she wouldn't have been able to go back in and take any exams). She should count herself lucky that they let her do that - they could have called the police, who would have taken it utterly seriously as she was in possession of an offensive weapon and even all these years later, it would still result in permanent removal from school without the slightest bit of recourse to the Governors. As it was, they probably said that in view of the risk carrying a weapon involves, nobody was prepared to teach her and it was best that she stay at home. Rather than getting the girl from the Good Family a criminal record. Shame, really - this meant that somebody not psychologically equipped to take fire service emergency calls was employed when they should have instantly failed all checks.

When her child goes to secondary school next year, will she be happy to think that he could be in a class where somebody has stolen a scalpel? 'Oh, they must have been dared to do it, just a joke, or it must be for SH, nothing to worry about'? That kid sitting behind him, the one that knows all about his mother and for various reasons, such as horrible parents, trauma, MH issues, doesn't like SB? He's sitting behind SB thinking how much he dislikes the poor kid. Guess what, Jack - he's stolen a scalpel. It's in his pocket and there's only a short time until the end of class when they're all crammed up against one another in the corridor. Still OK with it?

She is a cunt now and, it would appear if this story is true, an absolute danger to everybody else in school as a kid. But hey, funny story, right?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 114

Emmapism

VIP Member
Just caught up on the latest Jackanory.

Has she told the story about being invited back to the school to speak before? I feel like she's given us that 'and I had the last laugh' before? Unless she's done it so often now it's all blending into one?

I have a genuine last laugh story. I had trouble getting work after uni like most people and after one of those awful 'you've been unemployed for 6 months and still got nothing' courses I was placed at a firm that was looking for someone to help them with their new extras website. I had expressed an interest in getting into TV and this guy needed someone to help set the website up, write copy etc. Lord knows my writing isn't perfect but they thought with my English degree it would be a good fit.

The hilarious thing about his guy was he also had a parking fine company. In fact, that was his main source of income. I would often hear him on the phone with people who had called to complain about their penalty notices being unfair/restrictions not posted clearly. He once joked about a woman who had called up crying, saying she had kids and couldn't afford it. He yelled at her and was just an awful awful man.

He had no idea how he might branch out into running an extras agency. He just wanted to create this website that people would pay to be featured on, despite knowing absolutely nobody in the TV and film industry.

Anyway, long story short, I helped with both businesses and was steadily setting things up for them on the extras website. I didn't like him and it wasn't much money but hey it was something.

Then he tells me his wife is going to get involved too. Okay I thought. But it turns out his wife getting involved was her telling me to write shit that a) wasn't true and b) didn't make any sense at all. I tried to reason with them both but it basically fell on deaf ears.

One night, after his wife told me to write something especially nonsensical on the home page, I responded back sarcastically. He lost his rag at me and fired me basically on the spot. I remember getting the bus home and crying to my Mum thinking it was the end of the world.

Fast forward maybe six months, a year and after blitzing every company I could, I had gotten my first job in TV. Front of house at a company in central London. We had an inbox that it was my job to go through every day....and lo and behold, one day I got an email from this guy's extras/talent 'agency'. Saying that they worked with a number of companies (nobody) and had a huge roster of talent (nobodies who had paid money for nothing) and would we be interested?

I have never experienced such sweet petty pleasure in all my life as I replied.

'Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we only work with established agencies and do not accept unsolicited emails. I wish you the very best of luck with your website'

Reader, the 'extras agency' has never been seen again.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 110
I've got Bob marley going through my head now, it fits it perfectly. anyone fancy having a go at new lyrics to no women no cry to fit our smol goblin?
You do know I'M BUSY, don't you?

