Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is also a lie. You get 'invited' to apply for SEISS. You get an email and there is a note when you log into your account with HMRC. The form you fill in takes 2 minutes. They know how much you've earned and what you can claim for before you even apply. All you do is confirm that you have had a loss of earnings due to Covid for the specified period and agree to keep evidence to show HMRC that you've earned less and why you've earned less. There is no way to apply multiple times and be rejected. If you've gone through the process, you know what I'm talking about. There isn't a way to apply at all unless you fulfil the criteria of having filed your tax returns from 2018-19 (and the two tax years prior if you've been self employed then).

View attachment 375503
Yep. This is a lie. You are either eligible or you aren't and filling in the details is super easy. Once you are eligible you can claim all/some or none of the grants depending on your circumstances.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
What on earth is she crying about?!?! If there is ever a time to poke your head out of your little narc bubble and realise just how bloody fortunate you are it’s now you ridiculous bleep 😡

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Bored of saying it....

not.a.single.parent

co-parent. It’s really unfair on (mostly) mothers doing it mostly or entirely on their own. I have friends who have never had a single penny from the dads, nor a break. It really enrages me.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Thank you for the facts, I may be imagining this but I could have sworn there was an extension for self assessment because of this that Martin Lewis tweeting about? It may have been for a later tax year / completely irrelevant so apologies it so.
There have been three grants for three time periods that freelancers have been able to apply for. You get invited to apply for all of them with very clear instructions under what conditions you can apply. You can only apply for periods where your income has decreased considerably due to Covid or stopped entirely. first period was April - June. She did DKL and Hellmanns then. It would have been fraudulent for her to apply. Covid actually gave her those gigs. Next period was in the autumn. Current grant applications are still open for Nov - Jan. She did GQ and Del Monte and The Express. Coupled with her permanent income of Patreon and royalties, I have no idea how she would be able to prove that she's had a loss of income or that covid caused a loss of income.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
A0BE16E6-CC49-446C-B3EF-01DC2EAEDD28.jpeg

Well Jack you aren’t actually doing anything if you are ranting on Twitter...
Has she noticed the people that have genuine success in life just get on with things. Everyone has difficult periods but complaining constantly on social media doesn’t change anything. The kid is 10, he can look after himself, he is not a baby.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I think she’s spinning the narrative that people contact her sponsors so that she can use it as an angle in libel that it had cost her work.
I'd love to see this "mass abuse" people are emailing to her sponsors. You would think big companies would be used to getting the odd nasty crank email or comment on their socials for all manner of reasons and would just dismiss it. I believe employees handing rail accounts often get unpleasant comments from passengers for example.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Pretty much everything that she says is complete bullshit but I think she is convinced herself that it’s all real. I just hope that she becomes irrelevant and can go and get a job in Asda sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 31
She is so infuriating. Like, this is the Absolute Worst Jack. She doesn't even inspire humour, just rage. Perched on her dozen sideboards, with at least one of her three freezers full of free fish...she and her stupid white heart of passive aggressiveness can absolutely get fucked.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.