Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack you do not speak for me or my colleagues
Likewise. In my hospital at least we actually have plenty of PPE (we didn’t at the start but that’s a whole other story), I pay £35/ month to have pretty much guaranteed parking directly outside my work place (which I think is reasonable) and I’ve already had my first vaccine. Yes I’d love a pay rise (who wouldn’t?!) but I’m conscious I’ve been in work throughout a financially uncertain time for many people whilst also being able to take advantage of nhs discounts and freebies! All I want is for people to act responsibly and avoid non-essential contact!

• Heart
Reactions: 101
I noticed she didn’t make the Big Issue changemakers list. Lovely Marcus Rashford at number 1 in the poverty prevention category https://www.bigissue.com/latest/big-issue-changemakers-2021-poverty-prevention/
I have loved the Big Issue this year. Started a subscription since Armando Iannucci tweeted how much th sellers were missing out due to the first lockdown and I love reading about actual people doing stuff for their communities without it being sappy (and their sudoku). They had Michael Sheen in it the other day, and it made me think of some of the Fraus who had declared their love for him here :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
......that nonsense is what leads to serious conditions being treated frivolously (see OCD for the classic example).
Exactly this. I am often being told I have OCD Just because I like things clean and tidy. (you've all seen my drawers 😂) I do not have OCD, which is a serious illness.

I once had a room in a shared house and one of the others had OCD. It made her life an absolute nightmare, it was no fun for the rest of us either. It used to take her over an hour to leave a room.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I was away for a few days, but has the Letdown Larder stopped this time?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I was away for a few days, but has the Letdown Larder stopped this time?
You can't reasonably expect Jack to found a hashtag AND tell people to bung stuff in curries AND sleep for 12 hours a day. Not with her long covid.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Sometimes I see a word written down so much that I start to think it's spelled wrong. Anyone else with GAD do the same? Or is it because I was bulimic for so long?

This "ADHD means x" where x is something totally normal is so irresponsible. Impressionable people go, "Oh, I do that and I get distracted sometimes!" and self-diagnose, and that nonsense is what leads to serious conditions being treated frivolously (see OCD for the classic example). How do we find new reasons to despise this woman literally every day?!
So many people do this now...and it's total cowplop! I see a lot of self diagnosis on social media of conditions like autism. Why would you want to? A badge to certify that you're definitely "special"? It's usually said with a sense of pride that no one with a serious mental health condition would ever use.

And the absurd, "I'm a little bit OCD" because you like a tidy house! Get back to me when you're crippled by numerous and varying compulsions that haunt your waking hours.
😠

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
I have loved the Big Issue this year. Started a subscription since Armando Iannucci tweeted how much th sellers were missing out due to the first lockdown and I love reading about actual people doing stuff for their communities without it being sappy (and their sudoku). They had Michael Sheen in it the other day, and it made me think of some of the Fraus who had declared their love for him here :)
I've watched 7 episodes of the second series of Staged already. Saving the final one for tomorrow. Love you Michael 💟😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Now I want to be the person at hmrc who gets paid to read tattle.
They don't get paid to read here, It is just for fun. And there's more than one and they are very senior ............Think I've said enough. I might get into trouble when I next have a zoom call. ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Lemme guess, mug Jaffa cake shite is whatever you normally make a mug cake with (2/3 of an egg, food waste fans) sugar, fat, flour PLUS can you guess, no don’t tell me, is it a square of smart price chocolate 3p (it’s asda own now) and a blob of bastard marmalade or tinned mandarins or any basics jam (it’s Hubbard’s now) BORE OFF

• Haha
Reactions: 40
One grunka done, next due and in the middle of it all Baby @Ladderedtights appears with ever so cute legs and feet. It is the cuteness we needed after the crying pic. It will grow up knowing to not believe anything they hear and read and that it is vital to keep receipts.
The delighted Hausfrauen are singing "For unto us a child is born' on top of their hooting lungs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Lemme guess, mug Jaffa cake shite is whatever you normally make a mug cake with (2/3 of an egg, food waste fans) sugar, fat, flour PLUS can you guess, no don’t tell me, is it a square of smart price chocolate 3p (it’s asda own now) and a blob of bastard marmalade or tinned mandarins or any basics jam (it’s Hubbard’s now) BORE OFF
A good cook friend made an amazing Jaffa cake cake the other day. The jelly bit was made of orange jelly and the cake bit was a light sponge cake, and the chocolate was actual chocolate. She is living in a serviced apartment while her stuff gets shipped here though, so it was presented in a sort of shallow vase bowl from the hotel. 10/10.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
One grunka done, next due and in the middle of it all Baby @Ladderedtights appears with ever so cute legs and feet. It is the cuteness we needed after the crying pic. It will grow up knowing to not believe anything they hear and read and that it is vital to keep receipts.
The delighted Hausfrauen are singing "For unto us a child is born' on top of their hooting lungs.
Baby tights has lots of Tanten and a few Onkel, too.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.