Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 375557

Patreons drop off, sure they'll be pleased their personal details are likely still in that file...
Patreon PACKERS? whaaa?
If you’re making £7k a year for working 23 hour days go get a job in Asda.
YES EXACTLY THIS 👍 No one, literally no one, is asking her to make this her career. If she genuinely wanted to do it out of the goodness of her heart, then she could. Tweets cost her nothing.
Maybe now SB is 10 and a bit more self sufficient she could go back to the fire service, just a thought.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I’m not being funny, but she needs to get the urban decay out if she thinks that’s what crying looks like. I look like boiled Freddie Krueger after a minor sobbing outburst

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Del Monte must be paying her in pineapple rings!

Hopefully, more will see through her crap - expect to see this retweeting these "help" tweets as an arse covering as there's probably cat fatigue - the requests for tech has been going on since March and she is only mentioning now (unless there's evidence that she's done this before if only she didn't delete all those tweets lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 33
how can someone who earns 23k, is a single parent, pays rent alone on yada yada yada yada yada....be able to afford lip fillers?

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Some of this has been said but I've had to Grunka - bad afternoon at work! That's salaried work Jack, stayed here 22 years through thick and thin. Longish post alert so do scroll down.
£1.19 for a Pot Noodle? You've been done there, and supermarkets like Asda that you visited the other day don't usually take flash marked goods. They come from cash and carry places like Booker, even Costco. Me, the junk food expert would not pay more than 75p for a poodle of any flavour. Corner shop purchase for a picture opportunity.

Housemates. I've lived in many shared houses and had lodgers / housemates since owning a house. All of them have paid something. Food, money, even toilet roll depending on the duration of stay. Only exception is the current one - but she's a cat.

The comments on SBs dad. Wow. You've said he is works at Greggs. And he is a great co-parent. I saw my dad 3-4 times a year, no overnight stays. I class my mum as a single parent. Not sure it applies to Jack in quite the same way. Commenting on his job and other children is pathetic.

Tax / furlough / grants. Not sure on exact details but reads as rubbish. Earlier this year she chose to pay the assistant now it's legally obligated? No. You can't change your mind.

End rant!

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I think she should go live with trump and they can take turns trying to out do eachother.

He's going to be out of a job soon and we'll she already lives on twitter so it could be interesting .
Nicola's already put the kibosh on Trump flying into Prestwick, do you think we could get her to tell Jack to stay off the Sleeper?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I can't stay away. She makes 10k minimum just from Patreon. So her royalties from books ,her 5 figure hellmann's deal, her various articles, GQ , DKL and Del Monte come to 13k? How? How??????
I bet that's £23,000 p/a after tax and whatever she squirrels away in the forever home fund and let's not forget all the the food and other outgoings she'll be putting through the business. She's doing fine, a lot better than most.

Reactions: 52
I don't think anyone who has any sense thinks that just cos you have books published means you're rich. I think we're all savvy enough to know that writing for a living sucks.

but! trying to claim that "paying yourself 23k" means you have to be ever so frugal in order to be relatable. duck off. I'm on less than that on an nhs band that team leaders are commonly on now. I'm just very lucky I don't have supervisory duties

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Also about these help retweets

Hi Jack 👋 - you do know Marcus Rashford didn't get his MBE by just retweeting help tweets - there was a lot of bleeping legwork and a genuine desire to help others?

• Heart
She’s so London centric. £23k isn’t a bad wage up north. Given she’s unskilled with only basic GCSEs.

• Heart
If she earns £23,000 gross a year she’s on about £1,500 a month net and this person wants to give her some of their £1,000 a month!? Make it make sense!
Surely it's not only 23k a year. She'd have only a couple of hundred pounds left after rent and bills for food/clothes/essentials

Not sure if anyone else has said this but one thing that really bugs me is that she pays herself. She's not living on a pittance, she's paying herself a pittance.

ETA - Obviously 23k is NOT a pittance, I just mean in regard to jack obvs

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Del Monte must be paying her in pineapple rings!

Hopefully, more will see through her crap - expect to see this retweeting these "help" tweets as an arse covering as there's probably cat fatigue - the requests for tech has been going on since March and she is only mentioning now (unless there's evidence that she's done this before if only she didn't delete all those tweets lol)
I do wonder what the deal is with Del Monte? Cos that was announced nearly a month ago and the only thing that she’s done is mention their fruit in that Express Xmas dinner thing she did.
I don’t imagine they’re getting their money’s worth out of her.

Reactions: 36
I bet that's £23,000 p/a after tax and whatever she squirrels away in the forever home fund and let's not forget all the the food and other outgoings she'll be putting through the business. She's doing fine, a lot better than most.
She’s said what percentage of her wage her rent is before I forget what bollocks it was but anyway none of her sums add up. I earn similar and rent and am single but don’t live in such an expensive area and it’s a struggle I couldn’t survive even one month in such an expensive rental on this income it just does not add up plain and simple

D90905C9-F1A2-4FF9-A87D-0DE2B96693BF.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
If I say Laura Waddell like candyman...
Laura Waddell who writes for the Scotsman, knows Kirsty Strickland who also writes for the Scotsman. That Laura Waddell, to come over here and see this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.