No furlough I cry
No furlough I cry
No furlough I cry
No furlough I cry

Cause I remember when we used to sit
In my leafy yard in Southend
Observing the hypocrite
Tweet with the good people we scam
Bluetickers we have, oh, Squiggles we have lost
Along the way
In this great future,
You can't forget my past
So flow your tears, I say

Go Patreon I cry
Go Ko-fi I cry
Little smol one, my shed is clear
Go fund me I cry

Said I remember when we use to sit
In my leafy yard in Southend
And then Cooper would make the fire lights
I say, mouses burnin' through the nights
Then we would cook cornmeal porridge
Of which I'll share with you Christ, no

My poor, ouchy, broken in a thousand places feet is my only carriage except for rail ones, obvs
And so I've got to push on thru,
Oh, while I'm gone
Nothin's gonna be alright
Nothin's gonna be alright
I'm on my Twitter for the whole damn night
Wanting my Patreons to treat me right

To Patreons I lie
To chopped livers, bye bye
Kid say 'More jam Mama'
I'll shed fake tears
And #thankyou #fuckoff, bye bye.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106

CrispyPrawns

Coming out of de-lurking to say....
As a front line worker in the NHS, I don’t appreciate her jumping on this bandwagon for her own glory.
She currently has no idea what it is like to be on the front line, so I’m actually finding it quite insulting, as she sits and bloody tweets all day.
It all just feels very disingenuous, we know her motives for doing it and it isn’t to help NHS workers it’s to raise her own profile 😡😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 106

Winthropp Tuesday

VIP Member
Didnt she want to be an MP herself? Surely that would create more change than spamming your local MP, making them waste their time trawling through hundreds of identical emails. She'd also get a steady income and (minor, local) fame. The dream.

It would, of course, mean real work . Not sure her constituents would appreciate the constant sickies and passive aggressive IM BUSY tweets
Dear Jack Monroe MP,

I'm a constituent of yours, resident at 23 Railway Cuttings, East Cheam. I want to voice my concerns about the amount of time it's taking to complete the roadworks outside my house (situated on the A182683837) and the often dangerous state the pavements are left in at the end of the working day. I'd be grateful if you could look into this for me. I'm 65 years old, and have mobility issues. My wife is also in poor health, and daily walks are our means of getting out and about and staying fit.

Kindest regards
Mr and Mrs R Insed-Bean

Dear Mr and Mrs Bean,

I'm suffering from severe burnout and am extremely and severely unwell at the moment. Are you not aware of all the work I do with hashtags on Twitter? Please bear with me as I recover from covid and regain my sense of taste and gently, softly, slowly come to terms with living in a rented bungalow. Hard relate and you got this.

Jack Monroe (MP for Little Pixie on the Hashtag)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104

Emlo

Jack you do not speak for me or my colleagues
Likewise. In my hospital at least we actually have plenty of PPE (we didn’t at the start but that’s a whole other story), I pay £35/ month to have pretty much guaranteed parking directly outside my work place (which I think is reasonable) and I’ve already had my first vaccine. Yes I’d love a pay rise (who wouldn’t?!) but I’m conscious I’ve been in work throughout a financially uncertain time for many people whilst also being able to take advantage of nhs discounts and freebies! All I want is for people to act responsibly and avoid non-essential contact!

• Heart
Reactions: 101

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Maltese are lovely 😫😫 (I don't even own one). Jack's more of a Rhodesian ridgeback.
I must strongly object! 😜 (although he's only half Ridgeback) The only things under threat from this boy are your knee caps, he loves to give them a sly lick as he walks past
IMG_20201108_170654.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 101

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
Hey you guys, sometimes I'm happy and sometimes I'm sad. Do you think it's because I'm bipolar or because I experience emotions like all human beings?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
Long time lurker on these threads... Gina Martin has posted about #ThunderClap but put the wrong hashtag and spelled Jack's surname as Munroe - how dare she get the FOUNDERS name wrong :ROFLMAO: she'll be fumin

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 99

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
i'm honoured! But the real credit for the thread title should go to the true MVP Rosemary Scoular 👏

blessing this thread with my current lunch of homemade spicy baked beans, sourdough, halloumi, pickled onions and avocado. Not a single baked bean was rinsed in the making of this dish.
BB621A21-B300-4CAF-9BF7-4E52A2971ADB.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 98