Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just showed my other half the Twitter selfie. His response was: “well, she has had long covid for 6 days, poor thing!”

I obviously share a lot more of this thread than I thought I did...

• Haha
Reactions: 46
The £23k pa tweet will be first to go, it’s so ridiculous there’s a risk actual blue tickers or publishing industry people may reply like wtf.

Also if a £7k * 2 advance plus royalties isn’t adequate for the work you put into the books then they’re not a viable business? Either re negotiate or stop? There are only so many ways to incinerate food the world will be okay with the first six hun
I can't stay away. She makes 10k minimum just from Patreon. So her royalties from books ,her 5 figure hellmann's deal, her various articles, GQ , DKL and Del Monte come to 13k? How? How??????

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
god almighty. a bleeping crying selfie like really? she's a ghoul, she's a ghoul ooh she's a ghoul.

she's a ghoul, she's a ghoul

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I can't stay away. She makes 10k minimum just from Patreon. So her royalties from books ,her 5 figure hellmann's deal, her various articles, GQ , DKL and Del Monte come to 13k? How? How??????
Ah, it's the classic Monroe smoke and mirrors thing - She probably earns 23k from one of her gigs, hence the confident and guilt-free claim..

• Heart
Reactions: 47
View attachment 375557

Patreons drop off, sure they'll be pleased their personal details are likely still in that file...
Is this GDPR compliant? Didn't she not set up a privacy for thrifty shades? Also of all the things to pull out idk why I'm choosing this. I'm finding her posed crying aged 13 on Bebo self a little too much I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Doing the Rashford Pin (sounds like a song Londoners would sing while sheltering in a Tube station during the Blitz) has pushed me over the crevice of acceptable levels of cringe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Is she suggesting that she is paying her furloughed worker’s pay out of her £23k salary? That’s not right surely

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Doing the Rashford Pin (sounds like a song Londoners would sing while sheltering in a Tube station during the Blitz) has pushed me over the crevice of acceptable levels of cringe.
for me it was the crying selfie - god it's like watching David Brent but without the laughs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I know we joke about the lit Southend girls WhatsApp chat but sending loads of love and prayers if that thing she wrote (that I shan’t repeat) is true. She’s a vile bleep for writing it though.

Kirsty, Laura, where are ya huns?! @Bumbear has even done the legwork and has the calcs to disprove the £23k a year tweet! Bash it out in half an hour you’ve then got 6 hours of the working day left to ferment some chickpeas for dinner? Win win x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
She pays herself this £23,000 salary. (She has said this is the living wage I think it is above it but explains why she claims to work such long hours...to cover that little sob story). Says she doesn’t take dividends. The rest must be somewhere. Must be rolling in it mate

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
"Furloughed FREELANCER admin.."
Blimey!
If she’s a freelance admin she’s not an employee and can’t be furloughed and the contract could be ended.

If she is an employee she can be made redundant.

Jack isn’t obligated to keep paying her.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I think she should go live with trump and they can take turns trying to out do eachother.

He's going to be out of a job soon and we'll she already lives on twitter so it could be interesting .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.