Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Just read this article and realised that Jack SO IDENTIFIES with what he is saying and thinks that she is the same tortured genius, but in the same way that she is inspired by what he says in the article, she is also a victim to it too.

The last paragraphs of the article are:
"The government is cutting music programmes in schools and slashing Arts grants as gleefully as a morbidly American kid in Baskin Robbins. So if only to stick it to the man, isn't it worth fighting back in some small way? So write your damn book. Learn a Chopin prelude, get all Jackson Pollock with the kids, spend a few hours writing a Haiku. Do it because it counts even without the fanfare, the money, the fame and Heat photo-shoots that all our children now think they're now entitled to because Harry Styles has done it.
Charles Bukowski, hero of angsty teenagers the world over, instructs us to "find what you love and let it kill you". Suicide by creativity is something perhaps to aspire to in an age where more people know Katie Price better than the Emperor concerto."

Jack wants to have the fame of Harry Styles and Katie Price, that's why she does what she does, not because "it counts even without the fanfare, the money, the fame and Heat photo-shoots"

We all know what he meant in that paragraph was a morbidly obese kid in the ice cream shop. And she's hardly doing it 'without the fanfare, the money, the fame and Heat photo-shoots', is she? She's the antithesis of that piece.

Reactions: 13
On the plus side now "SHE LEFT ! " . There's a 25 % single person's discount on the council tax and should save about £6.66 feeding BB.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She's like a naughty little scamp of a child who annoys the other kids, then when they get a telling off, bursts into tears and thinks all is forgotten. Maybe she's just tired and needs a nap.

Which reminds me...I had my username MONTHS before she had her dinosaur snores!! She's all up in my Jurassic Niche!
And I had my (nick)name long before she changed hers! 📐

• Haha
Reactions: 15
James Rhodes is - and I speak from professional experience - an absolute prize twit and an abysmal pianist.

Another one who got loads of attention for mental health issues which raised his profile as a sub-par musician: can’t be arsed putting in the work to be a virtuoso but wants all the same plaudits as the greats.

He and Jack are cut from the exact same cloth.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
James Rhodes is - and I speak from professional experience - an absolute prize twit and an abysmal pianist.

Another one who got loads of attention for mental health issues which raised his profile as a sub-par musician: can’t be arsed putting in the work to be a virtuoso but wants all the same plaudits as the greats.

He and Jack are cut from the exact same cloth.
Watched a YouTube clip of him playing the piano and Jack’s own brand of one-handed virtuosity makes perfect sense now:
754CD98C-0A89-4D2A-8F92-53D78685DD47.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
thread title because it's too wonderful not to be immortalised:

Jack, could we have a quick chat?
I just went back to read the tweet again and I cannot stop laughing.

"Hi Jack, could you give me a quick ring please?"

😂😂😂

Eta... imagine if she'd replied "Shan't!" Omg 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 40
She literally made a reference to her "housemate" this afternoon!!! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

View attachment 375897
Afternoon all, had a break, been on a grunk, back to say
1. Bb can barely manage 10miles, but on the public forum she’s on - although we now can’t see where she’s been - it does show she cycled 350km in past 9 days. Pretty good going if you ask me. She can’t help but tell porkies!
2. Jack mentions the £7k advance for her book. She’s also mentioned she gets 50p per book in the past but forgot to mention that now. Let’s say last book sold 20k copies, that’s another £10k. With the patreon, ad revenue, money from her website, around 10-15 mag and newspaper articles a year, Helmans fivefigures, Del Monte money, the £23k a year is bullshit on every level.
3. I was back on here for two minutes before giggling away, but sometimes you have to step away for your sanity, especially with all that’s going on.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
so, do we think the call went well then? 😬
If it went well there will be a gushing reply “Thank you for the chat R, best agent ever”

If it didn’t she’ll quietly delete the tweet her agent replied to after she’s tweeted some more crap for “cover”

• Haha
Reactions: 29
so, do we think the call went well then? 😬
I would imagine the publishers are pretty pissed off, with a load of authors now ringing up asking for a pay hike: Author: “Jack Monroe said she gets £7k advance per book, why do I only get £6k but sell more books....”
Publisher: 🤦🏼‍

• Haha
Reactions: 30
2. Jack mentions the £7k advance for her book. She’s also mentioned she gets 50p per book in the past but forgot to mention that now. Let’s say last book sold 20k copies, that’s another £10k.
Not quite. A book advance is an advance on royalties, so if the book sells 20k copies and her royalty is 50p a book, she gets nothing for the first 14k copies sold, those 50ps go to her publisher to repay the advance. She would only get another £3k from the last 6k copies to be sold and then it could be anything up to 6 months after the sales are made, because royalties are usually paid twice a year in arrears, plus any unsold copies returned from bookshops will probably be minused off it, depending on her contract. In other words, it's £10k in total, not £7k plus another £10k.

EDIT: This may be what you meant and I've misread it, apologies if so x

Reactions: 26
Well. I sure picked a tit time to skip a few pages 😖 So let me get she straight. She’s had a summons from her publisher? And now she’s hiJACKing someone else idea again with the Thunderclap? She’s a treat aint she 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.