Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep. Sorry to keep tagging @Bumbear but she calculated over £100k had been taken in dividends, the fact her accounts are showing a deficit suggests she actually over took dividends too which is v frowned upon. She may only take £23k p/a as a PAYE style salary but she’s got a lot more to play with 🤷🏻‍♀️
Morning all - sorry I just could not deal with this last night! It sent me into an absolute rage (on top of what is happening in the US) and I had to go into a dark corner with a flannel over my head.

What I had calculated from the 2018/19 accounts is that around £104k had been removed from the business bank account (after I had allowed £25k for the pay / tax of the second employee from the business, whom we assume is Caroline). We cannot tell from the accounts exactly how it was paid out - these are micro accounts so they don't show a director's dividend amount on the paperwork.

If she is saying she doesn't pay herself a dividend, then she could have taken the whole lot out potentially as PAYE (taxed at source in the business bank account) of which she then allocated £23k to live on (her version of the living wage), and saved the rest into a savings personal account.

Doing it via PAYE she would take home after tax around £68k. After paying herself £23k that leaves £45k which has gone somewhere.

It's perfectly possible she could have done this, but not what an accountant would recommend, as it's less tax efficient overall. I do have some friends who are contractors but choose to pay themselves via PAYE (after charging clients a day rate) because they are worried about owing tax on dividends etc and this way they know they've paid tax in full up front. We know Jack has said she struggles with managing her money, so maybe she also is concerned about this (in that case don't empty out the business bank account to the point where you can't pay your corporation tax bill)!

She keeps referring to money put aside for the forever house so it could be that the remaining, larger sum (£45k) could be squirrelled away in a personal, savings account for the deposit.

What doesn't make sense though is the rental cost of the bungalow (approx £2k per month) which she is now paying by herself - that doesn't add up on £23k a year to live on. And that's before bills and living expenses, unless she's getting a significant discount on the rental cost.

Anyway, HTH, got to dash to work. Love to all. xxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Shes like a spiv in ww2. Profiting from a crisis. Seargent Walker from Dad's Army but without the charm

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Why doesn't she put all her negative energy into her work and plug foodbanks and the excluded, without a sob story.

She could say 1000s of people are getting no financial support during the pandemic and are relying on foodbanks. Support your local food banks by chucking some nice tins into the foodbank basket whilst shopping. She could send a few printed( copyrighted) recipies of things most people would receive in their parcels. She doesn't have to do the whole book just a one or two. It would give them ideas and plug her book at the same time. Sometimes the best way to make money is to give out free samples.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I've been trying to catch up for hours. I am bursting to comment but I'm still hours behind. What about when she was boasting about having so much work, or about when she was posting out Kit Kat Chunkys instead of the slop cards. OMG.

Hahah that she has admitted that it was 2019-20 tax she was late, not sure still if Louisa compton, Brexit tin thief bubble buddy and head of channel 4 news is there or not?

The drama! I just love it! We finish school on a Thursday lunchtime for the weekend, and we have been instructed not to do anything fun to catch covid. Internet it is then.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I'm sorry but I ain't letting this go. She might have the memory of a goldfish (that's been in a slow cooker for 3 days) but I don't.

Bubble buddy was staying with her from the start of lockdown #2.

Since then she's made numerous references to her housemate/holding household meetings (involving at least 2 other people), despite BB apparently having retreated to her own property at some point in the interim (notably during the 'Rona).

BB and SB were cooking together 2-3 days ago.

Earlier today she mentioned her "housemate" with the implication that this living arrangement was still ongoing.

This evening she scolded a squiggle by saying BB's financial situation isn't hers to discuss (but NOT saying BB was no longer living at the crappy bungalow, which is surely a point she'd want to clarify given the context of the conversation).

Now she HAD a friend living with her "for a bit."

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE cos I need to go to bed
All of this is allegedly and just my opinion.

