Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Louisa BB can't contribute financially even though she is a highly paid Head of News at Channel 4, what is stopping her doing some cleaning, some clothes washing, some of the household chores, entertain her son, give her emotional support? Though God forbid they venture into the kitchen to cook. Jack has made sure that everyone knows that she is the only one capable of making a meal.

What is the point of having Louisa a BB there if it isn't for help, assistance, emotional/financial/physical support?
Louisa isn't capable of performing any kind of domestic duty whatsoever. I'm surprised Jack hasn't commented on her bum wiping ability given this fact, and also because Jack is sole washing machine operator and thus privy to such information.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Is anyone else worried about Cooper? He’d have normally been deployed by now but there’s no sign. Maybe HE LEFT too?

• Haha
Reactions: 47
What is the point of having Louisa a BB there if it isn't for help, assistance, emotional/financial/physical support?
Isn't the point to just grind her down, day by day, until she's the exhausted, pathetic, useless mess that Monroe so desperately wants her to be?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Does anyone else get the feeling when seeing these crying selfies that we're getting a small, tiny glimpse of what BB is subject to every time she feels the need to head home for some space and perspective?

Yes!!! I was thinking if this is how manipulative she is in public can you imagine what she’s like in private? Though pure speculation, she displays many characteristics of abusers.

She doesn’t realize she’s making herself a laughing stock with the blue tickers. Except for that Vonny gal.

And the crying selfie thing is SO instamom blogger. Generally they are actually crying and not completely faking it like Monroe, but it’s absolutely barf inducing and a total social media trend. I think JM sees what gets people attention, and tries it herself.

And Jack, stop taking money from your followers. It’s absolutely disgusting. What a con.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I think Jack would be the other employee of the company. (I have a friend who is a freelance translator - she runs it as a company and she is the sole employee).
So what is Jack up to, I wonder? Either she’s a self-employed individual or she’s an employee of her own company, surely? The two are not the same from a tax or employment law perspective. Does she genuinely not know? It all sounds very disordered. And potentially a bit dodgy, if she’s not careful.
And why does she moan about submitting a late tax return (and blame this on ADHD 🙄). First of all: them’s the rules. You don’t get a special dispensation just because you’re Jack. And secondly: doesn’t she have an accountant? (The ex-Sunday school teacher). Isn’t it their job to deal with that side of things?
It’s all a bit opaque.
Mackie opaque? Surely not, she as transparent as a pea souper 🙄

By Jack's own account she's had more work than loads have this year so why should she be entitled to a grant? Multiple TV and webisode appearances, magazine and newspaper articles, Patreon and a two big corporate sponsors. And still she wants more??
She’s a greedy goblin

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
View attachment 375525
Well Jack you aren’t actually doing anything if you are ranting on Twitter...
Has she noticed the people that have genuine success in life just get on with things. Everyone has difficult periods but complaining constantly on social media doesn’t change anything. The kid is 10, he can look after himself, he is not a baby.
But it 90% lies
she is not home schooling, school will be providing
not entitled to SEISS as too much income
she is NOT a single parent child is regularly with his father
Covid not convinced, no test results brandished all over SM, and again, if contacted by track and trace and advised to isolate you are entitled to a payment
not running a household alone,
not solely responsible for all the bills BB earns plenty and she receives support from Sb dad
online abuse, mainly just people calling her out for her lies

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I know loads of people who having earned nothing during lockdown and even with rishi's money it just about covers their immediate bills.

She been working and is working on books. So she is still earning in some capacity. Her kid is at an age where he can mostly do school himself if she hands him a lapttop or even just prints the work off for him to work from. She just needs to offer help if he asks.

I know teachers who are having to homeschool their kids while teach others at home and in school. She really knows little of hardship. It's ok to be stressed as this is indeed tit times, but she doesn't have it worse than anyone else. In fact for once we are pretty much all equal.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I missed that in my fury. it's so insulting to those of us who rent. I'm older than her and I'm giving up hope of ever having a mortgaged "forever home"

she's just interested in filling her tipjar via emotional tweets like that
I’ve been on a Grunka and still a few pages behind but I had to comment so sorry if we’ve already moved on from this.

I can understand why Jack and other people want to own their own home, I totally get it...but from another point of view, we own our flat snd it’s been on the market for 2 years - the housing market where I am has died on its arse, there are lots of ‘bought to let flats’ near us that are going at rock bottom prices and we’re stuck because we can’t afford to drop thousands from our asking price again. Please believe me when I say I know the uncertainty and worry of the owner selling underneath you or having a terrible landlord must be awful but Jack has a nice house owned by a decent person (I’m sure we would’ve heard about it if they weren’t...) and the grass isn’t always greener. Unless she can but outright (which I think she thinks is the only way you become a home owner) then what will she do if work dries up and she can’t pay the mortgage?

If I owned by own business, I would have things I was good at and things I wasn’t so good at - EVERYONE has their capabilities. It’s pretty off of her to blame her ADHD for late returns, that’s not an excuse in the eyes of the tax office. Get someone to do it for you snd if you’re not prepared to pay for a service then maybe your heart isn’t really in the business.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I don’t know how she DARES call herself SEISS-excluded when it’s because SHE failed to comply with tax deadlines.

That’s not “exclusion” that’s called “you made your bed and now you have to lie in it”

(Lol - “lie”)

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Speechless about last night's crying selfie. Come on Jack - now could be the time where you dig deep, find some grit and step up to face your problems. You know, how everyone else has to. You might surprise yourself and it would give you a sense of pride, instead of endlessly moaning into your echo chamber. Just a thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She was oblivious to what was happening in Washington dc as it happened as she was busy sending a plethora of tweets, (tagging in Rishi) lying about her current status.

Not surprisingly, she is now making up for lost time!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
in amongst everything, she's deleted the selfie and associated tweets

once again, ghoul!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.