L has gone to work and probably unexpectedly had to stay the night due to US chaos out-chaosing Jack. Jack's attempts to get L to come back anyway failed, so to Jack she's no longer living there and she chaoses on SM, including random bits of personal info, in an attempt to get L to feel guilty/scared of what Jack will do next and come home. Really horrible and really abusive.

ETA: her tweets at Sunak may well have been an attempt to go viral enough that L's colleagues would come to her and say "We need to talk about Jack"

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Have I missed a full moon? I mean, there's doing a chaos and then there's whatever that was.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
And now she’s apparently bragging about all the freebies she gets!
Five minutes ago she was moaning about how POOR and sad she is. 😢
She really is a bit thick, isn’t she.
Not mentioned the trawler load of fish though 🐡

Reactions: 23
Screenshot_20210107-084759.png

Had to get a friend to send me this as the delete was rapid! What

More details (thanks to my friend) it was a response to someone retweeting her terrorist post with a caption in Arabic (? We aren't sure) saying if it was Arabs they wouldn't be called terrorists. Jack seemed to decide this was aimed specifically at her because the retweeter used general you and responded with this which is "please don't assume you know how I'd act in a given situation". All translations from the translate tweet but I don't imagine Jack understood the tweet by herself either.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
She really frustrates me with her all woe is me nonsense. Yes nobody should be left behind but there is and there are, so rather than to poor me, she should be constantly sending out foodbank support and charitable organisations that help in a crisis. I'm not saying she cannot feel things but as a person who has been there she could lend her support, whilst achieving her own.

Reactions: 22
All of this is allegedly and just my opinion.

L has gone to work and probably unexpectedly had to stay the night due to US chaos out-chaosing Jack. Jack's attempts to get L to come back anyway failed, so to Jack she's no longer living there and she chaoses on SM, including random bits of personal info, in an attempt to get L to feel guilty/scared of what Jack will do next and come home. Really horrible and really abusive.

ETA: her tweets at Sunak may well have been an attempt to go viral enough that L's colleagues would come to her and say "We need to talk about Jack"
This is exactly why I think she did it. I'm still a bit shocked at her SEVERE chaos from last night... and the way she acted like 23k is a pitiful salary.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
So hang on, she’s a company director being paid through her company and she’s also believing she should receive SEISS for being self employed? She can be self employed as well as a director but seriously? She is SO entitled.
Also, err she’s been working. GQ, Express, DKL, Hellman’s, writing books, buying lion bars for Twitter randoms...

(As an aside, I’m a company director and I pay myself through PAYE. I have a lot of overheads (premises, staff (ones with real hands), business rates, that sort of thing) and it feels safer that way. I’m also in the leisure industry (😭) so nothing is guaranteed in any year, let alone this one.)

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I’m finding her repeated detail of how it was her ADHD that meant she didn’t submit her taxes in time quite distasteful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
Make it make sense.....please, all of it.

I'm going to have to go to bed before she winds me up so much I can't sleep.
I know it's considered bad form to quote yourself, but🤷‍♂️
Finally completed my morning catch up .

I see nobody could make it make sense. Thanks to you all for trying.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Which frugal lifestyle blogger DOESNT choose to spend 83.4% of their pre tax salary (so likely >100% of post tax) on housing??

(rent known to be £1,600 pcm)

• Haha
Reactions: 37
it is Arabic. My teenage daughter learns it at school 🔺, but isn’t fluent. She won’t text her friends with better Arabic the screenshots for forensic analysis because ‘that would be weird, mum’.

View attachment 376078

Had to get a friend to send me this as the delete was rapid! What

More details (thanks to my friend) it was a response to someone retweeting her terrorist post with a caption in Arabic (? We aren't sure) saying if it was Arabs they wouldn't be called terrorists. Jack seemed to decide this was aimed specifically at her because the retweeter used general you and responded with this which is "please don't assume you know how I'd act in a given situation". All translations from the translate tweet but I don't imagine Jack understood the tweet by herself either.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.